In all honesty...

• 69 replies

kob24

Re: In all honesty...
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2009, 12:01:30 PM »
durand isnt gonna start at the point for miami. malcolm probaly will. durand has a better jump shot than omari and better at running the point. omari is better at attacking the basket and has a better handle.  both play defense very well but omari can guard a big for a few because he is physicaly bigger. remember when omari was in new york he was rated higher than durand. omari is a guard that u can post because when he was younger he was played as a center. durands flaw is gonna be he doesnt like to work out. and omari flaw is he thinks he is better than everybody including kobe. with the right coach u can channel that and get a great player. ive seen them play since 4th 5th grade. ive helped coach them since 7th. u can tke reports for what they say. but u have some one on here who knows 97% of the players in the tri state area and a person who sees about 85% of the top players in the country every year. and coaches against them. i would like to think that i have some kinda knowledge about these kids being that sadly im around them more than i am with my own family. but in the end who cares WE WON IS8 BABY and that guy in the brown jacket looks sexxy as hell.

boo3

« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2009, 12:10:34 PM »
  Nice work  KOB,   great picture.   why did you let the little guy in front steal your hat though? ;D

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2009, 12:11:53 PM »
could they make those trophies any bigger?

« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2009, 12:22:07 PM »
i'm telling you my opinion. i haven't seen omari all year. but i've seen scott in the biggest moments of his HS career and throughout the season. 

sometimes those closer to the player are more biased and don't show the most realistic look.
LMAO >:(....NOT!.     Ask my man D.Scott and anyone who has played against O or coached against him(now or then) what they think!? Those are the opinions that count!
Trust he will be a great addition to the team. It will be fun to watch this year. 8)
Same Shiznit....Different Year!

kob24

« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2009, 12:25:15 PM »
LOL cause that little guy pays the bills

« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2009, 12:33:15 PM »
i'm telling you my opinion. i haven't seen omari all year. but i've seen scott in the biggest moments of his HS career and throughout the season. 

sometimes those closer to the player are more biased and don't show the most realistic look.
LMAO >:(....NOT!.     Ask my man D.Scott and anyone who has played against O or coached against him(now or then) what they think!? Those are the opinions that count!
Trust he will be a great addition to the team. It will be fun to watch this year. 8)

Some fans cant see passed their hate for Norm, its so bad that it spreads to our players and recruits. I think some recruits look elsewhere because of whats posted and said constantly about our players and program by its own fans. We are our own worst enemy

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2009, 01:50:25 PM »
durand isnt gonna start at the point for miami. malcolm probaly will. durand has a better jump shot than omari and better at running the point. omari is better at attacking the basket and has a better handle.  both play defense very well but omari can guard a big for a few because he is physicaly bigger. remember when omari was in new york he was rated higher than durand. omari is a guard that u can post because when he was younger he was played as a center. durands flaw is gonna be he doesnt like to work out. and omari flaw is he thinks he is better than everybody including kobe. with the right coach u can channel that and get a great player. ive seen them play since 4th 5th grade. ive helped coach them since 7th. u can tke reports for what they say. but u have some one on here who knows 97% of the players in the tri state area and a person who sees about 85% of the top players in the country every year. and coaches against them. i would like to think that i have some kinda knowledge about these kids being that sadly im around them more than i am with my own family. but in the end who cares WE WON IS8 BABY and that guy in the brown jacket looks sexxy as hell.

there is nothing there i disagree with outside of the defense part. but i can see that going either way.  i don't see how it is wrong to say that scott would have been a better get then omari just because he plays the point better.  omari is with 4-5 wings, while scott would shine the hell out of boothe and stith.  the one other thing i like a lot about scott is he plays in the rhythm of the offense and is used to winning/playing with other great players.  there were games last year where i'd see omari just take some insane jump shots, both contested and not contested.  but like i have said, omari is a very good get for st john's and should have a nice four year career here.

it's fair to question if he will have an impact his freshman year because he's overcoming an injury and he's playing in the big east.  it's no slight, it's a fair question...

and marco, have fun trolling.

« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2009, 03:38:03 PM »
Talking about The NY Panthers Seniors win yesterday, did anyone see this on ESPN, pretty good topic. I  wish they had more time to get deeper into it.

http://www.truveo.com/otl-talkback-aau-vs-high-school-debate/id/1234174013
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 03:38:52 PM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2009, 03:51:16 PM »
didn't the ncaa make rules a few years back limiting the time coaches can go to HS games?

kob24

« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2009, 04:14:13 PM »
The NCAA needs to get real and young these old men are making billions off these kids