DEPAUL POSTGAME

• 14 replies
DEPAUL POSTGAME
« on: January 12, 2008, 02:05:27 PM »
Well again we fail to come out of the gates ready to play nor was I surprised as I stated in the pre game thread which I posted very late last night so I'm sure most didn't get a chance to read. I thought both DJ and Paris both looked like they had tired eyes so who knows what they were up to last night.

No offensive game plan besides run half ass screens for Mason. We got killed on the defensive boards failing to boxout at crucial times.

The big thing that jumps out at me is Depaul went on 16-0 run and a 14-4 run in this game. HOW DO YOU LET THAT HAPPEN? It makes me sick at the lack of focus, discipline, and intensity this team has. The only time we start hustling our asses off is when there is 2 min left in the game and suddenly we're down 8-10 points then all of sudden we start playing like there is a fire under our ass.

This is a game we could have and should have won no problem.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

Re: DEPAUL POSTGAME
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 02:48:49 PM »
terrible terrible terrible....

order of blame:
1. Norm Roberts
2. Anthony Mason Jr.
3. TJ Jouslines

4. Eugene Lawrence

southernjohnny

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 03:48:46 PM »
 i think some of the guys have quit on Norm...and i dont blame them...Norm should resign at the end of the season...the only chance he has is to replace Casey, and another ass coach, with someone or two people that know the fundamentals of the game...

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 04:20:29 PM »
i think some of the guys have quit on Norm...and i dont blame them...Norm should resign at the end of the season...the only chance he has is to replace Casey, and another ass coach, with someone or two people that know the fundamentals of the game...

why casey?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 06:21:55 PM »
terrible terrible terrible....

order of blame:
1. Norm Roberts
2. Anthony Mason Jr.
3. TJ Jouslines

4. Eugene Lawrence

In my opinion, Norm should be 1, Geno 1A.  For the love of God, you're a senior.  Play like one.

Randomhero423

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 06:26:27 PM »
AMJR was 4-14. that's inexuseable..  and TJ was just absolutely HORRIBLE today.  2 rebounds in 25+ minutes?!??!?!?!

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 08:43:56 AM »
Fair enough. 

Let's agree on this.  Order of blame for those four:  1, 1A, 1B, 1C   ;D

Randomhero423

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 09:49:51 AM »
yes. exactly. let's hope we don't have to argue about the order of blame next game. lol

southernjohnny

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2008, 11:05:49 AM »

why casey?
you tell me what Casey brings to the table?? he has never shown anything to deserve being an ass coach in the big east...what we need is a coach to help Norm with offense...our offense is horrible...i would prefer to just fire the whole staff outside of Coach q..

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2008, 11:54:32 AM »

why casey?
you tell me what Casey brings to the table?? he has never shown anything to deserve being an ass coach in the big east...what we need is a coach to help Norm with offense...our offense is horrible...i would prefer to just fire the whole staff outside of Coach q..

Im still trying to figure out what you guys think Coach Q brings to the table?

pmg911

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 10:59:20 AM »

why casey?

Im still trying to figure out what you guys think Coach Q brings to the table?

The head recruiter can only ultimately do so much..   the coach has to close the deal... 

Its like the old saying. . "You can lead a horse to water...  but you can't make him drink"

Maybe the players just don't like the water Norm is offering...

Coach Q was/is an established recruiter...  he is the only assistant coach on staff who has actually accomplished anything at the Div I level...

kob24

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 07:06:36 PM »
why dosent larry take the last shots. this is #$%^ing mind boggling

Randomhero423

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 07:26:05 PM »
i'm just wondering kob.  do you sense the players doubting the coach and being just confused as you are?  since you are connected to the players, if anyone would know itd be you.  thanks

kob24

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 07:52:04 PM »
as far as the ones ive talked 2 they love and trust the coach. every1 talks about this teams talent. this teams talent is crazy. they should be in the middle of the big east. but them losing these games is ridiculous now.

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2008, 12:56:35 PM »
as far as the ones ive talked 2 they love and trust the coach. every1 talks about this teams talent. this teams talent is crazy. they should be in the middle of the big east. but them losing these games is ridiculous now.

as they say...love is blind