Memphis Fan's thoughts about Cal leaving for SJU

• 9 replies
Memphis Fan's thoughts about Cal leaving for SJU
« on: January 30, 2008, 02:38:10 PM »
Just found this. Pretty funny stuff ....

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=277171

Re: Memphis Fan's thoughts about Cal leaving for SJU
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 02:45:50 PM »
you have to log on for this can you just post it here?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 04:13:47 PM »
" RE: Cal's Gonna Leave!

How much you got? 4 million per season?

Do you know how many times we have heard this? Multiple times every season for every halfway decent open job -- and you guys don't even qualify for that designation. Enjoy the fantasy, but do it somewhere else."

That's just one comment.  Look, Red Storm fans have to be high if they think Cal is going to leave for this.

Also:

"he turned it down once so I see him turning the red storm down again...."

and

"I thought this was one of those old threads someone had resurrected from the first time there were false rumors about Cal going to St Johns. Do they already need another coach? thought they got the guy they REALLY wanted the last time, and Cal wasn't who they REALLY wanted anyway?"

and

and

"Right. Cal leaves Memphis to "take on a challege" at St.Johns.
It makes perfect sense. Leave a program where he will have won 100 games in the last three years to go to a no Chris Mullin/no Walter Berry St.Johns team.

Cal leaves Memphis where he has two 6'10 top 50 player forwards coming in for next year...and is probably going to add top 5 player Tyreke Evans to go to a no Chris Mullin/no Walter Berry St.Johns bottom of the Big East program.

Cal leaves Memphis where he has a shot at 5 of the top players in the extremely strong class of 2009 to go to a no Lou Carnesseca sweater/no Chris Mullin/no Walter Berry St.Johns cellar dweller in the Big East.

Cal leaves a 2.5 million dollar annuity that he collects in one more year to go where?

St.Johns???????

For the "challenge"?????"

plus:

"My sources tell me your sources are your a$$."

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 04:19:48 PM »
I hate to say this but the Memphis poster is right (even though he is insulting and rude). He created so much at Memphis and they are a good program. In order to land Cal, we need to create the mother of all contract offers which Harrington will never do so we are stuck with recruiting a mid-major coach who has had success at their level and bring them up here

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 04:33:12 PM »
those are multiple posters, sorry if i didn't make that clear!  (and i am NOT a memphis poster.  that school is crap.  but their athletics are good.)

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 04:57:12 PM »
I don't think he even seriously considered us last time.  No way he considers us now.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 09:11:11 AM »
Even if Cal were interested in coming to SJU, as long as Louie is still alive and exerting an influence, there is no way he will become St. John's coach. Louie hates him.

pmg911

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 09:14:52 AM »
Even if Cal were interested in coming to SJU, as long as Louie is still alive and exerting an influence, there is no way he will become St. John's coach. Louie hates him.

That is just not true...

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 09:22:58 AM »
calipari dream is pure fantasy...there is just no way....norm winning the rest of his games this year has better odds in happenin!

who's left in coaching?

winthrops head coach?
oral roberts head coach? dont even know their names, but i dont care.

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 01:33:11 PM »
if Lou didn't step in last time I really think we would have got Cal...I'm hoping Memphis loses in an early round and he gets frustrated and tries to come here instead lol but it's a pipe dream

oral roberts coach is sutton he would be high on my list
idk who winthrop's coach is but i think it was marshall pretty sure he left them last year for someone else though lol

lol I just realized though sutton wouldn't come here coming from such a great coaching family a real BCS job will open for him one day why would he want to come here? =[