Best Lineup?

• 14 replies
Best Lineup?
« on: November 29, 2009, 04:24:25 PM »
Ive only seeen 1 game(siena) but I loved the lineup of Stith,Hardy,DJ,Brownlee and Evans. This lineup ran and Siena into the ground

boo3

Re: Best Lineup?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 04:32:06 PM »
  To those that have seen the team.  Thoughts on Stith.  Is he better than Boothe?  Will he be better than Boothe? Will he be our starting PG at some point this year?

Also,  is anybody else concerned about what happens when Mason returns.  I know he's a decent player,  but i can see it becoming a chemistry issue. Who's minutes go away?  I know it may sound crazy. but i don't think him returning is a good thing.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 04:35:59 PM »
I think Stith has the potential to be better than Boothe this season. It's been pretty hard to defend Boothe with the way he has played offensively. I do think Stith provides a better spark/change up coming off the bench rather than starting.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 04:42:28 PM »
Stith seems to get more comfortable as the game went on and will get better each game. He gets up the court in a hurry

boo3

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 04:43:30 PM »
 Can he shoot?

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 07:43:17 PM »
An article in the paper said Boothe was sidelined with an abdominal strain. Those things can be a pain the ass if you don't take care of it. Stith will probably see more minutes v Stony Brook.

Agree about Mason, he's further behind even the new guys this year. Hope he goes in w/the right mindset. Omari's numbers have looked good too.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 09:01:19 PM »
I think it's still too soon to judge Stith, but he's certainly off to a very good start. I the area that needs the most work is his defense.

He can run the break-and that's important, because Boothe has trouble there.

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 11:12:29 PM »
An article in the paper said Boothe was sidelined with an abdominal strain. Those things can be a pain the ass if you don't take care of it. Stith will probably see more minutes v Stony Brook.

It was bad enough that at one point against Temple he was taken back to the locker to have it looked at while the game was still going.  Came back out and gutted it out down the stretch when he stayed on the whole time but was laboring and obviously in pain.

Stith was a very positive factory in both victories but has his ups and downs like most freshman  He's not the messiah yet.  We need both Malik I and II sharing the one for our best chance at victory.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 11:14:12 PM by carmineabbatiello »

matt6

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 03:21:39 AM »
Haven't seen a game either so I'm not sure wat the best linup would be..I'm thinking mayb having mase come off the bench would be best..he can play the 2 3 or 4 so it could work out.it will deffinetly be interesting to see how he fits in..I do know that he is a gunner though! I'm interested to see how that works out as well seeing that we have other scoring options now..

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 01:14:31 PM »
Can he shoot?

Better than Booth? I think so.
The phrase perfect storm refers to the a simultaneous occurrence of events which, taken individually, would be far less powerful than the result of their chance combination. Such occurrences are, by their very nature, rare, and so even a slight change in any one event contributing to a ‘perfect storm’ would be sufficient to lessen the overall power of the final event.

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 02:37:45 PM »
Can he shoot?

Better than Booth? I think so.

Seems more like a scorer than a shooter per se.

Can't recall him taking any jump shots but he did have some critical baskets going to the hole.

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 03:06:18 PM »
I think Stith is just a little wet behind the ears. Boothe is more seasoned but at the end of the day Stith will be the better talent. He's knocking at the door right now.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2009, 03:28:12 PM »
I am so looking forward to seeing the team play on Wednesday.

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2009, 03:30:21 PM »
I think Stith is just a little wet behind the ears. Boothe is more seasoned but at the end of the day Stith will be the better talent. He's knocking at the door right now.

When being pressed, Boothe tends to throw the ball backwards as opposed to attacking the press. THis is why Evans ends up bringing the ball up the court

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2009, 05:16:49 PM »
i havent seen stith play big minutes, but we need dj and paris on the court for big mins. hardy should be used for instant offense and to lead the second unit with his aggressiveness offensively. quincy deserves more mins bc of his defense. he is really good on both ends when his shot selection is smart.

it just seems like paris hasn't been on the floor for long enough stretches