I hate this season....

• 59 replies
Re: I hate this season....
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2008, 07:40:26 AM »
I love this season because next season cant be any worse

kob24

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2008, 08:17:34 AM »
i hate this season because we lost to schools like tulane,maimi,ohio,virginia tech and worst of all niagra a damn nec school

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2008, 08:26:37 AM »
i hate this season because we lost to schools like tulane,maimi,ohio,virginia tech and worst of all niagra a damn nec school

Niagara is in the MAAC Conference and SJU is still scared to schedule IONA

kob24

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2008, 08:27:46 AM »

that makes it worse for me

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2008, 08:29:12 AM »

that makes it worse for me

MAAC is by far a better conference than the NEC

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2008, 08:57:44 AM »
i hate this season because we are 7-11.

kob24

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 09:10:43 AM »
i hate this season because we still have to play marquette,duke, and nova and those games can get real ugly

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2008, 09:24:54 AM »
i hate this season because we still have to play marquette,duke, and nova and those games can get real ugly

I think we can beat Nova

kob24

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2008, 12:18:59 PM »
ummm u have seen their guards right? they will be diving in our guards like  Jacques Cousteau dives for treasure

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2008, 12:48:58 PM »
i hate this season because marco baldi is the worst at the hate thread
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2008, 02:21:55 PM »
I hate this season because a month after I said here that I had never missed a game (which was a true statement) I couldn't find any good reason to rush out of class ending at 6 to take a bus and a subway to watch us get our ass kicked and I hate this season even more for knowing that I won't be there on Wednesday either. I hate this season because I was in Sports Management class last Thursday and the professor brought up his surprise that the fans (and he said students too although idk if that's true since I didn't bother to watch either) were getting on Norm and his confidence that Norm wouldn't be fired. I hate that when he said that all the color probably went out of my face because of my disbelief that even this administration that doesn't give a crap about basketball could keep this loser around. I hate that I was reading a college ball-blog post about the Big East and how interesting this season was last week and how parity had struck because everyone was in the race except us and Rutgers. I hate that in the week since I read that Rutgers has upset Nova and Pitt and now we are the one biggest loser in all the Big East. I hate the fact that none of this surprises me. And most of all, I hate Norm Roberts.

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2008, 02:30:48 PM »
I don't think you hate Norm Roberts. Perhaps you hate Norm Roberts as our coach but lets not personally attack the man.

Also where have you been nyreign man?

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2008, 03:43:34 PM »
alright good point Norm is a good guy but a terrible coach lol who should not have this job

and to answer your other question, I've been too sad about this team to think about them past the games lol.

Does everyone know in the Garden how the Gate ## signs are purple for Gates 60-67 and teal for Gates 70-79 but Gate 66 has a grey sign? In 2002, SJU lost in the opener of the Holiday Festival to Manhattan. The sign was purple then. Leaving the Garden that night, upset with the rest of the team not showing up when Hatten had an off night I smashed a rolled up program into that sign and dented it. The next time I was there there was a new sign lol. The next time was the next day to watch us lose again to UNC. But back then I was angry when we lost. Now I'm just resigned and disappointed.

I also hate that I ran into half the team on campus Wednesday night after the game and saw them all laughing about something and that this pissed me off to no end. I know its irrational to think that they should walk around with their heads down after a loss, but it made me sad to realize I do but the team doesn't. I don't begrudge them that and I'm actually happy that they don't get upset as I do because I overreact terribly lol.

I'm sorry for saying I hate Norm, though that is a representation of my overreeactions. He, again, does seem like a good guy so I will revise that last statement. This one may be worse lol. I hate knowing that my teacher from my other post is right because while I'm going to classes I see everyone from the team lol. Many generations of my family have gone to SJU and no one until me has seen players in class as often as I have this year. And while I am happy that there is finally some focus on that, I hate that it will probably save Norm's job as we not continue to spiral into irrelevance but continue to fail to climb out of the depths we've fallen into.

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2008, 03:56:16 PM »
I hate how besides everything mention, how a future star's most important feature on this team is to keep a bench warm for some talent that will never develop and while our fans see this, our leader does not

kob24

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2008, 05:39:34 PM »
i hate carenesseca arena. that aint even a arena thats a gym a arena has a titantron. and real food and beer.

Tha Kid

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2008, 05:47:28 PM »
i hate carenesseca arena. that aint even a arena thats a gym a arena has a titantron. and real food and beer.

I'm pretty sure that the only NCAA games that are allowed to serve beer are those held in NBA arenas --- which benefits only a few schools like St. John's and georgetown!   Beer at 7 games a season is one BENEFIT St. John's has!  ;D

I agree CA is no arena though - it sucks!  It looks like it came striaght out of the movie Hoosiers and some of those high shcool gyms...
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2008, 05:59:55 PM »
I believe you can get beer at the carrier dome

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2008, 06:00:35 PM »
you can also get beer at the dunkin center in providence too....pc also has a bar on campus

kob24

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2008, 06:03:42 PM »
i hate the music they play during warmups. how can the players get hyped to those old ass songs

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2008, 06:23:43 PM »
i hate the music they play during warmups. how can the players get hyped to those old ass songs

whoa I hope you're not referring to welcome to the jungle