Do we have a need for Stith

• 29 replies
Re: Do we have a need for Stith
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 05:46:34 PM »
Hey Poison and what you said about Quincy too, dead on. Definately, if he had a future he wouldn't have been redshirted. They say medical redshirt but it's common knowledge he wasn't going to play. That's the real reason.

I think it could have been a little of both.
It might have taken him 2-3 months to come back, but
he probably could have ( I'm just guessing.)

But redshirting him gave the team 1 more experienced (non frosh) in Sept 2011
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 05:47:34 PM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

Foad

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 05:51:04 PM »
Honestly, I don't think we do.  We have Grace (or someone better) coming next year.  Q and Omari can handle the ball in addition to Hardy and our half court PG, Kennedy.

If we could get a top 100 caliber guard to come in, would you guys like to see Sith sent packing?

The three top PG's in the country are available.  If we add one of them, I think we could win some games in the tournament.

I've put you down on the official list I keep of people I don't want to be on a lifeboat with.

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2010, 12:30:56 AM »
Hey Poison whoever you are you know basketball.

Stick around.  You'll change your tune.

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2010, 01:15:19 AM »
anyone think these kids don't have feelings?

Poison

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2010, 01:23:34 AM »
Hey Poison whoever you are you know basketball.

Stick around.  You'll change your tune.

right as usual

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2010, 01:30:11 AM »
It's amazing. The kid is a freshman who struggled. I expect him to get stronger and the game to slow down for him next year. I played college football and the jump from Fr to Soph yr is huge. Off season program worked wonders and the game slows down. Let's hope the same can be said for Stith and all the other Fr. In NY you have to be good right away or they have no use for you (guy said this about the Yanks and their young pitchers on the radio last week).

Marillac

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2010, 10:52:54 PM »
Marilac, what do you do for a living?

I'm not sure if I see the relevance, but I am in law school. 
I used to work as a teacher/AD, and I've earned two degrees since graduating from St. John's.

mkras99

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 11:19:41 PM »

I used to work as a teacher/AD, and I've earned two degrees since graduating from St. John's.

I think you'll understand the relevance once you have a full-time job and enter the real world for good. Becomes a lotore difficult to just crap on people.  Good luck with law school though. Pme if you have any questions about school/jobs after graduation.

sjd8886

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2010, 12:20:00 AM »

I think you'll understand the relevance once you have a full-time job and enter the real world for good. Becomes a lotore difficult to just crap on people.  Good luck with law school though. Pme if you have any questions about school/jobs after graduation.

who was he craping on...i just read all his posts on the thread, and he gave his opinion that we can stand to lose stith...he wasnt harsh or knocking the player for no reason
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 12:20:38 AM by SJD »

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2010, 01:15:57 AM »
Seems to be a ton of lawyers on the board...did you all graduate from SJU? I"m starting LS in the fall, got into SJU-but with no money, won't be going there!!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 01:16:28 AM by Mparty7441 »