Rotation tonight

• 10 replies
Rotation tonight
« on: January 05, 2008, 09:43:01 PM »
I don't think there should be too many complaints about who played when and how much they played. We can argue Larry could have used maybe 5 more min to get 20 min instead of 15 but other than that I think we saw the rotation tighten up. Malik didn't see as much time but got into foul trouble early with 3 fouls and I thought the balance was alright between them considering everything because the last 5 min of the game was just playing keep away.

Justin and Mase both played 36 minutes
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

Re: Rotation tonight
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 09:53:00 PM »
i just didn't like having boothe in without AMJR or Burrell.  but everything was workin 2nite.

just sucks CA's atmosphere is horrible.

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 09:55:11 PM »
I'm watching Uconn/ND now and ND fans both young and old yell LUUUUUUKE when he does anything, stand and clap when called for. Maybe St. John's can toss out free tshirts for 40 min and we'd have an arena that stands and claps

Tha Kid

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 11:59:29 PM »
I don't think there should be too many complaints about who played when and how much they played. We can argue Larry could have used maybe 5 more min to get 20 min instead of 15 but other than that I think we saw the rotation tighten up. Malik didn't see as much time but got into foul trouble early with 3 fouls and I thought the balance was alright between them considering everything because the last 5 min of the game was just playing keep away.

Justin and Mase both played 36 minutes

I agree completely JJ.  Woudla liked a few more mins for Larry, but he got the 5th most time on the team.  Norm def limited TJ/Coker/Evans minutes as well as Paris and Malik's, but it was necessary.

In reality the only thing I'd like more of is more Malik over Geno.  Geno can just be a chemistry and momentum killer on offense.
"I drink and I know things"

Randomhero423

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 12:07:54 AM »
^^

i did sense some tension between AMJR and lawrence.

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 12:33:14 AM »
^^

i didn't....where did you pick this up from?

Randomhero423

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 12:34:10 AM »
^^

i remember some plays when lawrence missed amjr (when he was open too), he was shouting and looked very pissed. 

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 01:20:51 AM »
^^

i remember some plays when lawrence missed amjr (when he was open too), he was shouting and looked very pissed. 

i don't know personally I didn't see it. I know Geno kicked it to mason in the second half for three and I didn't notice any tension. Mase probably touched the ball more than any other player tonight.

kob24

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 01:32:55 AM »
hence my saying throw justin a got damn oop and get the crowd on its feet going crazy. geno is so pissing me off

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 11:17:29 AM »
I'll complain.  Norm substituted all five guys out after one bad series (including Malik), brining in Geno, Mase, Burrell, Kennedy and Coker (i believe).

While I understand the theory ("let's get 5 in there who can play"), I don't know what he expected to see from poor Malik who didn't have many options with him on the floor.  No Mase, no JB, and Evans in there at the 4.  What do you expect from the guy? 

My point?  I'd love to see what Malik would do at the point with Mase, JB and Wright all in there at the same time.  That would be exciting to watch. 

Geno is a warrior, he took a BIG shot last night and bounced right back up.  I never question his heart, just his BBall IQ.  He HAS to feed the big man down low, JB is busting his ass in the low post.  Get him the ball down there, not at the top of the key.

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 01:14:30 PM »
I think alleyoops is completely dead on in that last post. We keep going to an all-backup lineup which is rarely if ever successful. In the game, Mason, Lawrence, Burrell, Kennedy and Wright (who I'm counting as a de facto starter since Tomas is that in name only) scored all but 6 of our points! Yet there were stretches (the ones when Cincy came anywhere near us) where none of them were on the floor. I understand everyone needs a rest. But he really needs to learn how to structure it so that all the rests don't come at the same time.

I don't think it was out of the Jungle but when they announced Norm after the starters I did hear some scattered boo's. I was surprised but I guess I really shouldn't have been (considering I feel the same way lol)