ESPN full court question

• 17 replies
ESPN full court question
« on: November 06, 2009, 03:23:14 AM »
did anyone order espn full ct last year? if so, were all the televised STJ games available in the package?

Re: ESPN full court question
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 12:33:10 PM »
did anyone order espn full ct last year? if so, were all the televised STJ games available in the package?

Here's some information on this year's schedule from a blogger that's already looked at it.  Per him SJU will be on FC 13 times this year (that's all the BE games not on another ESPN network + Stony Brook, note all of these games are on SNY, MSG or MSG+ as well).  Combine that with 8 various ESPN network appearances (6 BE games - 1 WWL, 2 the deuce, 3 ESPNU) plus UGA and Duke on the Deuce.  That puts 21 games on TV for folks who live out of market (like me).  The non ESPN televised games are the non-conference games at CA (which you can watch on CSTV - if you don't get FC you can watch Stony Brook on SNY), the Holiday Fest (which you can watch on MSG) the Philly Classic games (NA) and St Bonnies. (NA)

For the full schedule follow this link:
http://rushthecourt.net/2009/11/03/espn-full-court-schedule-hope-you-like-craig-brackins-2/

If this is something you are interested in note that the full package right now is $104 I think, not $109 as shown on the link.  Price may go up in a couple weeks (right now is supposed early bird) then you usually get an offer for second half of the season starting Jan 10 or 15 or so for I think around $80.  You'd miss three games, Stony Brook, Providence and at Louisville if you only buy the second half or you can buy one of those games for $16 and still save a few rubles.  I seen in some places the 2nd half starts on Jan 10
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 12:42:54 PM by yankcranker »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 02:45:11 PM »
Yankcranker - I'm out of market as well, but I get the DirecTV package of sports.  So I only miss those CA games that are only televised on Stormtracker (is that what you mean by CSTV?)... too bad the Philly Classic game, the Bonnies, and the Brown and Fordham games are untelevised!  Unless they are through their schools' site...?

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 04:09:04 PM »
Yeah, CSTV all access is the site/stream behind Stormtracker, they're carrying the Fordham game and the Brown game as well, just not the games actually in Philly.  I'm FIOS out here in CA so only NY Sports station I get is yes and some MSG through Fox Sports Atlantic.

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 06:44:35 PM »
thanks yank, it comes down to $8/game whether you purchase a full or half season. folks. plus $10/mo for SAA games

Here's some information on this year's schedule from a blogger that's already looked at it.  Per him SJU will be on FC 13 times this year (that's all the BE games not on another ESPN network + Stony Brook, note all of these games are on SNY, MSG or MSG+ as well).  Combine that with 8 various ESPN network appearances (6 BE games - 1 WWL, 2 the deuce, 3 ESPNU) plus UGA and Duke on the Deuce.  That puts 21 games on TV for folks who live out of market (like me).  The non ESPN televised games are the non-conference games at CA (which you can watch on CSTV - if you don't get FC you can watch Stony Brook on SNY), the Holiday Fest (which you can watch on MSG) the Philly Classic games (NA) and St Bonnies. (NA)

http://rushthecourt.net/2009/11/03/espn-full-court-schedule-hope-you-like-craig-brackins-2/

If this is something you are interested in note that the full package right now is $104 I think, not $109 as shown on the link.  Price may go up in a couple weeks (right now is supposed early bird) then you usually get an offer for second half of the season starting Jan 10 or 15 or so for I think around $80.  You'd miss three games, Stony Brook, Providence and at Louisville if you only buy the second half or you can buy one of those games for $16 and still save a few rubles.  I seen in some places the 2nd half starts on Jan 10

ths

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 07:19:13 PM »
thanks yank, it comes down to $8/game whether you purchase a full or half season. folks. plus $10/mo for SAA games

ths

I don't know about others but I watched bits and pieces if not big chunks of a lot of other games with this service the past 5 years.  Come home from work and see what's on, though being on the West Coast it was usually just the end of the BE or ACC matchups I might be interested in. 

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 08:55:51 PM »
For those in the Mid Atlantic region most of the Big East full court games end up on the MASN channel.  I was able to see all but 1 or 2 games.  But there were a couple of games that were tape delayed too.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 11:44:57 AM »
I have espn360, is that the same as ESPNfullcourt?  Someone told me if I had espn360 to not waste money and get fullcourt.  does anyone know if thats true?

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2009, 02:29:56 PM »
I have espn360, is that the same as ESPNfullcourt?  Someone told me if I had espn360 to not waste money and get fullcourt.  does anyone know if thats true?

espn360 is not the same. fullct guarantees 13 STJ games in addition to the 8 games that are nationally televised. 360 is at the discretion of espn on which games they want to feed on the live stream, but you will not know in advance. if im wrong, someone correct me.

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 12:53:52 PM »

espn360 is not the same. fullct guarantees 13 STJ games in addition to the 8 games that are nationally televised. 360 is at the discretion of espn on which games they want to feed on the live stream, but you will not know in advance. if im wrong, someone correct me.

That is correct however I note that the first six games on the full court package are also being televised on 360.  Of course it's not the busy time of the year so it remains to be seen if this will continue later.

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 11:28:53 PM »

That is correct however I note that the first six games on the full court package are also being televised on 360.  Of course it's not the busy time of the year so it remains to be seen if this will continue later.
if that the case, why not just purchase 1/2 season starting jan 10th? you can save $24, plus im betting most of the SAA televised games will be on channelsurfing.net......

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 11:42:10 PM »

if that the case, why not just purchase 1/2 season starting jan 10th? you can save $24, plus im betting most of the SAA televised games will be on channelsurfing.net......

I haven't decidd what I'm going to do yet.   Can't DVR 360 though.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:42:35 PM by yankcranker »

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 12:47:18 AM »

i thought 360, as long as you watchit that day, it allows you to replay some previous games. anyway, we should prob see how they do against duke, sienna before we make taht investment  ;D

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2009, 01:10:28 PM »

Agreed, though I think I bought FC during the Kevin Clark year after Jarvis was fired (but before the Pitt incident).

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 11:45:53 PM »
For anyone in the Midatlantic region.  MASN sports network released their college basketball schedule and they have most of the full court games.  Only missing ESPNU and ESPN conference games.  Some of the games have delayed broadcast but it sure beats paying for full court.

Wed 12/2/09  11:00PM CBK: Big East/Stony Brook @ St. John's (DB)
Sun 1/3/10  5:30PM  CBK: Big East/Providence @ St. John's (L)
Sat 1/9/10  12:00PM CBK: Big East/St. John's @ Louisville (GOW-HD) (L)
Sun 1/17/10 2:00PM  CBK: Big East/DePaul @ St. John's (L)
Wed 1/20/10 7:00PM  CBK: Big East/St. John's @ Connecticut (L)
Tue 2/2/10  9:00PM  CBK: Big East/St. John's @ Rutgers (DB)
Sun 2/14/10 7:30PM  CBK: Big East/St. John's @ Notre Dame (L)
Wed 2/17/10 9:00PM  CBK: Big East/Seton Hall @ St. John's (DB)
Sat 2/20/10 12:00PM CBK: Big East/St. John's @ South Florida (GOW-HD) (L)
Wed 2/24/10 11:00PM CBK: Big East/Marquette @ St. John's (DB)
Sat 2/27/10 12:00PM CBK: Big East/Pittsburgh @ St. John's (L)
Tue 3/2/10  7:00PM  CBK: Big East/St. John's @ Syracuse (L)
Fri 3/5/10  8:30PM  CBK: Big East/St. John's @ DePaul   (L)
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 11:09:44 PM »
espn360 will have the SJU vs. STONYBROOK (subject to blackout) on Wed for those outside the NY area

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2009, 12:12:11 AM »
I have Dishnetwork and live in Texas but I get MSG, SNY, and ESPNU, so I don't need ESPN Fullcourt as all the Johnnie games come on. The problem is these channels are not in HD here - does anyone know if ESPN FC games are in HD? If so, I'll get it because games in this regular thing is just a poor experience to me.

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2009, 12:28:47 AM »
JM9023, you obviously don't know what rabbit ears are.  Who cares about HD as long as you can see the game.