Mason will play on Saturday

• 28 replies
Mason will play on Saturday
« on: January 06, 2010, 02:02:46 PM »
From Brandon Tierney's twitter

BrandonTierney  able to confirm, anthony mason jr. will make his season debut sat @ louisville for st. john's

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Mason will play on Saturday
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 02:10:02 PM »
awesome.

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 02:14:44 PM »
Great news. Just in time, hes sorely needed

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 02:21:03 PM »

I agree he is needed. The fun part will be watching the substitution pattern. I am pretty sure Norm is trying to figure out how to play Mase, Hardy and Horne 13.3 minutes each. I am betting every three minutes he will sub one in for the other. Sort of like a line change in hockey except using on one guy.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 02:23:12 PM »

I agree he is needed. The fun part will be watching the substitution pattern. I am pretty sure Norm is trying to figure out how to play Mase, Hardy and Horne 13.3 minutes each. I am betting every three minutes he will sub one in for the other. Sort of like a line change in hockey except using on one guy.

Hornes gotta lose some minutes, hes brought nothing to the table lately. Wither way, I think we gotta go small with Burrell at the 5. MOve the ball up the court quickly and crash the boards. Probably aint happenning, but I can dream

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 02:28:32 PM »
great news, excited to see how he meshes with the team

Poison

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 02:36:58 PM »
I'm looking forward to seeing a new look Johnny that's been practicing really, really hard.

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2010, 02:47:48 PM »
Mason isn't going to come in and play a lot of minutes right off the bat. I'd expect him to log 6-8 min on Saturday.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2010, 02:48:33 PM »

Hornes gotta lose some minutes, hes brought nothing to the table lately. Wither way, I think we gotta go small with Burrell at the 5. MOve the ball up the court quickly and crash the boards. Probably aint happenning, but I can dream

I thought the same as you but we got smacked with a small lineup against Providence. That is where they went on a big run in the first half.

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 02:50:02 PM »

I thought the same as you but we got smacked with a small lineup against Providence. That is where they went on a big run in the first half.

I think a lack of effort and no Boothe had more to do with the loss than the lineup

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 02:52:15 PM »
I got to call you out Baldi. Earlier in the season you kept saying how we go on big runs without Boothe and now you're claiming our struggles on the fact he wasn't there.

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2010, 02:55:59 PM »
I got to call you out Baldi. Earlier in the season you kept saying how we go on big runs without Boothe and now you're claiming our struggles on the fact he wasn't there.

Ya well once I see Burrell bringing the ball up the court during a press, everything is out the window. Im not the only 1 who was killing Boothe

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2010, 03:03:12 PM »

Ya well once I see Burrell bringing the ball up the court during a press, everything is out the window. Im not the only 1 who was killing Boothe

Remember Dave-he knows more about basketball than anyone, even what he forgets is more than me! hahahahah

What does other people killing Boothe have to do with what Dave asked you?

Also-how about Chris Wright? He sucks doesn't he?

Numbers below.
PPG     RPG     APG     FG%     
14.8    3.2    3.5    .529

I wish we had a PG on our team with those numbers.

Keep on posting, it is very comical and gives me a good laugh at what a fool you are.

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2010, 03:10:02 PM »

Remember Dave-he knows more about basketball than anyone, even what he forgets is more than me! hahahahah

What does other people killing Boothe have to do with what Dave asked you?

Also-how about Chris Wright? He sucks doesn't he?

Numbers below.
PPG     RPG     APG     FG%     
14.8    3.2    3.5    .529

I wish we had a PG on our team with those numbers.

Keep on posting, it is very comical and gives me a good laugh at what a fool you are.

Youre obsession with me is comical. My little boytoy.

Also, your next post where you bring anything to the table or go out on a limb will be your first. Keep trying though

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2010, 03:10:20 PM »
Mason isn't going to come in and play a lot of minutes right off the bat. I'd expect him to log 6-8 min on Saturday.

My prediction:
18 minutes for Hardy
18 minutes for Horne
12 for Mason
32 Kennedy

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 03:13:20 PM »
go out on a limb

hahahahaha-what limb have you been going out on? Norm is a good coach and deserves to be here? That is not going out on a limb, that is just dumb. I am done with you jester. Time to go in the corner and put on your dunce hat.

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 03:16:21 PM »
go out on a limb

hahahahaha-what limb have you been going out on? Norm is a good coach and deserves to be here? That is not going out on a limb, that is just dumb. I am done with you jester. Time to go in the corner and put on your dunce hat.

Thanks, Good post.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2010, 03:49:37 PM »

My prediction:
18 minutes for Hardy
18 minutes for Horne
12 for Mason
32 Kennedy
Based on current results, that's a decent distribution - maybe fewer minutes for Horne and a few more for Hardy.

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2010, 04:44:14 PM »

My prediction:
18 minutes for Hardy
18 minutes for Horne
12 for Mason
32 Kennedy
Based on current results, that's a decent distribution - maybe fewer minutes for Horne and a few more for Hardy.

Kennedy,Hardy, Horne, Burrell, Brownlee, when healthy Mase should play the most minutes. Playing a Malik only takes minutes away from one of the above.
Again everyone raved about our depth when it is really at two positions and involves our best players.
If I was coach and I really should be here would be my rotation:
Burrell, Brownlee,DJ, Horne, Hardy start.
Coker, Evans, Mase, one Malik off the bench.
With our style of play, playing more than 9 is just stupid! Coker/Evans would play more against bigger teams and one of the crappy Malik's would play against pressing teams. Though for the life of me I have no idea why DJ wasn't utilized to help with the press????

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2010, 04:48:21 PM »
Unless Mason is going to diagram movement in offensive sets...force the guards to bring the ball up and keep the 4s and 5s far away from bringing the ball up...and teach the bigs how to box out, I don't see the relevance of Mason playing on Saturday or any other day.