We need a new coach.

• 14 replies

Randomhero423

We need a new coach.
« on: January 12, 2008, 02:42:57 PM »
This game was mostly Norm Robert's fault.  This was just absolutely EMBARRASSING how outcoached he was.  I was at the game, and the season ticket holders were VERY frustarted and we were all looking for boothe to come back in/TJ taken out/thinking "why would he change the lineup after a 6-0 and 7-0 run but not change after a 13-0 run by depaul?

Norm is a joke. nice guy or not, he's a terrible coach and must be fired when the season is over.

Re: We need a new coach.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 04:12:01 PM »
Watched the game and said the same thing. Norm lost this game single handedly!!! HE HAS TO GO. We may not have any players next year if this buffoon keeps "coaching" here. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE A CHANGE FR HARRINGTON!!! This program is going down in flames!!!  :'(

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 06:17:35 PM »
I have to agree.  We were the more talented team today.  We lost b/c of our coach.  Geno should have been out of the game during the middle of that big run, not when the run had come to an end.  It was too late by that point.

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 07:35:35 PM »
Norm is a nice guy, brought some respect back to the program thank you for that, however the program is at a important time are we going to matter in the world of college hoops or be happy to just field a clean team and not care if keep losing. I f that is the case we should pull out of the big east and play in a local conf. I am begging the unversity to take a serious look at the state of the program and make the right move, Norm has to go, he is in way over his head.

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 09:42:01 PM »
the one issue that boggles me is NOT the fact that geno and tj turn the ball over and over and over and over and over and over, or mase never lets the game come to him, or the fact that our bigs have no foot work or post moves, or the dismal shooting, or the fact we play in a high school gymnasium as a d-1 school, or our 7-8 record, but the main fact that:

if our offense is working and we have an offensive rhythm with a significant run....why does norm sub players? if it aint broken, why fix it?

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 08:43:03 AM »
Damn straight.  We were down one and within the blink of an eye, we were up 7 (with Boooth, Wright, Mase, Burrell and someone else on the floor...I don't recall).

Next thing you know, Booth comes out and they go on their run. 

Logic does not dictate anything on this team, at least with regard to substitution patterns.  Boggles my mind and raises my blood pressure.

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 11:29:26 AM »
Erickthered is right on and genius. He must have a crystal ball. Norm is a good guy and so far runs a clean program. Yesterday's result (Depaul) was in part because of bad coaching. Anybody watching that game could see that the team runs better when Booth was in the game. St.John's has become an irrelvant program, it is sad.

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 09:49:18 PM »
I agree. I am a season ticket holder and have been very patient but yesterday's game defied logic with Norm. I wanted to bank my head against the wall during the game. I booed and yelled at Norm for the first time in a long time.
He does not have a feel for the flow of the game. Its almost as if he has a preset plan and sticks to it unless someone is in foul trouble. We should not have lost yesterday. Period. We have more talent than Depaul. The kids did a good job but Norm did not. This is the first time I am starting to think Norm should go.
PLAY THE KIDS FOR GOD'S SAKE NORM!!!!

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 10:43:59 AM »
as stupid as this sounds, part of me wouldn't mind not winning a single game for the remainder of the season if and only if it results in a new coaching change. but of course a coaching change is fantasyland..

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 11:16:48 AM »
as stupid as this sounds, part of me wouldn't mind not winning a single game for the remainder of the season if and only if it results in a new coaching change. but of course a coaching change is fantasyland..
The end doesn't justify the means. When I start rooting against young men wearing St. John's uniforms it's time for me to get another team to follow.

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2008, 12:06:49 PM »
The end doesn't justify the means. When I start rooting against young men wearing St. John's uniforms it's time for me to get another team to follow.

Right on Q, these "fans" are a f'in joke

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2008, 12:10:12 PM »

Right on Q, these "fans" are a f'in joke

i said i wouldn't mind losing...not rooting against them...either way its out of our hands...let the season playout and see if norm is still around....

Randomhero423

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2008, 02:41:36 PM »
i want to win every game we play.  but i also want norm roberts not our head coach next year.  if it is guaranteed if we lose the rst of the games this year, but we hire callapari.  then i'd pick lose.  but that's simply not a guarantee.

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2008, 03:41:49 PM »
i want to win every game we play.  but i also want norm roberts not our head coach next year.  if it is guaranteed if we lose the rst of the games this year, but we hire callapari.  then i'd pick lose.  but that's simply not a guarantee.

there is better odds in we loosing the rest of our games and norm gets fired than winning the rest of our games....just a thought.

Randomhero423

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2008, 06:38:52 PM »
but what are the odds of father harrington getting a major upgrade to the bball program?