Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

boo3

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1080 on: August 28, 2011, 10:40:52 AM »
 I watched for about 20 minutes.  I was impressed by his passing and court vision.   It was my first time seeing him.  Of course i read all the accolades but was still impressed after seeing it with my own eyes.   What a luxury it will be to have Kyle passing the ball to our other athletic slashing 2 and 3s.  He's so long as well.  Great in the zone.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #1081 on: August 28, 2011, 10:43:31 AM »
The rumors have been swirling for months now about the possibility of both Shabazz Muhammad (Las Vegas, Nev./Bishop Gorman) and Kyle Anderson (Fairview, N.J./St. Anthony) playing at UCLA. Could all the talk be closer to becoming a reality?

"We're thinking about it a lot," Anderson told FiveStarBasketball.com late Friday. "I mean, we're thinking about it. I don't know how far it will go, but there's definitely a possibility it could happen."

Many recruiting experts have felt that Muhammad -- ESPNU's top ranked recruit in 2012 -- has been a UCLA lean for some time, but getting his signature remains far from a done deal with Arizona, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Memphis and hometown UNLV still heavily in pursuit.

The No. 5 ranked recruit in 2012, Anderson, at least on paper, would seem to be an even tougher get for Howland. He's a New Jersey native whose best two positions are small forward and point guard, two spots that UCLA already has commitments from in 2012. But Anderson is taking his second unofficial visit to Westwood on Tuesday, and still could choose the Bruins over Saint John's, Seton Hall, Florida and Georgetown.

As per insider.... I really hope this isn't true.

« Reply #1082 on: August 28, 2011, 11:54:19 AM »
The rumors have been swirling for months now about the possibility of both Shabazz Muhammad (Las Vegas, Nev./Bishop Gorman) and Kyle Anderson (Fairview, N.J./St. Anthony) playing at UCLA. Could all the talk be closer to becoming a reality?

"We're thinking about it a lot," Anderson told FiveStarBasketball.com late Friday. "I mean, we're thinking about it. I don't know how far it will go, but there's definitely a possibility it could happen."

Many recruiting experts have felt that Muhammad -- ESPNU's top ranked recruit in 2012 -- has been a UCLA lean for some time, but getting his signature remains far from a done deal with Arizona, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Memphis and hometown UNLV still heavily in pursuit.

The No. 5 ranked recruit in 2012, Anderson, at least on paper, would seem to be an even tougher get for Howland. He's a New Jersey native whose best two positions are small forward and point guard, two spots that UCLA already has commitments from in 2012. But Anderson is taking his second unofficial visit to Westwood on Tuesday, and still could choose the Bruins over Saint John's, Seton Hall, Florida and Georgetown.

As per insider.... I really hope this isn't true.

Go back a couple of pages and read what some have said about that particular topic.

« Reply #1083 on: August 28, 2011, 12:21:16 PM »
Insider is just repeating what was said in other reports. Thats what that column does.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #1084 on: August 28, 2011, 01:25:38 PM »
Kyle didn't go to the campus...says a lot to me.  I just can't see Kyle heading to UCLA with their depth at pg and his. Family and friends not being able to see his games.

« Reply #1085 on: August 28, 2011, 05:13:24 PM »
Heard a rumor that Kyle's Georgetown visit for Aug. 30 was cancelled. Can anyone confirm that?

Poison

« Reply #1086 on: August 28, 2011, 06:00:47 PM »
I heard a rumor that his trip to the movies to see Planet of the Apes was cancelled last night.

Does anyone have any info as to why?

« Reply #1087 on: August 28, 2011, 07:12:49 PM »
Heard a rumor that Kyle's Georgetown visit for Aug. 30 was cancelled. Can anyone confirm that?

It could be canceled due to him not returning back home 'til Wednesday.  He'll probably reschedule it, if that's the case.

« Reply #1088 on: August 28, 2011, 07:52:49 PM »

It could be canceled due to him not returning back home 'til Wednesday.  He'll probably reschedule it, if that's the case.

Seems logical.

« Reply #1089 on: August 28, 2011, 08:24:04 PM »
The longer he's in LA, the less I like it.

« Reply #1090 on: August 28, 2011, 08:42:59 PM »

LOL  Relax, hoopNUT.  I think we'll be fine.     

« Reply #1091 on: August 28, 2011, 08:43:48 PM »
Here we go:

http://www.bruinsball.com/content/kyle-anderson-leaning-toward-ucla-102/

Sources close to Anderson have indicated, though, that Anderson is leaning toward playing for Ben Howland and the UCLA Bruins at the moment.

Once thought to be a hard pull from the east coast, Anderson said he has no qualms playing as far away from home as California.

"I could see myself out here (in California). Distance is not an issue. It's all about style of play and my history with the coaches," he told C2C Hoops yesterday at the Boost Mobile Elite 24 in Venice Beach, California. Anderson had 18 points and 8 assists and was co-MVP of the event.

Gumby

« Reply #1092 on: August 28, 2011, 09:09:36 PM »
Golly gee!  A bruins hoop site saying that a close source of KA says he is leaning towards UCLA.  I am shocked, especially as KA is now in La La land.

Seriously, KA's comments, or supposed comments, are in keeping with what most recruits state when in a school's vicinity.  It goes with the turf.

While I think UCLA is our main rival for the services of KA, I am not worried.  How does that sound, MJ?

I believe we will win out based on Coach Lavin, his coaching staff, the makeup of the incoming players for the next two years, MSG, Coach's ability to prepare his very skilled players for the NBA, KA's own personality, his ability to be the lightning rod for the St. John's team he will guide for, his playing PG on a talented team, hopefully, for at least two years and location.

KA is fine with saying he can play any where.  And with his rich talents that is so, but he is also a strong family member.  The inability for his parents and other family members to be at his games works against UCLA and UF.  Watching their son and brother on cable is not quite the same as being in MSG and hearing the crowd scream his name repeatedly.  These will probably be the only two years (???) that they will can see KA play on a regular basis before he is off to the pros.

And if that is not enough, I am out here in LA this weekend and the traffic is murder.  Oh, those fumes!

Marillac

« Reply #1093 on: August 28, 2011, 09:19:46 PM »
The kid and his family have not tipped their hand in the slightest.  What did the kid say?  Only that hebcould see himself playing in Cali. I am not worried...he will be wearing red in 3 weeks.

« Reply #1094 on: August 28, 2011, 09:32:59 PM »
Golly gee!  A bruins hoop site saying that a close source of KA says he is leaning towards UCLA.  I am shocked, especially as KA is now in La La land.

Seriously, KA's comments, or supposed comments, are in keeping with what most recruits state when in a school's vicinity.  It goes with the turf.

While I think UCLA is our main rival for the services of KA, I am not worried.  How does that sound, MJ?

I believe we will win out based on Coach Lavin, his coaching staff, the makeup of the incoming players for the next two years, MSG, Coach's ability to prepare his very skilled players for the NBA, KA's own personality, his ability to be the lightning rod for the St. John's team he will guide for, his playing PG on a talented team, hopefully, for at least two years and location.

KA is fine with saying he can play any where.  And with his rich talents that is so, but he is also a strong family member.  The inability for his parents and other family members to be at his games works against UCLA and UF.  Watching their son and brother on cable is not quite the same as being in MSG and hearing the crowd scream his name repeatedly.  These will probably be the only two years (???) that they will can see KA play on a regular basis before he is off to the pros.

And if that is not enough, I am out here in LA this weekend and the traffic is murder.  Oh, those fumes!

LOL (laughing at your post, Gumby)  Quite frankly, that particular link posted by hoopNUT didn't alarm me for some reason.  Why?  I don't know.  It just didn't.  Maybe, the source is on the money about the supposed lean towards UCLA.  Heck!  A couple of weeks ago, there was a post mentioning a third party source saying, UF was in prime position to nab Anderson or something to that nature.  Who knows!?!

Kids can be fickle and change their minds like most people change their underwear.  I still think he knows where he wanna attend college.  Could he change his mind from now 'til September 20th?  Sure!  That could possibly happen.  I guess I feel in the end he'll make the decision to attend St. John's.  September 20th can't get here quick enough.

By the way, that sounded rather good, Gumby!  LOL   

EDIT:  The writer of the blog mentioned there wasn't any plans set up to visit the remaining schools on Anderson's list (with the exception of Florida).  He's wrong on that one.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 09:47:33 PM by mjdinkins »

Moose

« Reply #1095 on: August 28, 2011, 09:57:10 PM »

Heard of Irene?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1096 on: August 28, 2011, 10:04:05 PM »
2 more days to soak up the LA scene. It may be making an impression on him. It may not. But he's getting a long look at how life out there would be. Being a UCLA Bruin might have some perks in that town.

« Reply #1097 on: August 28, 2011, 10:09:31 PM »
I'm not worried...it's an awfully long way from home.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #1098 on: August 28, 2011, 11:41:55 PM »
Location has never been "a factor" in his recruitment. Kyle will play this close to the vest. I tried to ask him about it back in April about playing in front of his family and how much that would play a factor in his college decision.

Kyle Anderson Hoop Group Pitt Jam Fest

« Reply #1099 on: August 28, 2011, 11:47:34 PM »
Also who hasn't gone on vacation and been like, "wow this place is great" then by the end you're happy to be home. I wouldn't sweat it and if it turned out he went there that's great for him. Any of his final choices outside of Seton Hall in my opinion would be fine choices for him.

Looking at basketball exclusively, pairing him up with the current roster at St. John's, the style of play, and Big East/NYC media, I just couldn't make a case for any other school being a better fit. He's a great kid and I'd root for him to succeed no matter what.