Hewitt Declines Contract...uh oh

• 42 replies

boo3

Re: Hewitt Declines Contract...uh oh
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2010, 10:58:47 PM »
francesa said on the show today he would think about his list tonight for the st johns opening and give it tomorrow on his show...im assuming it will be guys he think might take the job and guys he think would be a good fit...today he kept saying how beilein would be his top choice right now

He loved Howland to.  He'll probably mention Stevens after watching Butler tonight, along with every other fan.

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2010, 07:48:23 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/26/sports/ncaabasketball/26storm.html?ref=sports

The decision by Hewitt, a favorite among New York area youth coaches, came as a surprise. Gary Charles, a prominent figure in Amateur Athletic Union basketball circles, said Hewitt told him on Sunday that his three daughters did not want to be uprooted from Atlanta.

“I just said, ‘Uh oh,’ when I heard that,” Charles said in a telephone interview. “I don’t know where I’d go next. I can’t even finish my pudding now.”

Charles, who is known for wearing fedoras in gyms and playgrounds across the city, said the blue one he had on Thursday was appropriate for the mood after Hewitt’s decision.

“People are just scratching their heads now,” Charles said. “I just can’t believe that Fordham has a coach and St. John’s does not. Who would have thought that?”

« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 07:49:05 AM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2010, 05:40:38 PM »
http://blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/2010/11/16/tech-loses-to-ksu-the-wizard-of-techwood-dazzles-us-again/

If Paul Hewitt isn’t the worst basketball coach in the country, it’s only because ours is a mighty big country. And now, having said that, I ask: At this late date, who needs convincing?

There are no real Hewitt defenders. There are a few excuse-makers, but nobody seriously believes this is a first-tier coach anymore.