What would our record be if mase didn't get hurt?

• 9 replies

TONYD3

What would our record be if mase didn't get hurt?
« on: January 08, 2008, 11:25:20 PM »
Bucky what ever his name is (the guy doing the game) said in the first few minutes of the game that UCONN was 10-3 and  St. Johns would have a similiar record if MAse did not get hurt. Anyone think that is true?

Re: What would our record be if mase didn't get hurt?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 11:41:33 PM »
Its really a question that can't be answered. On paper you can say we should have won this or that with him but who knows? Perhaps Mase cut into the good games of DJ or took away from Larry and maybe wouldn't have out performed them in the same situation.

Personally I believe we would have been slightly more successful but you can't look back and say for sure we would have.

we can't dwell on this its only an excuse.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 08:49:45 AM »
Bucky what ever his name is (the guy doing the game) said in the first few minutes of the game that UCONN was 10-3 and  St. Johns would have a similiar record if MAse did not get hurt. Anyone think that is true?

1. Bucky Waters is atrocious...   just terrible to listen but he did call out MAson for playing soft last night...    hit the nail on the head there...

2. I think we would have won maybe one more game if he was 100%.. 

I am just not a fan of Mason's game and have said it for a while...

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 11:27:55 AM »
who knows, i think mase is more concerned about increasing his ave pts/game than contributing to a win. his play was awful last nite. geno was geno and tj was tj.......only positive was that we had a sense of urgency when we were down 19 pts in the first half.

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 01:18:15 AM »
who knows, i think mase is more concerned about increasing his ave pts/game than contributing to a win. his play was awful last nite. geno was geno and tj was tj.......only positive was that we had a sense of urgency when we were down 19 pts in the first half.

i really dont think its selfishness (at least not yet).  he sees the offense come to a screeching halt at times and he feels (sometimes correct) that he is the individual that is best suited at taking them out of that slump.  the softness is a whole different issue, he definitely avoids contact way too much.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 08:24:14 AM »

i really dont think its selfishness (at least not yet).  he sees the offense come to a screeching halt at times and he feels (sometimes correct) that he is the individual that is best suited at taking them out of that slump.  the softness is a whole different issue, he definitely avoids contact way too much.

Straight up truth right here.
Mase feel he got to do everytin sometime 'cept take it hard to the hole. Seems only Paris and DJ really do that.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

pmg911

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 11:54:31 AM »

Straight up truth right here.
Mase feel he got to do everytin sometime 'cept take it hard to the hole. Seems only Paris and DJ really do that.

Perfect example of how Mason plays soft..

Early in the UConn game he got the ball about 12 feet a-out and beat his man to the paint...    he had a chance to go up hard for a dunk and make a statement early...  and this is kid that jump....   he trys to lay it in soft and Robinson came from weak side and sent it 4 rows deep...   

He needs to hammer that ball home. .   if he goes up hard and fast no one from weak side would touch him and he makes a big play...

He definitely has talent but you can't teach a kid to play hard & tugh..  either he has it or he doesn't and this kid doesn't play tough...    he needs to play more like his old man..!!!

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 01:07:47 PM »
I dont see that 10-15 pounds of muscle some were talking about.  He plays timid.

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 01:54:59 PM »
10-15lb muscle i definitely see but he doesnt use his body well to position. mase always dribbles with his right on the few occassions he goes to the hole. he needs to establish some post up moves.

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 01:19:40 AM »
to answer the original question...what difference does it make...we still can't beat ordinary big east teams whether he's there or not.