as per Rothstein

Mike Lonergan

Steve Masiello

Richard Pitino

Norm Roberts

Also saw Q's named bounced around

Re: Iona job
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 11:58:42 PM »
I'd love to see norm get the job.  it would serve you right!!

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 11:59:12 PM »
Norm Roberts?   ;D

mkras99

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 12:01:57 AM »
Rothstein is a complete maroon, but Massiello will get the job imho.

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 12:05:44 AM »
I'd love to see norm get the job.  it would serve you right!!

Norm might land a job quick. The coaching dominoes are falling all over the area. Hofstra,Iona, possibly Manhattan and St Peters. He can take Iona to the dance next year

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 12:08:31 AM »

Maybe Tim Cluess get his shot

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 12:28:47 AM »
Ditto, but Steve isn't exactly the sharpest tack either.  ;)
The Lord probably intended for him to be a bouncer or a consultant on the Jersey Shore. Jabarie Hinds' family felt they were trying to, well, encourage him to sign early, with the thought that Steve was moving on after this season.

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 12:46:14 AM »
I want Cluess at Hofstra.  I actually think Norm would be good at an Iona or a Wagner.  Coaches love him enough that they would throw him those kids that are good MAAC level players.  I also think he would learn from some of his on-court coaching mistakes from the Big East.  I do think Norm could be successful at a lower conference.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 01:07:51 AM »
I want Cluess at Hofstra.  I actually think Norm would be good at an Iona or a Wagner.  Coaches love him enough that they would throw him those kids that are good MAAC level players.  I also think he would learn from some of his on-court coaching mistakes from the Big East.  I do think Norm could be successful at a lower conference.

Scott Adubato or Dan Hurley to Wagner. John Dunne to Hofstra

sjd8886

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 02:02:49 AM »

agree with you on all fronts...norms recruiting probably wouldnt take that big a hit at all...he just wouldnt be in the conversation at all for big time recruits...but i think you're right that coaches would still throw him the mid major talented players...and in a conference like that maac, theres a lot of room for improvement with a good class or two...a lot of teams might give the old song and dance about what he inherited at st johns and he was put in a no win situation, and take a chance...a local school like iona is probably a good bet for him, since he already has ties to the ny recruiting scene...unless they have a great interview with someone that blows them away, they should prob seriously consider him

Marillac

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 08:08:35 AM »
LOL OMG please hire Norm Roberts!!!! How perfect would that be for Baldi to have to suffer through Norm as the coach of Iona!!! LOLOLOL  That's what you get for defending him blindly for six years. 

Poison

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 08:19:42 AM »
Masiello is a Westchester guy. He understands how to recruit Katonah Cross River.

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 08:21:52 AM »
Masiello is a Westchester guy. He understands how to recruit Katonah Cross River.

I think Masiello and Gonzo's sister had a "special" relationship

Poison

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 08:25:45 AM »
Ditto, but Steve isn't exactly the sharpest tack either.  ;) The Lord probably intended for him to be a bouncer or a consultant on the Jersey Shore. Jabarie Hinds' family felt they
were trying to, well, encourage him to sign early, with the thought that Steve was moving on after this season.

Steve is bright kid. Seriously. Recognized early on that he was only so good at bball and decided to focus on coaching at a very early age.

Now he's up for head coaching gigs. Sounds pretty smart to me.

Tha Kid

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 08:28:40 AM »

Iona hiring norm would be a classic case of be careful what you wish for and baldi would be totally PHUCKED!  They'd never fire him either.  Hahahahahh
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 08:34:18 AM »

Iona hiring norm would be a classic case of be careful what you wish for and baldi would be totally PHUCKED!  They'd never fire him either.  Hahahahahh

Never fire him? IONA fired its most famous basketball alumn ever. The Gaels are stacked and young. I'd welcome Norm and you guys can enjoy watching him in the NCAA tourny next year

Tha Kid

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 08:44:27 AM »
Hahahahhha.  Norm win a mid major conference tourney?  Not in your lifetime.

I pray to god you get norm.
"I drink and I know things"

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 09:52:30 AM »
The Gaels are stacked and young.
I think you're thinking of that movie you were watching last night.

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 09:55:33 AM »
If there is any justice Norm Roberts will be Iona's next coach!

boo3

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 10:00:27 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D