Final Record

• 15 replies
Final Record
« on: January 27, 2008, 02:15:24 AM »
The way I see it the best we wind up is 10-20, most likely 8-22. I don't know about everyone else but i find that totally unexceptable in year four of this staff. I'm sick and tired of saying it's gonna take time. It's one thing to be competitive and be in games and not outrageous to sneak a win or two out, but we are clearly outclassed on the sidelines every game. TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!! I'm tired of watching a program fall off the face of the hoops world, but i realize we have and i'm sadly starting too accept the fact. I'm done venting and i guess i'll torture myself for another 12 or 13 more games and think we'll be better next year in year 5 of this staff. With no recruits on the horizon, maybe we should make it a 8yr plan >:(

Re: Final Record
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 09:57:27 AM »
erik, i totally agree...norm is put in a difficult situation here with a young class in year 4, but the ring has to fall at the end of this year. sju cannot afford another year like this..its destroying the program.

kob24

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 10:05:28 AM »
so if u are norm do u sit geno and tomas and let the young ones finish the season. or do u let geno get higher on the assisst record. me personally im letting geno get the record.ive changeed my whole approach

kjd01067

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 10:30:57 AM »
so if u are norm do u sit geno and tomas and let the young ones finish the season. or do u let geno get higher on the assisst record. me personally im letting geno get the record.ive changeed my whole approach

I dont know, I think Geno shouldnt see the court for the rest of this year.  Forget records and being nice the only chance Norm has for staying is showing the adminstration how good next years team will be.  Personally Im greatful geno has played hard for 4 years but sorry kid its time to prepare for the future, malik needs the  reps.  That being said though this move could cause some problems in the locker room.

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 01:18:54 PM »

I dont know, I think Geno shouldnt see the court for the rest of this year.  Forget records and being nice the only chance Norm has for staying is showing the adminstration how good next years team will be.  Personally Im greatful geno has played hard for 4 years but sorry kid its time to prepare for the future, malik needs the  reps.  That being said though this move could cause some problems in the locker room.

who knows, the way i look at it is that the team shouldve never been in this situation...catch 22 either way.

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 03:56:57 PM »
The only guy that would lose playing time is geno and that is fine with me, we put up with this futil offense for 3 1/2 years. I think i can count on one hand the # of set offensive plays this staff has run successfully over the last few years with geno, it's pass the ball around then take it one on one. TIRED OF THIS, TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!! at the pg and the staff.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 04:03:04 PM »
this is almost beating a dead horse with the pg and staff situation. I'm tired of talking about and tired of reading about it and I think this is perhaps why posting has slowed down a bit here. I'm not stopping anyone from talking about it, feel free but for me personally its just getting old and frustrating.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 04:12:56 PM »
this is almost beating a dead horse with the pg and staff situation. I'm tired of talking about and tired of reading about it and I think this is perhaps why posting has slowed down a bit here. I'm not stopping anyone from talking about it, feel free but for me personally its just getting old and frustrating.

JJ, i agree with you.   What do u expect everyone to talk about, incoming recruits, outlook for next year, how we are going to do in the BE tourney, or forgive me for even saying: our next opp. G-town.

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 04:15:41 PM »
Everything sucks all around I'll try and juice up some convo
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 07:07:28 PM »
If we don't voice our displeasure and show our utter disgust for the play we exhibited over the last few years, how can we expect the people in charge of the program get the hint. Obviously they don't understand 3/4 empty ca and 4000 at the garden, so i'm sorry that i and the few of on "these" sites are fed up with the state of the proogram, but lets talk about the class coming in and lets keep talking about the Artest and even the mullin days, non of witch helps the situation. Sorry but i'm a little pissed off right now at the situation we're in.

Randomhero423

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 07:09:11 PM »
father harrington doesn't seem to be too thrilled with norm either. 

it's always fun for me to watch college bball and look at NYK prospects.

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 07:19:14 PM »
Well i hope your right on that random, afterall i don't know or see him much.

Randomhero423

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 07:27:51 PM »

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 07:39:52 PM »
Thank you for the link, at least someone out there still cares about our program. I'll be starting my letter asap with full intentions of not renewing my season tix and unfortunatley reducing by a substantial amount my donation to the university and will not increase it till a change is made.

pmg911

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 11:16:40 AM »
The title of this thread was final record...

I think we will win once more the rest of the season, at Rutgers, and that is it... 

8 - 22...   

this has been, to date, the worst performace EVER by an SJU team that I can remember...

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 04:36:31 PM »
This will be the most productive post I have contributed to for all those that want change:

monaschc@stjohns.edu