Ater Majok - PF - American International School - Australia - UCONN

• 18 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
I don't have an insider's account but I was flipping by Scout.com and this cat (http://saintjohns.scout.com/a.z?s=443&p=8&c=1&nid=3411777) is listed in our prospect list, he's a 4-star guy?  He backed out of a commitment to Baylor.

Then again, his "high interest" is Maryland.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 04:43:22 PM by kjd01067 »

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
Re: Wait, Is THIS the "Mystery Recruit," Ater Majok??
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 05:27:28 PM »
Nope... i'll give u a hint. The "mystery man" is NOT a bigman..  ;D .. peace!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 06:12:59 PM »
doubt there is a mystery man

jsk

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 06:59:31 PM »
Is the MM a PG?

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 03:22:45 PM »
the mystery man isnt real... its just a hoax to get everyone excited... why not tell us who he is if hes real?... if other big name colleges are recruiting him, whats the point in not telling us who he is

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 03:37:01 PM »
He is real. Out of respect of the coaches and the program, I'm not divulging the information. I haven't spoken to any of them regarding him in a while nor have they brought him up either. I wouldn't create a hoax to get everyone excited nor should you really be too excited about a mystery recruit to begin with if you did that is just foolish. The kid could be a pretty good talent but if I wanted to create excitement by making a hoax I would have said Landesberg was a lock to St. John's. I'm not here to lie to people.

No other big colleges are recruiting him to my knowledge which is why he is remaining a mystery. I will someday release his name if nothing amounts to him or he so happens to sign elsewhere but as of right now I don't think he is cleared by the clearinghouse due to not taking the SATs as he is international(his clearinghouse status is speculation on my part but that is what I believe by what I've read on him). The kid can score and handle the rock possibly more of a combo guard rather than a true PG or SG from what I read on him.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 05:36:54 PM »
Hey JJ, can you check with your sources to see if we are still in the running for MM?

redstorm32

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 06:55:07 PM »
oldred what happened to that big man you said we had a chance in signing

southernjohnny

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 08:48:27 AM »
 if he is the buddy of the St. Mary's Australian stud...he is being recruited by big schools now...kid is a superstar in the making.

jsk

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 11:26:12 AM »
The expectation set of a "Mystery Recruit" suggests that the person is a very high probability for signing. I realize nothing is certain, but is the expectation accurately implying a very high probability? Or am I just unfairly wishing and hoping? Looking for some real good news for a change.............

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 04:05:28 PM »
the next person we sign...even if he has some sort of palsy...will qualify as the mystery recruit.

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 09:52:11 PM »
The expectation set of a "Mystery Recruit" suggests that the person is a very high probability for signing. I realize nothing is certain, but is the expectation accurately implying a very high probability? Or am I just unfairly wishing and hoping? Looking for some real good news for a change.............

Please reread JJ's post, all of the applicable info is there.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 01:48:53 AM »

Good question 32... all i can tell u is the staff appears to be concentrating on obtaining another "big" for next year & a trusted "source" told me we would be getting a commit "soon"... thats all i know at this point brother.. ??? .. peace!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 01:57:12 AM »
"Majok On Display In The States"

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=2&cid=708241&nid=3411777&fhn=1

http://maryland.scout.com/2/702915.html

Baylor, St. John’s and Auburn watched him Friday morning in a win over Stevens Prep. Majok played mainly inside and scored 15 points (7-8 FG), grabbed 12 rebounds and blocked 4 shots. In warm-ups and after the game when he shot around, it was clear there was more offense in his arsenal. In the contest, while dunking 5 times, he stroked a baseline jumper and there’s reason to believe his skills will allow him to play facing the bucket.

“For me I’ll play any position. It depends how the defense is playing me. Today, we kind of had a small team so I just went in the paint. Normally if we have bigs my height and they’re slow, I’ll play the (small forward) and take them off the dribble.”

In addition to the Terps and Bears, St. John’s, West Virginia, Georgia Tech and Rutgers are among a growing list of programs that have been in contact. Kansas will be out this week to see him as well.

“I want to play college basketball,” Majok said. “Colleges these days, 6-9 guys go in the post. I’m not a post player. I like to handle the ball and I like to shoot. I like to bang and I’m going to look for somebody whose going to give me all that.”

The well-spoken Majok appears to be the most attractive big man prospect on the board. He’s got grades, potential and talent. Now he’s got the attention of programs around the nation.

Tha Kid

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 08:13:00 AM »

Good question 32... all i can tell u is the staff appears to be concentrating on obtaining another "big" for next year & a trusted "source" told me we would be getting a commit "soon"... thats all i know at this point brother.. ??? .. peace!

OldRed, your sources told us over a month ago we would be getting a big to committ "soon."  Is this the same big, and does soon mean like before Christmas or just mean this year?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 08:13:23 AM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2007, 09:24:50 AM »
the next person we sign...even if he has some sort of palsy...will qualify as the mystery recruit.

dont even have to sign with sju, anybody interested  in our 2008 class would be considered a mystery recruit.

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2007, 11:06:27 AM »

OldRed, your sources told us over a month ago we would be getting a big to committ "soon."  Is this the same big, and does soon mean like before Christmas or just mean this year?

oldred has been MIA after sju began losing and him having to face some music.  i dont even know if HE can be an apologist anymore
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2007, 11:56:33 AM »

oldred has been MIA after sju began losing and him having to face some music.  i dont even know if HE can be an apologist anymore

i think the mystery man is dexter strickland because it is a mystery why he has no interest in sju :)

pmg911

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2007, 01:48:08 PM »

He is missing because he "CAN'T" make any "real" points about the "game" of "basketball" ...   

He is a homer and there is nothing wrong with that...    he is a VERY loyal St. John's fan and that is a good thing....

BUT. . he is completely incapable of being objective...  and he is probably losing it because everything he claimed was going to come true by January has blown up in his face...