Sunday ruminations

• 7 replies
Sunday ruminations
« on: June 14, 2009, 06:07:11 PM »
Was at church for like 3 hrs this here mornin and preacher was goin at it like fire and brimstone was risin outta the streets.

Been goin to this new church fo a lil while and it aight - if y'all lookin to get scared into avoidin temptation stead of knowin the benefits of grace.

And that there is the problem.

Wag yo finger at me all y'all like. Im a straight up sinner. No doubt. But so is you preacher and we all is in this t'gether. So stead of castigatin like you high and mighty when you earn yo divinity degree online, why dont you start preachin the basic message that is universal: love yo neighbor like y'all love y'selves. Straight up simple. Straight up beautiful.

Made me think of some of the statements I made on this here bard a while back. Started to really get on some peeps associated wit the 'gram. It all harmless and whatnot. But I was venting my anger and that aint nuthin fo a righteous brother to do.

So I say unto y'all: Im gonna take this here St. John situation in stride. They is a lot mo to live fo. I think we see that wit a young man who lost sometin vital this year in teh upmost of tragedies. That right there transcend all this.

Same wit the love and compassion of our Lord. It is He who open our eyes to grace. It is He who reminds us that we oughta take the road less travel.

So lets temper our anger, our vitriole. And lets hope fo the best on the court and - most important - off of it.

Peace out!
Choz4Life

Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Re: Sunday ruminations
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 07:51:51 PM »
Peace to you brother.  I cant agree more.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 08:27:15 PM »
Amen!

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 01:07:46 PM »
Definately more important things in life, but we can still be critical of the program.

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 01:20:35 PM »
?

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 01:28:39 PM »

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 02:11:39 PM »
Definately more important things in life, but we can still be critical of the program.

No doubt.
Felt like I was punchin 'low the belt if y'all know what I mean. Thats why Im pullin back and thinkin of palm trees and paradise. Summer, after all.

-Choz4Life
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.