Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

Poison

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #880 on: August 18, 2011, 09:31:34 PM »
Derek Jeter didn't even go to college. He's done rather well for himself in the bitches department.

« Reply #881 on: August 18, 2011, 10:15:28 PM »
SHU just received a verbal from 2012 JUCO PF Raymon Austin.  Heard of him? Probably not because no one else has including most SHU fans.

Contrast that with the fact SJU just got a verbal from legit top 50 PF Ricardo Gathers 2 1/2 weeks ago.

Here is the point.  SJU simply offers KA the best of both/all worlds.  They are close enough for his family to drive to see him play especially when they play at MSG.  More importantly SJU offers the players and staff that will allow KA to flourish.  Without inside info I think the obvious choice is SJU.  But there is no question the chatter is SJU anyway. 

Bottom line is for him to choose SHU at this point is a HUGE leap of faith.

Poison

« Reply #882 on: August 18, 2011, 10:25:46 PM »
If he goes to Seton Hall, opposing teams will put all 5 defenders on him at the same time.

« Reply #883 on: August 18, 2011, 10:31:46 PM »
fordham 96 I believe everyone, with perhaps the exception of 1 poster, is in agreement with you.

RedVet

« Reply #884 on: August 19, 2011, 01:11:48 PM »
Derek Jeter didn't even go to college. He's done rather well for himself in the bitches department.

"... the bitches department"? Very classy.

« Reply #885 on: August 19, 2011, 09:42:19 PM »
If he goes to Seton Hall, opposing teams will put all 5 defenders on him at the same time.

That line doesnt work with KA, if you do that he will turn Aaron Cosby and co. into superstars

Poison

« Reply #886 on: August 19, 2011, 11:29:34 PM »
There is no savior coming to Seton Hall. I don't care how good a player is, one guy isn't going to win with no help.
Why do you think Landesberg chose UVA over us? Oh wait, bad example. He went there for the academics. Or maybe it was the coaching?

Point is, Anderson couldn't possibly be as stupid as Landesberg. If he picks Florida, that would suck, but hey, it's a very good school, and a very good team. I just think with all of the hype around SJU, that anyone in the greater NY area will want to be a star here.

Like Jeter. Because if you star on the biggest stage, that's what's possible in NY. Starring in NY means more than starring anywhere else because nothing is NY. That's why my money is on him coming here, and becoming a star here. 

« Reply #887 on: August 19, 2011, 11:44:39 PM »
There is no savior coming to Seton Hall. I don't care how good a player is, one guy isn't going to win with no help.
Why do you think Landesberg chose UVA over us? Oh wait, bad example. He went there for the academics. Or maybe it was the coaching?

Point is, Anderson couldn't possibly be as stupid as Landesberg. If he picks Florida, that would suck, but hey, it's a very good school, and a very good team. I just think with all of the hype around SJU, that anyone in the greater NY area will want to be a star here.

Like Jeter. Because if you star on the biggest stage, that's what's possible in NY. Starring in NY means more than starring anywhere else because nothing is NY. That's why my money is on him coming here, and becoming a star here. 

Stupid?  I wouldn't say Landesberg was stupid for going to UVA.  He obviously thought more highly of their staff and team.  The only bad move he made, IMO, was entering the NBA draft.  Heck!  I actually thought he was going to end up at Georgia Tech. 

I agree no one will or can be a savior at Seton Hall anytime soon.  Granted, I believe Anderson would excel at any school....  I just do not believe the Hall can bring to the table what we can currently bring to that same table.

Poison

« Reply #888 on: August 20, 2011, 12:05:51 AM »
The Hall is going to be the next Depaul.

pk

« Reply #889 on: August 20, 2011, 01:53:01 AM »

"If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere, it's up to you New York, New York".

Sounds like it'll be a helluva sales pitch between Steve and the swamp. That should be a beaut. One thing that makes me believe we will land KA is that one relative talking about the Hall. Sounds like at least some family members want him close to home.  That's good for us, If KA's persuaded by that. Not SH, forget that, but Saint John's University. Let's hope so.  :angel:

Wods317

« Reply #890 on: August 20, 2011, 05:00:24 AM »
KA as well as his family and advisors are not fools and they know what each school brings to the table. Florida and SJU seem like the best options but he wants to stay close to home he has said so that gives us a big advantage. Im not saying he wont got to SHU but I think it would be a foolish decision because the talent around him isnt there and dont think they dont know and acknowledge that. SJU gives him the best of both worlds and I think thats why he will announce for us a month from now.

gman

« Reply #891 on: August 20, 2011, 11:16:50 AM »
KA as well as his family and advisors are not fools and they know what each school brings to the table. Florida and SJU seem like the best options but he wants to stay close to home he has said so that gives us a big advantage. Im not saying he wont got to SHU but I think it would be a foolish decision because the talent around him isnt there and dont think they dont know and acknowledge that. SJU gives him the best of both worlds and I think thats why he will announce for us a month from now.

SHU just landed a JUCO recruit that held no other offers.  SJU landed a top 40 player in Gathers.  He wastes his time in college if he goes to SHU.  Likes others have been saying, he will be the total focal point of defenses at SHU.  Come to SJU and he has a ton of great options to get on the courth with. 

« Reply #892 on: August 20, 2011, 07:31:33 PM »
Anderson was on campus this past week on an 'unofficial' visit?!  Anyone have details?  This is according to east coast bias article.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 07:32:31 PM by redmen4life »

MCNPA

« Reply #894 on: August 20, 2011, 07:40:08 PM »
Kyle Sr. isn't going to tip his hat at this point. 

« Reply #895 on: August 20, 2011, 07:49:18 PM »
What r the odds he comes back for an official?

« Reply #896 on: August 20, 2011, 08:11:41 PM »
east cost bias took that from a zags article writen 1 year ago today.  I think they just got it mixed up. If anderson was on campus im sure we would have already heard about it.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

gman

« Reply #897 on: August 20, 2011, 08:22:45 PM »
east cost bias took that from a zags article writen 1 year ago today.  I think they just got it mixed up. If anderson was on campus im sure we would have already heard about it.

He was supposed to visit campus soon.  He could have been there this weekend.  Hopefully someone can confirm.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 08:23:05 PM by gman »

Moose

« Reply #898 on: August 20, 2011, 10:39:06 PM »

I heard a last week from another poster that he would be visiting very soon.  I don't think this was a mixup.  Think they were right.
Remember who broke the Slice news