Re: Rico Hines or Jay Williams?
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 12:35:48 AM »
whats goin on with Billy Singelton?

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 01:16:48 AM »
Scott Adubato

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 02:58:47 PM »
Why not both?  IF we're not getting a Book in here, Jay could be 3rd assistant and Rico DOBO.

I'm with you Kid. BTW, I still need to speak with you.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 03:00:27 PM by Johnny4Life »

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 03:10:34 PM »
Foad is looking at this the wrong way.  Foad acts Duke is the reason those guys haven't scuceeded in the NBA.  What if the actual case is, if those guys hadn't gone to Duke, they would have been picked much much lower

Huhwhat? That's exactly the way I'm looking at it. It's another example of affirmative action for the finest Ivy League school in Carolina. The players are  coddled by the refs, fawned over by the media, and overrated by NBA scouts, who should know better, since it should be pretty obvious that dooK is where draft picks go to die.

So you would agree that Coach K is able to fool the world/scouts/ESPN that his less talented players will do well in the NBA, thereby getting them more money and fame than they would have fi they went elsewhere?

if so, isnt that exactly the type of coach you want at your school?

I've never denied that Ratty is a great coach or that he's had some great teams and great players. That'd be foolish. But I'd sooner root for Johnny Calamari, who at least doesn't pretend that he's anything but a skumbag.

Foad... I said this once before and I am going to say it once more... are you sure that you are NOT Mike Jarvis II?

If you are, it's okay... just admit it!  ;)

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 03:21:06 PM »
I can't wait for the response on that one, seeing how much Foad loves Jarvis.

Tha Kid

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2010, 04:01:52 PM »
Couldn't be Deuce.  Deuce worked at Duke after leaving St. John's.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 04:43:41 PM »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 05:26:39 PM »
Couldn't be Deuce.  Deuce worked at Duke after leaving St. John's.

Until his father got a job. Wasn't his title at Duke "Waterboy"?

The Best of The Waterboy
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 05:29:09 PM by Johnny4Life »

Tha Kid

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 06:15:02 PM »
I saw him in the gym...he, collins, and wojo would all be on bikes...only diff was deuce had an italian hero in his hands!
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2010, 10:02:42 PM »
 how can anyone say jay williams would be better??? exactly what experience does he have in recruiting, or coaching??

Marillac

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2010, 03:11:14 PM »
how can anyone say jay williams would be better??? exactly what experience does he have in recruiting, or coaching??

Coaching/training is a huge check mark on the side of Rico, but Jay Williams is a name that everyone around these parts knows.  He is the standard for PG's.  He may not have trained people to get drafted like Rico, but he did train himself and got drated #2 overall.  A pg would have to be crazy to not think playing under Jay Williams is a big plus.

Also, Jay has one of the best personalities ever.   Parents and kids would love him.