Game Watch Party w/ Alum Assoc

• 4 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Game Watch Party w/ Alum Assoc
« on: February 02, 2010, 11:22:43 AM »
Anyone going to that game watch party in LI?

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/012510aaa.html

I'd love to see Felipe mutter "geez, we were better than THAT." 

Poison

Re: Game Watch Party w/ Alum Assoc
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 11:48:43 AM »
Felipe had a strong senior year, but until then his game resembled Paris Horne's.

boo3

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 12:21:59 PM »
Felipe had a strong senior year, but until then his game resembled Paris Horne's.

I would agree with that to a degree.  Felipe had some great moments though. Freshman year at the dome he went off for like 35.   There was a game at the garden his sophomore year where he and Iverson went at it. Felipe had like 25pts 8rb and 8ass.  Iverson scored like 40 but we won.    Never rooted harder for a kid at StJ more than Felipe. 

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 01:41:15 PM »
but until then his game resembled Paris Horne's.

That's a bad thing?

Poison

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 02:12:33 PM »

I would agree with that to a degree.  Felipe had some great moments though. Freshman year at the dome he went off for like 35.   There was a game at the garden his sophomore year where he and Iverson went at it. Felipe had like 25pts 8rb and 8ass.  Iverson scored like 40 but we won.    Never rooted harder for a kid at StJ more than Felipe.

That game in Dome was a basketball clinic.

It showed the difference between street ball, and team basketball.

Lopez would score on Moten, or shoot and miss, and then Moten would bring it up, and find Hill or Wallace for an easy basket.

Syracuse, overall, was less talented than SJU that year, but we had ball hogs, and jealous types all over that caused a team that should have made the Sweet Sixteen to implode.