Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

crgreen

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA
« Reply #2360 on: March 14, 2012, 11:37:59 AM »
Howland will be fired at the end of the year.

No he stays, just like I said he would...LOL!

Will you at least admit you were a little nervous when the article came out? ;D

Not after I read it...LOL!!!

He gets 1 year to turn this around or else he and probably Guerrero are going to be shown the door.  But it was not going to happen after this past year.   He has a good core and he has at least 2 high impact recruits coing in.  Both UCLA and Arizona should be good again next year.

Plus senior xfer Larry Drew will be a major upgrade at PG over the graduating Jerime Anderson.  I know a lot of folks are down on Drew.  But the 220 assists he had as a soph for the TarHeels would rank as UCLA's 2nd best assist season ever.   It would be 3rd best ever at St. Johns.   Anderson had his best season this year as a senior - 135 assists.

I am not as high on Drew.  He is going to have to show me something.  To me at least at this point he is symptomatic of what has ailed UCLA recently.  This is a kid who flat quit on UNC without telling anyone.  Not saying it cannot or will not work out but I will withhold positive judgement on Drew until I see how he plays.

You pass a judgment (Aren't you a lawyer? You should probably learn to spell that word if that's the case) in your post ("To me at least at this point he is symptomatic of what has allied UCLA recently."), and then you write that you will withhold judgment on Drew until you see how he plays.

What schmuckboy?  No I am not a lawyer.  Secondly it is has 2 spellings.  3rd I said I withhold "positive" judgement.  In other words giving him the benefit of the doubt that he will be a big time player for them.   And I gave a reason.

Seriously guy, I know I have torn you to bits recently (so have about 10,000 other posters that is what happens when you give them ample fuel) but that does not give you the right to reach on criticism and try to make up things at the same time.  But whatever suits you Ryan Humphrey.

Hey what has happened to Matt Doherty after he left Mike Brey that unbelievable situation at ND anyway?

Don't recall anyone using the term "big time player".  Just said he'd be a MAJOR improvement over Jerime Anderson.  Some Bruins think Malik Stith would have been a major improvement over Jerime Anderson.  (Bruin fans can be like that...)

Moose

« Reply #2361 on: March 14, 2012, 12:50:23 PM »
  (Bruin fans can be like that...)

Delusional?
Yes we know :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

sju89tr

« Reply #2362 on: March 14, 2012, 01:06:15 PM »
I personally do not condone respected posters fighting with each other on these boards but on the other hand I do think shmuckboy would be a great handle for a new poster on JJ  :2funny:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 01:06:46 PM by sju89tr »

pmg911

« Reply #2363 on: March 14, 2012, 01:42:06 PM »
I think Marillac should switch his handle to THE HIGHLANDER - because only Conner McLeod has lived long enough to experience and be an expert on as many things as Marillac

paultzman

« Reply #2364 on: March 14, 2012, 01:54:55 PM »
I think Marillac should switch his handle to THE HIGHLANDER - because only Conner McLeod has lived long enough to experience and be an expert on as many things as Marillac

Enough! Boring!

LJSA

« Reply #2365 on: March 14, 2012, 01:59:35 PM »
 I was just thinking the other day that Marillac had mellowed as a poster over the past couple of years. ;D

sju89tr

« Reply #2366 on: March 14, 2012, 02:21:14 PM »
I was just thinking the other day that Marillac had mellowed as a poster over the past couple of years. ;D

Nah LOL
Hey we should meet and see the St Johns womans team if they advance to sweet 16 in Fresno

LJSA

« Reply #2367 on: March 14, 2012, 04:41:47 PM »

Nah LOL
Hey we should meet and see the St Johns womans team if they advance to sweet 16 in Fresno

My wife is on spring break around that time and might visit her parents in nearby Hanford, so I actually might be able to swing it. It's been way too long since I've been to America's most beautiful city Fresno. ;D

I'll be at Mullin's number retirement ceremony next week, which I'm really excited about despite being up in the nosebleeds.

Marillac

« Reply #2368 on: March 14, 2012, 06:15:07 PM »
I have, but every once in a while something can get my Irish up.  It's not something I'm proud of, and I apologize to Fordham96.  Rough morning for Marillac after forgetting to close out the link to the Hottest Wives and Girlfriends in Sports slideshow, and having his barely 100 pound feiry Latina girlfriend verbally tee off on him.  I guess it didn't help that I stopped the slideshow at Minka Kelly :( 

LJSA

« Reply #2369 on: March 14, 2012, 06:51:38 PM »
I have, but every once in a while something can get my Irish up.  It's not something I'm proud of, and I apologize to Fordham96.  Rough morning for Marillac after forgetting to close out the link to the Hottest Wives and Girlfriends in Sports slideshow, and having his barely 100 pound feiry Latina girlfriend verbally tee off on him.  I guess it didn't help that I stopped the slideshow at Minka Kelly :( 

The key would have been to say, "I was just trying to see if they compared to you. And of course they did not, darling."

« Reply #2370 on: March 14, 2012, 11:45:15 PM »

And I was thinking it was that those tax liens finally stopped working for you.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:46:08 PM by Johnny4Life »

« Reply #2371 on: April 14, 2012, 12:42:29 AM »
I hate to bring this thread back but thought this article was really interesting, a few players from the Jordan Brand classic reveal what the recruiting process is like for them and what their #2 school was. Here was what Anderson said....

“Seton Hall. I’ve never told anyone this, but this is crazy. Exactly a week before I chose UCLA I had decided that I was going to Seton Hall. It was a done deal. Then I had another talk with my family the next day and I felt like it was UCLA. If UCLA didn’t exist I’d be at Seton Hall, no question. I just couldn’t turn down [UCLA], the tradition, the weather, the beach, all the pros that play there in the summer. Plus I’m cool withRussell Westbrook and Kevin Love, just everything about it. And I mean, c’mon, it’s L.A.!”

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/boys-basketball/post/_/id/4620/jbc-stars-reveal-their-no-2-schools

« Reply #2372 on: April 14, 2012, 12:45:20 AM »
^Just shows how fickle these kids are, and how much of a crap shoot is its to get these guys. Just be gald we have a guy who wins more than craps out as our HC.

crgreen

« Reply #2373 on: April 14, 2012, 01:16:02 AM »
^Just shows how fickle these kids are, and how much of a crap shoot is its to get these guys. Just be gald we have a guy who wins more than craps out as our HC.

Did anyone see the offical measurements for the US team from the Nike Hoop Summit last week?

http://nbadraft.net/2012-nike-hoop-summit-official-measurements

Kyle Anderson:  6'8 1/2", 233 lbs,  7'2.5" Wingspan  9'0" standing reach. 

Amazing.

« Reply #2374 on: April 14, 2012, 01:17:57 AM »

Did anyone see the offical measurements for the US team from the Nike Hoop Summit last week?

Amazing.

No need to rub it in our faces  :)

LJSA

« Reply #2375 on: April 14, 2012, 04:56:24 AM »

Amazing.

He'll make a fine point power forward for you guys.

crgreen

« Reply #2376 on: April 14, 2012, 06:57:04 AM »

Amazing.

Sorry - didn't mean for it to sound that way.  Actually a little afraid he might be growing out of being able to play guard - and since signing him cost UCLA PG Dominic Artis (decommited, signed with Oregon), that would be a huge problem if he can't cover 10-15 minues at least at the point.  Larry Drew is the only PG on the roster for next year (5th year senior transfer) - and the Bruins don't have any elite PG's in the 2013 class lined up for when he's gone in 2014.  Kyle is going to be one of those rare birds these days - an 18 year old freshman, so another inch or more growth  over the next year or so isn't impossible.  6'9 1/2 to 6'10 1/2? - The Bruins don't NEED 4s and 5s - Josh Smith, Anthony Stover, Travis Wear and David Wear (3 of them McD AA's) were only Sophs this past season.   And they might be joined by frosh Tony Parker this year (he'd be a 4th McD).  And the Non-McD Stover, while only a 10 minute a game sub last year, still managed to finish #4 in the Pac 12 in blocked shots last year.  Point Power Forward is a great concept - but not when you have 2  OTHER McDonalds All Americans who already have to share the 40 minutes at PF.

« Reply #2377 on: April 14, 2012, 10:42:11 AM »

Amazing.

Sorry - didn't mean for it to sound that way.  Actually a little afraid he might be growing out of being able to play guard - and since signing him cost UCLA PG Dominic Artis (decommited, signed with Oregon), that would be a huge problem if he can't cover 10-15 minues at least at the point.  Larry Drew is the only PG on the roster for next year (5th year senior transfer) - and the Bruins don't have any elite PG's in the 2013 class lined up for when he's gone in 2014.  Kyle is going to be one of those rare birds these days - an 18 year old freshman, so another inch or more growth  over the next year or so isn't impossible.  6'9 1/2 to 6'10 1/2? - The Bruins don't NEED 4s and 5s - Josh Smith, Anthony Stover, Travis Wear and David Wear (3 of them McD AA's) were only Sophs this past season.   And they might be joined by frosh Tony Parker this year (he'd be a 4th McD).  And the Non-McD Stover, while only a 10 minute a game sub last year, still managed to finish #4 in the Pac 12 in blocked shots last year.  Point Power Forward is a great concept - but not when you have 2  OTHER McDonalds All Americans who already have to share the 40 minutes at PF.

I was just messing with you. It will exciting to watch how he adapts to your system. IMO you guys are plenty talented to do some serious damage. I think calling him a point guard or froward is just a label. As long as he's on the court, what ever position it is, I think he'll do major damage and is one of those players who make the players around him better

pmg911

« Reply #2378 on: April 16, 2012, 07:33:17 AM »
“Seton Hall. I’ve never told anyone this, but this is crazy. Exactly a week before I chose UCLA I had decided that I was going to Seton Hall. It was a done deal. Then I had another talk with my family the next day and I felt like it was UCLA. If UCLA didn’t exist I’d be at Seton Hall, no question. I just couldn’t turn down [UCLA], the tradition, the weather, the beach, all the pros that play there in the summer. Plus I’m cool withRussell Westbrook and Kevin Love, just everything about it. And I mean, c’mon, it’s L.A.!”

Thi$ i$ a pretty funny $tatement but thi$ young man. I wonder what happened to change hi$ mind in the $pace of one week.

« Reply #2379 on: April 16, 2012, 07:54:23 AM »
$ame thing that changed Rico'$ mind