Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #2180 on: September 19, 2011, 10:04:45 PM »
Kyle tweeted nothing official yet.

« Reply #2181 on: September 19, 2011, 10:08:00 PM »
UCLA per Jerry Meyer. Done.

If true, probably gave Williard the news tn who proceeded to leak it.

I believe that probably was the case, as well.   Finally, this is over!  I think Kyle fell in love with the idea of playing in Cali during the Elite 24 game.  I also believe a couple of family members also liked the Cali life, as well.  Where is Baldi with his usual "perks" nonsense?  LOL   

I really didn't think he would go all the way out the the left coast, but I guess he truly wanted to play with Shabazz Muhammad.  Howland probably "lucked" his way into this one, but sometimes luck and being at the right place at the right time is all that is needed.

Hell!  This bunch probably didn't help matters....  LOL   

Oh, well!  Good luck to Kyle and his family! 

« Reply #2182 on: September 19, 2011, 10:09:14 PM »

He probably didn't want his thunder stolen.  Usually, this stuff leaks before the official announcement.

« Reply #2183 on: September 19, 2011, 10:10:27 PM »
The worst part of all this is tossing Jevon Thomas aside for Anderson and Anderson just goes to UCLA anyway

Hope Jevon isn't too upset with the staff and that he is still an option

« Reply #2184 on: September 19, 2011, 10:10:40 PM »

Saw that but hard to believe Meyer got bad info.  Seems like he just got it early.  But considering everyone has been hearing UCLA, and Howland never tripped out here to see an open run this past weekend which I think was a good indicator that Howland and UCLA got word they were his choice.  In other words he was not making his choice at the last second, he knew where he was going probably several days ago let alone several hours ago.

« Reply #2185 on: September 19, 2011, 10:11:39 PM »
has anyone looked at KYLE'S twitter instead of everyone elses..calm down guys!

« Reply #2186 on: September 19, 2011, 10:12:06 PM »
UCLA per Jerry Meyer. Done.

If true, probably gave Williard the news tn who proceeded to leak it.

Hell!  This bunch probably didn't help matters....  LOL   

Oh, well!  Good luck to Kyle and his family! 
LOL !!

« Reply #2187 on: September 19, 2011, 10:14:26 PM »
The worst part of all this is tossing Jevon Thomas aside for Anderson and Anderson just goes to UCLA anyway

Seton Hall may go after Thomas.  I have a feeling the ship has sailed with Thomas to St. John's.  Besides, the Johnnies have Phil Greene and possibly, Nurideen Lindsey going into 2012-2013. 

The Johnnies are also targeting two Top 25 PGs in separate classes, in Rysheed Jordan and Parker Jackson-Cartwright, respectively. 

Gumby

« Reply #2188 on: September 19, 2011, 10:17:13 PM »
We still have two hours before the bewitching hour.

So far we have had tweets stating KA was going to every school, but St. John's and Georgetown.   I still am having trouble with the suspect tweet from KA where he proclaimed that "OMG" Coach Willard was in his house.  Was that a 911 tweet?

I go back to KA's official visit to us on 9/7.  Outside of KA's Mom, there did not seem to be that typical hype exhibited after other contacts with schools.  And there was no H/V scheduled, which I found strange at the time.

If it is UCLA, it has to be those four visits out there and the incoming classes for this year and possible next.  Not a bad choice, if not with us.  So the family watches him for a year on Direct TV!

I really doubt that the three freshmen being ineligible for at least the first 10 games had any impact on KA's decision.  He knew Coach Lavin had Darrick and the Bayou Bull coming in the next year.  Coach Lavin can recruit.

« Reply #2189 on: September 19, 2011, 10:17:39 PM »
has anyone looked at KYLE'S twitter instead of everyone elses..calm down guys!

Calm down?  LOL  This baby (recruitment) is over.  I thought we were done a week ago (prior to any of the "bad" news). 

Trust me!  I can say, most of us aren't sweating this situation any longer.  Of course, we would've liked to have nabbed him, but we also feel confident in our staff to land other blue-chippers.

Marillac

« Reply #2190 on: September 19, 2011, 10:19:41 PM »
Good luck to Kyle.  I feel bad for SH and I really wanted to see this kid Congo a Big East school, but after we get our trio eligible we are still really sitting pretty.

« Reply #2191 on: September 19, 2011, 10:20:18 PM »
I really doubt that the three freshmen being ineligible for at least the first 10 games had any impact on KA's decision.

Likewise.

Coach Lavin can recruit.

No doubt about it.  We'll be fine! 

Gumby

« Reply #2192 on: September 19, 2011, 10:27:08 PM »
MJ,  that picture of the Pirates fans is scaring my dogs.

Folks, the party is still on for tomorrow, except I changed the name to "The JJ Fans in the Desert Party".

UCLA is a nice place to go, but I prefer the USC campus.  And what can you say about LA.  What other city has valet parking for every pizza shop?

Now on to Christopher and Amile!

We will be great.

« Reply #2193 on: September 19, 2011, 10:27:32 PM »
its official!

KyleAnderson5 Vinny Chase
Had a great family meeting. I've decided to be a UCLA BRUIN!!
26 seconds ago Favorite Retweet Reply

« Reply #2194 on: September 19, 2011, 10:29:30 PM »

Seton Hall may go after Thomas.  I have a feeling the ship has sailed with Thomas to St. John's.  Besides, the Johnnies have Phil Greene and possibly, Nurideen Lindsey going into 2012-2013. 

The Johnnies are also targeting two Top 25 PGs in separate classes, in Rysheed Jordan and Parker Jackson-Cartwright, respectively. 

Good points, mj....I still like Thomas' game a lot and hope that he might be an option now if the staff sees fit

I really like Rysheed Jordan tho...Hope they are putting the full court press on for him

« Reply #2195 on: September 19, 2011, 10:32:46 PM »
its official!

Word has it that his mother and sister wanted no parts of Seton Hall.  It seems both of 'em wanted UCLA.  I do not know how true it is, but one Seton Hall fan seems pretty adamant about it. 

It seems he supposedly has info on it.  I wouldn't doubt it to be true.  Nevertheless, would you want your son to play for those characters who packed the Paterson gymnasium?  LOL 

« Reply #2196 on: September 19, 2011, 10:36:53 PM »
Does anyone know if we will be playing UCLA in 2013?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 10:38:12 PM by Mparty7441 »

« Reply #2197 on: September 19, 2011, 10:39:37 PM »
its official!

Word has it that his mother and sister wanted no parts of Seton Hall.  It seems both of 'em wanted UCLA.  I do not know how true it is, but one Seton Hall fan seems pretty adamant about it. 

It seems he supposedly has info on it.  I wouldn't doubt it to be true.  Nevertheless, would you want your son to play for those characters who packed the Paterson gymnasium?  LOL 

his sister said on a tweet that she wanted Cali.  that's public knowledge. 

i think he made the right decision.  kids nowadays want to go away. it's going to be very hard to keep kids local.  just look at our roster, full of out of state guys.  we have to continue to look outside the metro area.

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA
« Reply #2198 on: September 19, 2011, 10:40:47 PM »
I wish he would've stayed in the Big East.  I'm surprised he picked UCLA with all the close knit family talk.  KA will definitely make Howland's offensive sets look a lot better though.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA
« Reply #2199 on: September 19, 2011, 10:42:53 PM »
cant blame him in the least bit. that campus is beautiful and ben howland is a great coach.  good luck to him.  we'll be fine.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap