The Butler Did It

• 9 replies
The Butler Did It
« on: January 17, 2008, 02:20:10 PM »
http://www.timesledger.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19207732&BRD=2676&PAG=461&dept_id=542414&rfi=6

Pretty good read and definitely a tough spot for Norm but this is the business
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

Re: The Butler Did It
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 02:30:32 PM »
damn i doubt norm read that but that was deep. i was kinda feeling it

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 02:33:13 PM »
he NAILED it. bravo, dylan butler, bravo.  hes absolutely right, norm claims that eugene lawrence is the leader of the team. but where exactly has geno LED them to? the cellar of the big east this year and most of the last 4 years. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Randomhero423

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 02:53:54 PM »
i agree 100% w/ this article.

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 03:30:37 PM »
I agree Bothe s/b getting 20+ min/game, (maybe even starting)
but until the last 2 games, the diff wasn't so extreme.

I agree Geno has regressed this year.

But in minor defense of Geno, I watched the Depaul game on TV,
and Geno fed Tomas J in the post, and 3 times their center poked the ball away for a steal.

All 3 to's were TJ's fault, but it appears all 3 TO's got charged to Geno since TJ wasnt charged w any.

I think Geno should start, Boothe should rotate in quickly, & Norm should keep in
whoever is playing better,(which would have gotten Boothe 25-30 min the last 2 games)
Molloy '71

kob24

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 03:44:37 PM »
geno shouldnt be passing the baal to tj when we are down. it dosent make any sense

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 04:03:44 PM »
Regardless of the recipient Geno's passes to guys posting up are batted away with montonous regularity. The reason is that he often telegraphs the bounce pass and delivers it late. His loft in is usually too soft and becomes a jump ball. This can and should be corrected.

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 04:19:15 PM »
Yea Geno's TO's were a bit misleading because Tomas should have come to the ball but then who do we fault? Geno for thowing the ball into the post from the top of the key(we all whine when he doesn't), throwing it Tomas(is that his fault because Tomas shouldn't have even been in the game), or do we say good denial defense on the Depaul for getting a hand in there and help defense because their wing picked up the ball. Its like an error in baseball if the guy hustles and tries to make a play on the ball but misses he is charged with an error(Geno) but the guy who doesn't come close to the ball no error isn't charged(Tomas).

I still believe Geno is our best option but isn't playing like it while Malik is playing well and deserves more minutes. I said at the beginning of this year less is more with Geno and he needs to focus on his role and not out do himself. He is suffering from Stephonitis.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 01:43:59 PM »
I don't think this deserves a new topic but since Butler was already in the title lol, Cedric Jackson led Cleveland State to an upset over #12 Butler. I was disappointed that he left from the very beginning and this just makes it worse. If Q. Calhoun finds a way to take down Memphis next year I might cry lol. Please please go away Norm. As pathetic as it is watching us lose game after game it doesn't eat at me the way it normally does because I don't see how they can justify keeping him around after all of this. (Yet I'm sure they will...)

mkras99

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 01:46:23 PM »
I don't think this deserves a new topic but since Butler was already in the title lol, Cedric Jackson led Cleveland State to an upset over #12 Butler. I was disappointed that he left from the very beginning and this just makes it worse. If Q. Calhoun finds a way to take down Memphis next year I might cry lol. Please please go away Norm. As pathetic as it is watching us lose game after game it doesn't eat at me the way it normally does because I don't see how they can justify keeping him around after all of this. (Yet I'm sure they will...)

Cedric had nine TOs during that game.  Would think that CSU won in spite of him, not b/c of him.