why is new york hating on lance

• 51 replies

kob24

why is new york hating on lance
« on: May 12, 2009, 07:58:39 PM »
ok my boy d scott got daily news player of the year. thats great im excited. thats family right  there along with omari. but i have a problem with this. how can he get player of the year when he didnt even get chsaa player of the year. or new york state player of the year? he also missed the 1st 3 -4 weeks of the season with injury.  granted they beat lance in the states final and he played great defense on him. but lance is now the all time scoring leader in new york state history come on. the sins of the father is really hurting this kid. he won the psal 4 years in a row thats unheard of.  its plain hate and i dont understand why. people saying he is a thug he is grabbing girls well damnit tyreke evans was in a got damn drive by people. a dddddddddrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeee by shooting. it doesnt get more thuggish than that. paul harris beat the sh!t out of his mom and 34 year old girlfriend. he isnt getting hated on like lance.what is it about lance that makes peole so angry at him. new york makes me so damn sick.

Re: why is new york hating on lance
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 10:06:03 PM »
I agree...kid has been in the spotlight since 7th grade at least.  I know adults that can't handle the spotlight.   People complain about him having an attitude.  So what?  As you say kob it could be a lot worse.

And if I got charged everytime I grabbed a girls ass in High School and College I would've been in a court room for 10 years straight.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 10:12:09 PM »
I think being mentioned with the likes of Marbury,Telfair and Tiny doesnt help

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 10:15:45 PM »
Because he has been teasing us all along...two hot chicks...one chick doesn't notice you, you ask her out, she says thanks but no thanks but I got a boyfriend, cool you understand that...thats durand scott and miami...stephenson is the chick who is playing you...yeah kob lets go out...I could rock your world, kob buy me something nice, kob do my homework for me, do all this for me kob and you'll be the king...then you ask her out and she tells you to go f yourself...thats lance and st johns

kob24

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 10:24:07 PM »
Because he has been teasing us all along...two hot chicks...one chick doesn't notice you, you ask her out, she says thanks but no thanks but I got a boyfriend, cool you understand that...thats durand scott and miami...stephenson is the chick who is playing you...yeah kob lets go out...I could rock your world, kob buy me something nice, kob do my homework for me, do all this for me kob and you'll be the king...then you ask her out and she tells you to go f yourself...thats lance and st johns
so what then i hate on her and say she got herpes and sifilis and everything. just because i wasnt smart enough to get a commitment before i did anything?

kob24

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 10:38:15 PM »
ps rahad lewis sucks. the most overpaid player in nba history right next to juwaun howard.

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 10:49:02 PM »
if lance had chosen st john's...or if he changes his mind and chooses st john's...the love affair would/will be more torrid than angelina jolie and billy bob thornton back in the day.

he knew all along norm is the homer simpson of coaches...he never should have mentioned st john's.

he's laughing at us.  why are you surprised at the response?

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 11:17:24 PM »
KOB's talking about more than just the St. John's fans.  And Lance gets a bit of hate from the city - possibly because he's a media junkie, comes off like a primadonna, and isn't good enough to singlehandedly create players who can compete with him.  People get sick of hearing about the same dude over and over again, knowing that it might not be that he's so transcendental, but that the competition has left the city borders. 

That's just off the top, though, haven't really thought about Lance and his general reception around the city.

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 11:25:56 PM »
its not just the city either...he has become the posterchild for being a primadonna
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 11:55:12 PM »
ps rahad lewis sucks. the most overpaid player in nba history right next to juwaun howard.

im a magic fan so i might be biased and pissed off right now. lewis is over paid but he has been great so far this series and playoffs and dynamite in the tonight's game until the fourth quarter.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

kob24

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 01:21:17 AM »
How many times was jj open in the corner and he didn't pass it to him. He was killing me with his shot selection. Also with lance it isn't about st.johns fans it's about the media and other outlets

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 07:06:33 AM »
How many times was jj open in the corner and he didn't pass it to him. He was killing me with his shot selection. Also with lance it isn't about st.johns fans it's about the media and other outlets

i agree that he sucked in the fourth. but if your gonna get on someone its hedo and stan van for mixing up the game plan all of a sudden and stop doing what got them the lead. it happened so often through out the course of the year.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 11:33:15 AM »
And if I got charged everytime I grabbed a girls ass in High School and College I would've been in a court room for 10 years straight.

I hope you are joking.  Why would anyone ever grab someone's ass without them wanting it?  It's sexual assault.  Nothing funny or cute about it.

I had a friend that used to do that all the time in clubs...it's predatory. 

If you can't get laid in high school, you've got problems.

pmg911

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 12:49:55 PM »

I hope you are joking.  Why would anyone ever grab someone's ass without them wanting it?  It's sexual assault.  Nothing funny or cute about it.

Be careful when you step down off that soap box...

kob24

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 01:41:30 PM »
I was a cake grabbed in highschool myself. But the girls thought i was handsome so I got a pass maybe she didn't find lance attractive so she flipped on him

« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 01:43:24 PM »
I was a cake grabbed in highschool myself. But the girls thought i was handsome so I got a pass maybe she didn't find lance attractive so she flipped on him

Alot of guys grabbing your ass in high school kob? ;)

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 01:55:52 PM »

your beautiful daughters will be in high school in no time.  let's see how you react if one of them is grabbed.  i suspect the perp will be spitting teeth.

pmg911

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 02:22:25 PM »

your beautiful daughters will be in high school in no time.  let's see how you react if one of them is grabbed.  i suspect the perp will be spitting teeth.

Why in the name of God would you mention anything to do with mny family..?

Tha Kid

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 03:07:36 PM »
if lance had chosen st john's...or if he changes his mind and chooses st john's...the love affair would/will be more torrid than angelina jolie and billy bob thornton back in the day.

he knew all along norm is the homer simpson of coaches...he never should have mentioned st john's.

he's laughing at us.  why are you surprised at the response?

If Norm had Homer Simpson's luck, we'd have made the NCAA tourney at least twice by now.

I think Norm is more like the Moleman of coaches...blind as a f'ing bat.
"I drink and I know things"

Tha Kid

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 03:09:12 PM »

Jumpinjohnny went to all boys school..."girls" were the younger boys...give him a break   ;D ;D ;D :o ;)

In all seriousness, I agree with you marillac.  In this day and age you can't be grabbin' girls without their permission - perhaps that flew 10-15 years ago and further but not anymore.

In my middle school 2 kids got suspended for grabbing a girl's butt in the hall --- then in high school a guy got suspended and was threatened with a Title IX suit for grabbing another guy's @$$ in the locker room...no joke...needless to say the kid who threatened Title IX for another guy grabbin his @$$ was ridiculed for years after...as was the grabber...
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 03:10:50 PM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"