Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

gonzalo

Re: Kyle Anderson - PG - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 12:25:40 PM »
http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2010-1213/kyle-anderson-st-anthonys-ready-to-tip-off-season/

“Villanova, Georgetown, Miami, Xavier, St. John’s, Seton Hall, Rutgers, LaSalle, Wake Forest and UMass and DePaul are in constant contact and all the other schools still have interest,” said Kyle Sr when asked which schools were recruit Kyle the hardest.

“UCLA is the only new school as they want to bring him in as a point guard,” Anderson Sr added.

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2010, 02:50:52 PM »
[tweet]http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/16573147264319488[/tweet]

St. John's Steve Lavin, Rutgers' Mike Rice, Georgetown's Mike Brennan, UMass' Derek Kellog & Seton Hall's Kevin Willard seeing Kyle Anderson
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 02:53:38 PM by Not The Sleaveless Guy »

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2010, 12:05:25 AM »
Kyle played well today. He really benefited from Gil St. Benard not having anyone to match up with him. I'd love to see Anderson face a guy his size down low to really challenge him and see if he can bang with him. St. Anthony's so good and so deep.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2010, 12:18:52 AM »
Kyle played well today. He really benefited from Gil St. Benard not having anyone to match up with him. I'd love to see Anderson face a guy his size down low to really challenge him and see if he can bang with him. St. Anthony's so good and so deep.

I think he'd fare decently just on the fact of his hoops IQ.  I'd also like to see what he would do with someone around his size on the blocks.

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2010, 12:03:22 PM »
Kyle Anderson (North Bergen, N.J./St. Anthony)
2012, SF, 6-8, 200 pounds
Villanova, Miami, UCLA, Pitt, Virginia Tech, LaSalle, Depaul, Seton Hall, Rutgers, Xavier, Kentucky and Florida are all on the trail of the skilled combination forward that can also be considered a point forward because of his ballhandling and passing ability. Anderson is a tough matchup on the high school level and that should continue once he arrives on a college campus. Anderson did his damage inside the arc with drives from the wing and by posting up, where he drew multiple fouls and made excellent passes out of the post when doubled teamed. He was also terrific on the glass pulling down 10 rebounds (five offensive), while scoring 23 points and leading St. Anthony's to a 62-50 win over Gill St. Bernard's. Anderson must work on extending his shooting range, being more explosive around the rim and defending on the perimeter but what makes Anderson successful and productive is his size and skill level.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=5938851

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2011, 02:19:55 AM »
I caught his game today against St. Joe's today, but, again he defended their weakest link-so as to not expose his lateral quickness. He played well and demonstrated an improved shot selection in front of Georgetown, Kentucky, and Seton Hall coaches. I know Jerry loves his versatility and he can be a matchup problem at this level, but it's safe to say there are more than four players better than KA in the 2012 class.

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2011, 02:24:10 AM »
Agreed with you. I just think when you add more bulk/muscle onto KA frame he's going to be such a skilled big man because he's such a good ball handler and passer. No chance he plays PG or any type of guard at the next level.

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2011, 05:53:30 PM »
Agreed with you. I just think when you add more bulk/muscle onto KA frame he's going to be such a skilled big man because he's such a good ball handler and passer. No chance he plays PG or any type of guard at the next level.
Amen, I think that's been put to bed.

BTW, I hope the staff has early feelers out to Colbert and Dakari Johnson (Gaucho) on St. Pat's.

gonzalo

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 02:52:33 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/01/25/kyle-anderson-point-guard-or-point-forward/

He is rated as the No. 1 point guard in the Class of 2012 by Rivals.com and is considering a Who’s Who of college programs.

His list currently includes St. John’s, Florida, Villanova, Xavier, Miami, Seton Hall, Kentucky, Louisville, Pitt, UCLA, Arizona, Wake Forest, Georgetown, UMass and La Salle.

Anderson has indicated that he may prefer to stay locally in order to remain near his family.

“That plays a major factor,” he said. “I don’t think they’ll care about the distance but I definitely do so that’s going to play a major factor.”

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2011, 11:09:08 AM »
go get em lav
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2011, 03:59:49 PM »
This is something to really look forward too.  The article is from Rivals.

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1184631

It doesn't matter how many times you see Kyle Anderson play, it's undeniable that you're watching a rising star.

This next generation of super star resides in New Jersey but has gained notoriety by performing well in New York tournaments. It's quite possible, Anderson may even become an honorary New Yorker.

Showing his unique court vision at the iS8/Nike Tournaments in Queens, NY with the Playaz Club AAU team, Anderson earned the nick name "Slo' Motion" for his deliberate playing style. Anderson recently displayed those skills at the SNY Invitational at L.I.U. (Brooklyn Campus) with high school team, the St Anthony Friars. Anderson navigated the Friars to a 43-38 win in the championship round against and defensive minded Boys & Girls HS earning MVP honors.

Currently, Rivals.com No 5 player in the Class of 2012, Anderson, described as a point guard/forward, has exceptional court vision, leaving comparisons another point guard/forward. Anderson's father, Kyle Anderson Sr. also sees the comparison saying, "Kyle can run the point and the team and win while doing it. At his size, I compare him to Ervin "Magic" Johnson. Kyle is closer to 6-9 than 6-8 now; he just turned 17 in September."

During the SNY Invitational, Anderson's presence brought out high school basketball fans and college coaches. St. John's head coach Steve Lavin, and Seton Hall head coach Kevin Willard, who are recruiting the junior, were spotted in the crowd. The junior currently holds a staggering eighteen school offers.

Asked when his son will be trimming his list down, Anderson Sr. responded, "He will trim his list after his high school season; before the Spring AAU season is over. The trimming of the list will be based a lot on what position he decides and what he wishes to pursue in college."

Because of Anderson's exceptional abilities at the point, Anderson Sr. said that his son has his eye on a Big East School with arguably one of the strongest 2011 recruiting classes. "Right now, St. John's is high on the list because of all the players they signed. [They have] only one is a point guard," said Anderson, Sr.

Spring is seven weeks away and Anderson will soon rejoin his AAU team, returning to a hectic travel schedule. One of Anderson's many tournaments stops will be in April at South Jamaica, NY's iS8/Nike Spring Classic.

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2011, 04:12:30 PM »
imagin a lineup of:
pg anderson
sg harkless
sf polee
pf sampson
c pelle

might be the longest starting five in college history

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2011, 12:35:16 AM »
imagin a lineup of:
pg anderson
sg harkless
sf polee
pf sampson
c pelle

Very long team, Mase.  Not to mention, a "sick" team, as well.  Anderson would make those guys better. 

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2011, 12:39:06 AM »
imagin a lineup of:
pg anderson
sg harkless
sf polee
pf sampson
c pelle

Very long team, Mase.  Not to mention, a "sick" team, as well.  Anderson would make those guys better. 

its the defense, rebounding, and athleticism that are would be at an elite level. at least hopfully

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2011, 02:06:43 PM »
Now Duke is goin after Anderson, coach K contacted Hurley directly about Kyle...http://stanthony.powermediallc.org/2011/02/07/duke-begins-recruiting-anderson/

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2011, 04:21:08 PM »
Now Duke is goin after Anderson, coach K contacted Hurley directly about Kyle...http://stanthony.powermediallc.org/2011/02/07/duke-begins-recruiting-anderson/
They talk regularly. Coach Hurley asked Coach Krzyzewski to be the one to introduce him for the HOF.

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2011, 06:56:15 PM »
he actually reminds me of Grant Hill a little...maybe because he looks like he is in slow motion but still gets the job done
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

gonzalo

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2011, 04:15:51 AM »
Kyle Anderson´s stats:

13.1 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 3.8 apg, 1.9 spg, 1.3 bpg, .515 fg, .120 3pfg, .621 ft.

http://stanthony.powermediallc.org/download/Cumulative%20Stats.pdf

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2011, 11:02:19 AM »
As of last night, Kyle said no Duke coach had contacted him.

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 11:42:48 AM »
he actually reminds me of Grant Hill a little...maybe because he looks like he is in slow motion but still gets the job done

38 year old, 3 ankle surgery Grant Hill.

Duke Grant hill and pre injury Hill was explosive.