Quinn Cook - PG - DeMatha MD - Hyattsville, MD - DUKE

• 56 replies

kjd01067

Re: Quinn Cook - PG - DeMatha MD - Hyattsville, MD
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2010, 07:20:59 PM »
This guy can pass the ball... I can just imagine how sick it would look him throwing oops to polee! Sportscenter top10 for sure

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2010, 08:47:32 AM »
Per Alex Kline....  "Star point guard Quinn Cook '11 of Oak Hill will come out with a top five list of schools very soon."

[tweet]http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/23875218466[/tweet]

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2010, 12:40:06 PM »
This kid looks like he'd come in and right away contend for the league lead in assists.  Just love how he controls the game.

I really believe the key for us to get him is to rack up as many recruits, friends (seems like he's tight with literally everyone lol) of his as soon as possible and get them to convince him we got something here.  We can guarentee him the starting spot right away (I don't think any of those other schools can do that).  I know right now he's a big fan of St. John's and Lavin and there are players out there in his ear to come here with him but need to put the heat on a little more. 
Others have pitched him starting time.

For this program, I thought he'd be a transformative recruit.

This guy can pass the ball... I can just imagine how sick it would look him throwing oops to polee! Sportscenter top10 for sure
Mark Jackson 2.0

The crazy thing is that a couple of years ago some parents on his AAU team were complaining about him being a "ball hog." A lot of kids say it, but he'll do whatever the head coach tells him to do to win. On the 17U team in Germany, the coach asked him to run the offense and set up others-he lead the absolutely loaded team in assists and played more than the oft higher ranked Teague. This was after being named Washington Post's Metro POY, the first junior to win the award in decades-playing and winning in what was the toughest high school league in the country-the WCAC.

Moose

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2010, 01:12:33 PM »
This kid looks like he'd come in and right away contend for the league lead in assists.  Just love how he controls the game.

I really believe the key for us to get him is to rack up as many recruits, friends (seems like he's tight with literally everyone lol) of his as soon as possible and get them to convince him we got something here.  We can guarentee him the starting spot right away (I don't think any of those other schools can do that).  I know right now he's a big fan of St. John's and Lavin and there are players out there in his ear to come here with him but need to put the heat on a little more. 
Others have pitched him starting time.

For this program, I thought he'd be a transformative recruit.

Mark Jackson 2.0

The crazy thing is that a couple of years ago some parents on his AAU team were complaining about him being a "ball hog." A lot of kids say it, but he'll do whatever the head coach tells him to do to win. On the 17U team in Germany, the coach asked him to run the offense and set up others-he lead the absolutely loaded team in assists and played more than the oft higher ranked Teague. This was after being named Washington Post's Metro POY, the first junior to win the award in decades-playing and winning in what was the toughest high school league in the country-the WCAC.

God we need this kid!
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2010, 02:08:12 PM »
I'm hearing that St. John's is effectively out.

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2010, 02:27:41 PM »
I'm hearing that St. John's is effectively out.

Ugh. Sledge next up at bat for Lavin?

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2010, 07:00:47 PM »
Hopefully Tharpe is still a possibility.  I have no idea on these recruits so ill defer to the people who have seen these kids play...

Could Sledge or Tharpe come in as freshman and run the team a year from now, or would we be looking at Stith (hopefully improved) as the starting PG? 

I know things can chage with people improving or being underrated over the course of a year but i would hope the PG we bring in would be able to start from day 1.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 07:04:20 PM by B-Squared »

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2010, 09:41:46 PM »
Hopefully Tharpe is still a possibility.  I have no idea on these recruits so ill defer to the people who have seen these kids play...

Could Sledge or Tharpe come in as freshman and run the team a year from now, or would we be looking at Stith (hopefully improved) as the starting PG? 

I know things can chage with people improving or being underrated over the course of a year but i would hope the PG we bring in would be able to start from day 1.
Tharpe could start right away at some BE schools. No comment on Sledge.

We've had Eugene Lawrence and Malik Boothe as starters over the past decade. Tharpe is much more polished as a point guard than either of them. If they got him, these embarrassing  days of the opposing pg being able to double off of our man would be over.

Were there better point guards available in this class? Yeah, but he'd be a significant upgrade at a position of need for us. Rebuilding this program, as you know, will be a multi-year process.

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2010, 10:40:24 PM »
Per Zags....  "Quinn Cook says Georgetown and Rutgers both out of the mix"

[tweet]http://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/24896929573[/tweet]

« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2010, 02:05:23 PM »
You can count Arizona out of the Cook sweepstakes....

Per Alex Kline....  Nick Johnson & Josiah Turner were AAU teammates with the Oakland Soldiers, now they will team up together at Arizona. Turner has committed.

[tweet]http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/24954417627[/tweet]

« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2010, 08:52:45 PM »
I've long knew Cook was a Duke lean and I wouldn't doubt what Alex Kline mentioned comes to fruition soon.

Per Alex Kline....  With point guard Josiah Turner committing to Arizona, I would be surprised if Quinn Cook didn't commit to Duke.

[tweet]http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/24971381864[/tweet]

Marillac

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2010, 11:15:57 PM »
Clearly Duke is the leader, but I won't dismiss our chances until we have been officially eliminated. 

If we can just dodge this Duke bullet, I love our chances.  Jeremiah Rivers may or may not be enough to dissuade Coook from committing. 

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2010, 08:15:59 AM »
Jeremiah Rivers may or may not be enough to dissuade Coook from committing. 
Huh? Do you mean Austin, or do you mean Jeremiah is such a bad player that Cook wouldn't want to associate with his brother?

Marillac

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2010, 08:29:00 AM »
Jeremiah Rivers may or may not be enough to dissuade Coook from committing. 
Huh? Do you mean Austin, or do you mean Jeremiah is such a bad player that Cook wouldn't want to associate with his brother?

LOL Austin.

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2010, 03:43:03 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/09/28/quinn-cook-focusing-on-4-schools/

Asked about St. John’s, Cook said he hadn’t heard from them in a while.

“I haven’t talked to coach [Steve] Lavin since I’ve been at school,” he said.

Sources said St. John’s is still recruiting Cook and that the staff hoped to get down and see him soon.

« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2010, 04:20:12 AM »
[tweet]http://twitter.com/QCook323/status/26812485300[/tweet]

Big day tomorrow! RiP DAD!