WV Game Thread

• 36 replies

Randomhero423

Re: WV Game Thread
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 08:45:17 PM »
that was a horrible call by the refs though.

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 08:45:23 PM »
Why they called a "hard" foul on Burrell is beyond me.

Why Geno is on passing the ball to the front row is beyond me.

Why I still bother getting upset...you guessed it....is beyond me.

Randomhero423

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008, 08:47:30 PM »
Why is TJ in the game? now THAT'S beyond me..

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2008, 08:48:05 PM »
Why they called a "hard" foul on Burrell is beyond me.

Why Geno is on passing the ball to the front row is beyond me.

Why I still bother getting upset...you guessed it....is beyond me.

It's gotten to the point where I don't even get upset anymore....  Yeah!  It's gotten that bad for me.

I'm watching the games, as if I'm watching two flies.....  You know should know the rest of it.

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2008, 08:50:06 PM »
I guarantee, if we ran some semblance of an offense (it also wouldn't hurt, if we had a good PG) that Larry Wright could avg. between 15-18ppg.

Randomhero423

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2008, 08:51:39 PM »
i love when announcers talk about lawrence.  as if he's some type of great player on a bad team...

wright can easily average 15 pts on this team if they set some screens for him..

Randomhero423

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2008, 08:54:03 PM »
oh great.

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2008, 08:55:31 PM »
I guarantee, if we ran some semblance of an offense (it also wouldn't hurt, if we had a good PG) that Larry Wright could avg. between 15-18ppg.

100% right.  You'd also see Burrell DOMINATE Big East play if our "point guard" gave him the ball in the low post as opposed to the top of the key.

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2008, 08:56:31 PM »
Horrible TV broadcast.  "I think Wright got the worst of that'.  No kidding!!!  He took the charge and nearly broke his back doing so. 

Randomhero423

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2008, 09:00:53 PM »
the announcers are terrible.  "that was not a dirty play".. ahhhh duh

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2008, 09:05:31 PM »

100% right.  You'd also see Burrell DOMINATE Big East play if our "point guard" gave him the ball in the low post as opposed to the top of the key.

Lawrence doesn't have a clue how to throw an entry pass nor does he know when to throw one, either....  Nevertheless, we barely run any screens (period) and it seems we never run screens to set players free for open shots.

I don't think we have the best talent in the conference, but there is sufficient talent on this team to win 9-10 conference games.....  Albeit, the majority of the team is young, but I think the conference is somewhat down and we're not able to take advantage of it due to Roberts gameplan or lack of.

The talent is there, but Roberts isn't up to task.

Randomhero423

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2008, 09:06:03 PM »
mason jr sucks.

Randomhero423

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2008, 09:07:14 PM »
wtf was lawrence thinking?

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2008, 09:10:24 PM »
mason jr sucks.

LOL  I don't think he necessarily sucks, but he isn't that good!  We'll continue to play poor-to-mediocre 'til something is done about the head man.

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2008, 09:10:50 PM »
That jump into trouble and turn the ball over by Geno may be Boothe's season green light.  It took Geno getting hurt for Norm to do it.  I see this as a positive, if not for this season then definitely next.

P.S. - *Fire* Norm.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 09:12:23 PM by Conman18 »

Randomhero423

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2008, 09:13:33 PM »
mason jr sucks.

LOL  I don't think he necessarily sucks, but he isn't that good!  We'll continue to play poor-to-mediocre 'til something is done about the head man.

it's just frustrating about how he's been playing.  he's just been god awful and it isn't our freshman holding us back it's him, tj, lawrence and norm. 

watta play by boothe!

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2008, 09:13:55 PM »

Lawrence doesn't have a clue how to throw an entry pass nor does he know when to throw one, either....  Nevertheless, we barely run any screens (period) and it seems we never run screens to set players free for open shots.

I don't think we have the best talent in the conference, but there is sufficient talent on this team to win 9-10 conference games.....  Albeit, the majority of the team is young, but I think the conference is somewhat down and we're not able to take advantage of it due to Roberts gameplan or lack of.

The talent is there, but Roberts isn't up to task.

You and I are 100% on the same page.   I agree with you completely.