Who now?

• 95 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Who now?
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 04:40:04 PM »
I'd take that verdict.  Dude's getting the NY talent, and he's had a damned year.  He'll be fine.

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 04:41:46 PM »
Why would Sean Miller leave Arizona for St. John's??
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2010, 04:52:17 PM »
because we're closer to Pittsburgh
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2010, 04:56:44 PM »
There are big names in mid majors! It's win win. McCaffrey!

Look at Sean Miller.

The jury is still out on Miller.

what jury? He killled it at Xavier and he has a really nice young team out in Zona right now with more bodies on the way.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2010, 04:58:46 PM »
Dayton looked really good last night. What about Gregory?

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 06:16:31 PM »

Look at Sean Miller.

The jury is still out on Miller.

what jury? He killled it at Xavier and he has a really nice young team out in Zona right now with more bodies on the way.

As far as his performance in a power conference. Success at Xavier is not success at Arizona.
@NYsportsfan2222

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 07:08:53 PM »

Look at Sean Miller.

Sean Miller would be a good look. Forgot about him.

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 07:10:54 PM »
I'm told though through NYC hs and AAU coaches that Donahue "would not resonate in the five burroughs"
Rothstein

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 07:18:52 PM »
I'm told though through NYC hs and AAU coaches that Donahue "would not resonate in the five burroughs"
Rothstein

After the way NYC HS and AAU coaches have treated STJ the last 10 years...they don't resonate with me.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 07:19:15 PM »
Why do we want ACC bottom dwellers?

I'd stay clear of Donahue because its a completely different brand of basketball recruiting up against the big boys.

I'd turn to McCaffrey, Capel, Willard in that order.

I'm not sold on Greenberg, either.  Of course, he'll be an upgrade of what we've been witnessing over the past six seasons, but that ain't saying much.

Speaking, of Donahue....  I still believe some people are selling him short.  JTIII was able to come to Georgetown and resurrect the program.  Quite frankly, his dad and Esh had ran the program in the ground.

I bet Donahue comes in and wins a season from now and the program has more appeal to it for recruits.  It's all about winning and you have to win, first and foremost.  Donahue can bring in an assistant who is familiar with the metro area scene and go from there.

I have no problem with Donahue.  Is he my first, second, third or fourth choice?  Nope.  But, I think he'll do well here.

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 07:20:29 PM »
Dayton looked really good last night. What about Gregory?

He's another guy whom I would like to bring in for an interview.  I've been mentioning his name since the beginning of the season.

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 07:32:47 PM »
im sorry but what is all this speculating going to do for you..its just going to drive you crazy when it doesnt happen aka billy donovan, paul hewitt, rick pitino

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010, 08:04:42 PM »
im sorry but what is all this speculating going to do for you..its just going to drive you crazy when it doesnt happen aka billy donovan, paul hewitt, rick pitino

It's a message board....  What else are we suppose to do?  LOL  Honestly, the only way I'll be driven crazy if the administration hire someone like Amaker.

I know we're not gonna go after a Howland, Stevens or Gregory.  But, I hope Monasch get his head out of the sand and go after those guys.  He needs to stop getting caught up with coaches with city ties. 

I know you have to play the game with those guys, but damn those guys when it comes to searching for a quality coach.  Once, we start winning the kids will come anyhow.  He needs to broaden his horizon (search).  Shallow thinking, such as that, will come back and bite us in the arse.  It also narrows your search.

Maybe, Monasch needs several e-mails sent to him on coaching criteria and who he should start contacting for interviews.  The wallet is open....  Now, open up your mind.

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2010, 08:08:09 PM »

It's a message board....  What else are we suppose to do?  LOL  Honestly, the only way I'll be driven crazy if the administration hire someone like Amaker.

I know we're not gonna go after a Howland, Stevens or Gregory.  But, I hope Monasch get his head out of the sand and go after those guys.  He needs to stop getting caught up with coaches with city ties. 

I know you have to play the game with those guys, but damn those guys when it comes to searching for a quality coach.  Once, we start winning the kids will come anyhow.  He needs to broaden his horizon (search).  Shallow thinking, such as that, will come back and bite us in the arse.  It also narrows your search.

Maybe, Monasch needs several e-mails sent to him on coaching criteria and who he should start contacting for interviews.  The wallet is open....  Now, open up your mind.

being a part of a message board doesn't necessarily mean you have to speculate..you could state your opinion which is what mainly goes on here but the speculating is pointless in my opinion...i agree with you..it would be a plus to find city ties but it doesn't have to be the path for all candidates...if you could recruit nationally recruiting in NYC is just icing on the cake...

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2010, 10:35:53 PM »
AL Skinner mentioned by Mike Vaccaro.  Take that for what it's worth.

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2010, 10:41:01 PM »

I refuse to believe anything the tabloids report about this job anymore.  I am starting to wonder if they just read the forums and listen to WFAN to see names they like then hype them up in the paper as candidates.

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2010, 10:41:28 PM »
But that being said, I think Skinner is the most qualified man for the job.

boo3

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2010, 10:42:32 PM »
 The kid from Butler, Stevens, will be a great coach at a big school very soon.  it won't be us though.

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2010, 10:43:27 PM »

is that as a serious candidate or is he throwing names around?

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2010, 10:44:20 PM »
The kid from Butler, Stevens, will be a great coach at a big school very soon.  it won't be us though.

i would love for him to come here...smart guy..definately knows what he is doing