Not knowing who the new coach will be...

• 43 replies

Tha Kid

Not knowing who the new coach will be...
« on: March 11, 2010, 11:00:38 AM »
I think 5-8 assuming we don't totally drop the ball on this one...I don't think we will either.
"I drink and I know things"

xhoops

Re: Not knowing who the new coach will be...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 11:42:47 AM »
I think 5-8 assuming we don't totally drop the ball on this one...I don't think we will either.
It would be exciting to see what a disciplined offense  could do with the players. Love to watch good passing and sharing the ball teams.  Got to get away from chuckers and one on one wild drive-ins with no laying off of the ball. Play as a team. WOW...

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 01:25:57 PM »
Tough call.  Nova loses Reynolds, but has a host of youngsters ready to step up and Corey Fisher still lurking.

Cuse will lose Onuaku, Rautins (biggest loss IMO) and Wes Johnson, but they have Joseph ready to take over and be a flatout star.

Marquette will take a dive after losing Hayward.

Seton Hall will be better when they get rid of Nunu and let Theodore run the show.

ND will be better.  USF will slide without Jones.  WV will be hurting by losing Butler and Ebanks.  G'town loses Monroe.  Pitt returns its core.  Uconn will be terrible.

I see us behind:

Pitt, Nova, and maybe Cuse.  That is really it.  Five seniors and a very good coach should put us 4-6. 

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 01:45:59 PM »
I see the team behind Nova, Cuse, West Virginia (the Kilicli kid just needs to learn a semblance of what Huggins calls defense and he will be Onuaku'ing opponents). Louisville will be better because they don't have Edgar Sosa (but it would help if Samuels came back). Cincy has a real chance to be at the top of the league - hella talent and they won't be trying to make Deonta Vaughn into a point guard, and they'll have a place to play Lance (though he needs to improve his motor). 

Notre Dame will be better as well.

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 02:17:43 PM »
Pitt, Nova, and maybe Cuse.  That is really it.  Five seniors and a very good coach should put us 4-6.

Ahhh - "Hope springs eternal"

Marillac

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 03:49:06 PM »
Other than MAYBE Pitt, I don't think there is a single team that we couldn't be better than next year with a great coach.  I'm not at all saying we win, because teams find a way to step up in this conference.  But there really isn't a team that I could see being immune from falling into the middle of the pack.

G'town, Pitt, Nova, and Cuse should be NCAA teams and SH and WV will be close.  WV loses three starters.  I don't think they'll be that great. 

Poison

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 03:56:04 PM »
Team needs a go to guy. They have two guys in DJ and Burrell, who could have strong senior years, but the team lacks a Wes Johnson, a Scottie Reynolds type.

The new coach can start with the remaining top 50 recruits, and bring one of them here for next year. Not sure who isn't playing on the team next year, but after a new coach comes in, there is usually a transfer, or two.

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 03:57:05 PM »
Other than MAYBE Pitt, I don't think there is a single team that we couldn't be better than next year with a great coach.  I'm not at all saying we win, because teams find a way to step up in this conference.  But there really isn't a team that I could see being immune from falling into the middle of the pack.

G'town, Pitt, Nova, and Cuse should be NCAA teams and SH and WV will be close.  WV loses three starters.  I don't think they'll be that great.

We said this last year

boo3

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 03:57:40 PM »

We said this last year

exactly

Tha Kid

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 03:58:05 PM »

We said this last year

And this year Norm was our coach.  Next year he won't be.  = BIG difference

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 03:59:11 PM »

We said this last year

And this year Norm was our coach.  Next year he won't be.  = BIG difference

OK, and theyll still be Hall of Fame coaches in the Big East reloading.

Tha Kid

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 03:59:29 PM »

We said this last year

Baldi - you were one of those who thought St Johns could be top half BE this year.  Obviously you along with many were wrong.  Are you saying that now FINALLY you are convinced the players aren't good enough, or do you just think someone other than Norm can't do as well as he could?

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 04:05:38 PM »

We said this last year

Baldi - you were one of those who thought St Johns could be top half BE this year.  Obviously you along with many were wrong.  Are you saying that now FINALLY you are convinced the players aren't good enough, or do you just think someone other than Norm can't do as well as he could?

You can stop putting words in my mouth at anytime now. We have 0 pros on the roster and probably the 1 with the most potential opening up his recruitment. We cant score. As a matter of fact, im suprised Norm won this many games.

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 04:07:51 PM »
I think we have enough talent on this roster to have been in the top half of the BE this year. We were 3 points away from showing that in the tourney this week. We also beat Cincy and Louisville. We had a lead on a number of the top teams in the conference but we didn't have the coaching to put us over the top.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 04:09:41 PM »
You can stop putting words in my mouth at anytime now. We have 0 pros on the roster and probably the 1 with the most potential opening up his recruitment. We cant score. As a matter of fact, im suprised Norm won this many games.

A coach who comes in with a thorough and well-devised plan can maximize the talent on this team and make it a better product than what's currently perceived.

Hopefully, the next coach can bring in a legit, point guard and a decent big man and we can go from there.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 04:13:20 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 04:12:07 PM »
So you guys are saying Norm did a good recruiting job?

Tha Kid

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 04:16:04 PM »

We said this last year

So you're saying you never said this team would win enough games to be top half Big East?

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 04:17:45 PM »
So you guys are saying Norm did a good recruiting job?

Have you figured what your new shtick will be once we get a new coach? New guy will have a nice honeymoon period where everyone will love him. You going to go the other way and criticize evrything he does ;)

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 04:21:19 PM »

We said this last year

So you're saying you never said this team would win enough games to be top half Big East?

Yup I said that, right before I said I thought it would be a down year in the Big East. For that I was wrong

Foad

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 04:24:09 PM »
Other than MAYBE Pitt, I don't think there is a single team that we couldn't be better than next year with a great coach.

You are the most mercurial poster evah.