JJ's Shooting Contest at MSG

• 15 replies

Tha Kid

JJ's Shooting Contest at MSG
« on: January 24, 2008, 04:04:53 PM »
I'm shocked no one has brought this up yet --- sorry Dave but I couldn't let it go on any further.  During one of the timeouts, JJ was one of the two shooters in a contest to win a $100 aeropostale gift certificate!  JJ did pretty well, hitting his layup on the first try, and the free throw on 2nd or 3rd...but let's just say Paris Horne would destroy you in a three point contest, JJ  ;)

All joking aside, Ive played JJ in intramurals and he's a good solid player that puts forth max effort at all times...and I know from experience from playing at Cameron Indoor while at Duke, that your first few shots in a big arena with the stands totally empty behind the glass messes up your depth perception some!

Good job JJ!
"I drink and I know things"

Re: JJ's Shooting Contest at MSG
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 04:26:44 PM »
i think you just wanted to have an excuse to tell people that youve played on coach k court
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

kob24

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 04:28:36 PM »
what? whos side was u on st. johns or pitts

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 07:21:09 PM »
kob you met me last week and you forget me already. I was on the Pitt bench side. I opted to shoot nba range threes because I wanted the glory, it back fired. My one three was on the money but rimed in and out. I was surprised about the lights on the court they were a bit blinding when I first walked out there as you are truly in the spotlight it was cool though. Wish I could have won it though...
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 07:25:54 PM »
also i was shocked no one made mention of this too.... I was hoping for some ridicule

kob24

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 08:06:20 PM »
when did i meet u. u was at the get together and didnt chill with me?

Tha Kid

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 08:11:54 PM »
i think you just wanted to have an excuse to tell people that youve played on coach k court

nah I certainly wanted to just give JJ a hard time...but now that you mention it....my intramural team made the Freshman League championship and we got to play on Coach K court ---- it was pretty awesome.  Also snuck in there a few times and have a picture of me hanging on the room with the DUke banners in the background, it's pretty cool I must say...

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 11:53:23 PM »

i was there all night i introduced myself but we really didn't get a chance to talk

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 07:44:51 AM »

i was there all night i introduced myself but we really didn't get a chance to talk

Damn I wish I was at the game, I would have threw a beer bottle at you!  :)

kob24

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 08:10:20 AM »
you didnt introduce yourself as jj. you couldnt have. i  would have given you your props for the site. this is one of the best put together sites. true story. you doing a great job.

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 08:20:53 AM »
you didnt introduce yourself as jj. you couldnt have. i  would have given you your props for the site. this is one of the best put together sites. true story. you doing a great job.

I agree kob, great job JJ. Now go hit a 3 pointer

Tha Kid

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 08:49:59 AM »

guess who's gonna give JJ about 10 feet of room when he's near the 3 point line and I'm guardin' him in intramurals this season!!!   ;)

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 08:58:14 AM »

guess who's gonna give JJ about 10 feet of room when he's near the 3 point line and I'm guardin' him in intramurals this season!!!   ;)

Larry Wright?

Tha Kid

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 09:06:05 AM »

Larry Wright?

nah, our coach doesn't think he can handle intramural competition no matter how good a shooter he is.  we need guys that try hard.   ::) ::) ::) ::)

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 12:27:34 PM »

well i'm jungle man on beb so perhaps i confused.

kob24

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 03:29:50 PM »
nah u should have said jj or johnny jungle.