« Reply #2400 on: April 17, 2012, 01:11:53 PM »
Thanks!

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA
« Reply #2401 on: April 17, 2012, 05:24:40 PM »
Sam  Gilbert still alive? :)

crgreen

« Reply #2402 on: June 26, 2012, 06:06:52 PM »
Not trying to rub salt in any wounds, so please ignore this post if Kyle refernces will upset you.  I wanted this kid at EITHER of my two schools.  Would have been just as thrilled if he'd picked Saint Johns.....

But he isn't going to be the answer at Point Guard for UCLA.   Their frosh class showed up for the start of Summer Session yesterday.    Got their check-in physicals at UCLA Medical Center.   Kyle tweeted he measured at 6'9 1/2"...WITHOUT shoes.  235 lbs.  If they were to get him a pair of those "Cole Aldirich NBA Draft Camp" sneakers, that would put him playing at 6'11 3/4 (Cole is 6'9 without, 6'11 1/4 with).  KYle's now a half inch taller and 8 lbs heavier than Anthony Davis, and maybe still growing.

I honestly don't know WHERE he's going to play.  THe Bruins already HAD  four 6'10 (in shoes) Center/Forwards and added a 5th in Tony Parker in this class.  And fellow frosh Shabazz Mohammad pretty much has 35 minutes a game at the SF spot locked up.

But I am disappointed.  At THIS size, I'm afraid one and done is a foregone conclusion.   I really thought he'd measure out at 6'8 or so in shoes - a tweener who's a step slow for the guard spot at the Pro level - that maybe he stays 2 or even 3 years at college.   But at a legit 6'10 or taller, that step slow guard becomes a pretty quick big at the next level....worst case scenario is looking like a better/bigger Mike Dunleavy...

Again, sorry if anyone feels this was inappropriate for this board. 

« Reply #2403 on: June 26, 2012, 06:33:58 PM »
I have nothing against him at all. Behind Shabazz and Noel I think he is the best player in the country and should be a stud. I dont see him being bigger as a negative thing. Kyle may not be a natural point but he is a play maker and being bigger will just make him that much tougher to guard. Season hasn't even started yet dont worry about him being 1 and done. Just enjoy having the best freshman duo in the country

paultzman

« Reply #2404 on: June 26, 2012, 06:44:08 PM »
Always felt Kyle would be a point forward, great passer, but too slow to guard fleet PGs. In any event, he is a great one!

« Reply #2405 on: June 26, 2012, 06:58:39 PM »
UCLA has to have the most size in all of college ball

jr49

« Reply #2406 on: June 26, 2012, 07:01:36 PM »
Not trying to rub salt in any wounds, so please ignore this post if Kyle refernces will upset you.  I wanted this kid at EITHER of my two schools.  Would have been just as thrilled if he'd picked Saint Johns.....

But he isn't going to be the answer at Point Guard for UCLA.   Their frosh class showed up for the start of Summer Session yesterday.    Got their check-in physicals at UCLA Medical Center.   Kyle tweeted he measured at 6'9 1/2"...WITHOUT shoes.  235 lbs.  If they were to get him a pair of those "Cole Aldirich NBA Draft Camp" sneakers, that would put him playing at 6'11 3/4 (Cole is 6'9 without, 6'11 1/4 with).  KYle's now a half inch taller and 8 lbs heavier than Anthony Davis, and maybe still growing.

I honestly don't know WHERE he's going to play.  THe Bruins already HAD  four 6'10 (in shoes) Center/Forwards and added a 5th in Tony Parker in this class.  And fellow frosh Shabazz Mohammad pretty much has 35 minutes a game at the SF spot locked up.

But I am disappointed.  At THIS size, I'm afraid one and done is a foregone conclusion.   I really thought he'd measure out at 6'8 or so in shoes - a tweener who's a step slow for the guard spot at the Pro level - that maybe he stays 2 or even 3 years at college.   But at a legit 6'10 or taller, that step slow guard becomes a pretty quick big at the next level....worst case scenario is looking like a better/bigger Mike Dunleavy...

Again, sorry if anyone feels this was inappropriate for this board.
Hey CR, being thrilled with my team, I'm not at all sensitive about Kyle's name showing up. We here don't get many one and doner's, but the guys took it great. You go for the good ones, it happens. Ben could have done better. He could limit his recruits to all top ten players who give their word to stayin the full four.

DFF6

« Reply #2407 on: June 26, 2012, 07:15:16 PM »
Always felt Kyle would be a point forward, great passer, but too slow to guard fleet PGs. In any event, he is a great one!

+10

desco80

« Reply #2408 on: June 26, 2012, 07:44:49 PM »
How would you guys compare Kyle to a guy like Perry Jones?   Another player of size that seems to have no obvious position. 

« Reply #2409 on: June 26, 2012, 11:49:18 PM »
How would you guys compare Kyle to a guy like Perry Jones?   Another player of size that seems to have no obvious position. 

Besides the height I wouldnt compare them at all. Kyle has an extremely high basketball IQ and a great ability to handle the ball and distribute. Perry Jones is a freak athelete who should focus on being a great power forward ala Lamarcus Aldridge
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #2410 on: June 27, 2012, 05:26:12 AM »
without having seen kyle play anything close to Penny Hardaway ? He was like 6ft7 or something like that although I don't remember him being anything near Kyle's weight

pmg911

« Reply #2411 on: June 27, 2012, 07:05:55 AM »
without having seen kyle play anything close to Penny Hardaway ? He was like 6ft7 or something like that although I don't remember him being anything near Kyle's weight

Very different players and games.

KA doesn't have the bounce to his game that Penny had at Memphis and when he got intop the league.

Just my opinion here but I think KA is going to be a three year college player and transfers out of UCLA after year one.

He needs to learn to play the 3/4 position because he ius just not fast enough to guard the 1/2, although his length will really help him defensively if he has to guard the 2 in college.

UCLA is loaded with talented players next year and a lot of the players have true natural positions, Kyle just doesn't have one as he enters college.

MCNPA

« Reply #2412 on: June 27, 2012, 07:57:47 AM »
Kyle at that height really changes positions for him.  He doesnt have a ton of bounce, even for a big.  His real skills are his vision and passing which are always a huge plus.  The issue is that he now needs to develop a post game re in the mold of a Tim Duncan, and the ball won't be in his hands nearly as much.  Interesting to see what happens going forward.  I don't know where UCLA is going to play all these bigs?

« Reply #2413 on: June 27, 2012, 08:07:53 AM »
 ;) Everything happens for a reason imagine how his signing with us changes our current coup!  :coolsmiley:

Moose

« Reply #2414 on: June 27, 2012, 08:39:04 AM »

Very different players and games.

KA doesn't have the bounce to his game that Penny had at Memphis and when he got intop the league.

Just my opinion here but I think KA is going to be a three year college player and transfers out of UCLA after year one.

He needs to learn to play the 3/4 position because he ius just not fast enough to guard the 1/2, although his length will really help him defensively if he has to guard the 2 in college.

UCLA is loaded with talented players next year and a lot of the players have true natural positions, Kyle just doesn't have one as he enters college.

WOW
You think Kyle leaves UCLA after a year?

Interesting prediction.  That is definitely one I won't forget.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #2415 on: June 28, 2012, 01:42:47 AM »
It sounds to me like a better passing version of the former Lamar Odom.

kob24

« Reply #2416 on: June 28, 2012, 05:00:20 AM »
Damn they gonna give us a beat down this year

« Reply #2417 on: June 28, 2012, 05:37:01 AM »
We play them again this year?

« Reply #2418 on: June 28, 2012, 08:42:41 AM »
Pmg showing some sack here in his predictions. I like it

MCNPA

« Reply #2419 on: June 28, 2012, 09:24:41 AM »
Damn they gonna give us a beat down this year

We don't play them this year, but I think we'd win.  They certainly have a lot of talent on paper, but have like 7 big men, but only 2 spots to pay them at.  They are not yet solid in the backcourt and their team-speed is not going to be improved by this recruiting class.  I like a lot of their guys, but they have enough 4/5's for 3 teams.  I want to see if their team is well rounded like ours and I think we have twice the athleticism.  I was hoping we'd play them again.  Im atill skeptical on whether Howland has the type of team that he can do big things with.  Not a lot of that team will beat you off the dribble nor from the outside.