Maven reporting we beat UVA

• 48 replies

Tha Kid

Maven reporting we beat UVA
« on: November 09, 2009, 12:54:44 PM »
According to Maven's reliable sources, we beat UVA, Brownlee was a beast, and Stith will turn out to be our lead guard.

All good news!
"I drink and I know things"

Poison

Re: Maven reporting we beat UVA
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 01:31:22 PM »
So it turns out Stith is good. Hmmm.

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 01:46:02 PM »
So it turns out Stith is good. Hmmm.

According to a good source of the newly converted Stepford Maven," Stith will probably become our lead guard". Taking away Malik Boothe's starting job however does not really require Stith to be all that good! ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 01:47:08 PM by we are sju »

kjd01067

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 02:07:45 PM »
Good news if it is true.  I am very interested to see Brownlee play.  I am intrigued to see where he plays on a very guard heavy team.  Hopefully Stith does have more talent than Boothe because Boothe is an offensive liability when he is on the court.  Defenders literally can pick him up at about the foul line because he is not a threat to hit the deep ball.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 02:08:50 PM »
Also we beat St. Francis. Hardy, Burrell, and Brownlee were the 3 guys I heard looked really good and did a lot of scoring.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 02:15:40 PM »
Excellent news!  My hopes are high this season.  Stith is a winner and if he can just give us 15-20 tough, turnover-limited minutes a game, we'll be a much better team than last year.

We are really going to need Brownlee to give us some bounce in the post.  Put-backs will be crucial to our success.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 02:16:45 PM »
Boothe hasn't been able to hit the 3, and neither has anyone else.

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 02:28:47 PM »
Excellent news!  My hopes are high this season.  Stith is a winner and if he can just give us 15-20 tough, turnover-limited minutes a game, we'll be a much better team than last year.

We are really going to need Brownlee to give us some bounce in the post.  Put-backs will be crucial to our success.

I'm hoping that Brownlee is a quicker more athletic version of Rob Thomas last season.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 02:35:33 PM »
A huge part of why we were so good back in the Artest-Postell days was our ability to keep offensive sets alive by rebounding the ball or putting back some chippies.  It's going to be very tough to keep a bunch of rested 6'6-6'8 guys off the glass if Mase is 100% and Brownlee is anywhere near as good as advertised.

We already know how hard DJ hits the glass.  At any time, we can have a SG and SF in the lineup of DJ, Paris, and/or Mase and that is a handful on the glass when you already have to account for Evans, Burrell or Brownlee. 

kjd01067

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 02:35:58 PM »

I'm hoping that Brownlee is a quicker more athletic version of Rob Thomas last season.

I was just going to say that Dave.  Do you guys think that Rob might be the odd man out if Brownlee shows he can play? Or do you think Rob and Brownlee will be rotated more in with the bigs and significantly cut down the minutes of Coker ?

Tha Kid

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 02:41:02 PM »

I was just going to say that Dave.  Do you guys think that Rob might be the odd man out if Brownlee shows he can play? Or do you think Rob and Brownlee will be rotated more in with the bigs and significantly cut down the minutes of Coker ?

Rob's in a tough spot.  Not quite big enough to be a C and not athletic enough to be a SF.  We've got Evans and Burrell and even Brownlee vying for the 4 spot and some 5.  I think Rob's minutes will certainly be cut if some of these other guys keep improving.  While sad, it's prob the right thing.  What could have been had he not blown his knee out in Taffner....

Poison

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 03:00:40 PM »
A huge part of why we were so good back in the Artest-Postell days was our ability to keep offensive sets alive by rebounding the ball or putting back some chippies.  It's going to be very tough to keep a bunch of rested 6'6-6'8 guys off the glass if Mase is 100% and Brownlee is anywhere near as good as advertised.

We already know how hard DJ hits the glass.  At any time, we can have a SG and SF in the lineup of DJ, Paris, and/or Mase and that is a handful on the glass when you already have to account for Evans, Burrell or Brownlee.

JB should watch some tape of Lavor Postell. They all should.

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 03:18:13 PM »

The only problem with this is Burrell is a lifetime 5.2 rebounder and Mase is at 5.1

pmg911

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 03:28:42 PM »

If Stith proves better than Booth, he should start and Booth can do what he should have been always doing. . be a back up.

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 03:30:24 PM »

If Stith proves better than Booth, he should start and Booth can do what he should have been always doing. . be a back up.

I agree, the best player should get the pt-no matter what position

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2009, 03:32:38 PM »

If Norm adhered to this policy Geno would have been backing up Flag Boy

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 03:34:08 PM »

Time for wasju to start living in the present. SOon you might run out of excuses to bash this team

Tha Kid

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 03:37:52 PM »
No one will be bashing if the team produces.  I don't think it's unfair for some of the posters here, including myself, who are somewhat on the negative side to not get our hopes up completely until we see some results.  I used to be an eternal optimist, now I'm somewhat of a realist.  If we can beat or even hang tight with Siena in Philly, that'll really show me something that I haven't seen in a while.

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 03:41:59 PM »

Time for wasju to start living in the present. SOon you might run out of excuses to bash this team

Um they sucked last year and are picked in the bottom half of the BE this year Cletus ;)
I think from now on these sites should only list the posts people make that actually make sense. If this was the case your combined posts on the two board would be 5

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 03:42:37 PM »
No one will be bashing if the team produces.  I don't think it's unfair for some of the posters here, including myself, who are somewhat on the negative side to not get our hopes up completely until we see some results.  I used to be an eternal optimist, now I'm somewhat of a realist.  If we can beat or even hang tight with Siena in Philly, that'll really show me something that I haven't seen in a while.

Ive been arguing our case against Siena for months on the MAAC board. I think we win this game, beating a top 25 team in some polls