Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

MCNPA

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1160 on: August 31, 2011, 11:09:29 AM »
Clearly Fordham, as it should be.  Lavin has a good record behind him.  What he took a lot of care in this time around was to make sure he had a staff built to succeed from the top down.  Great CEO's hire great people to run their companies as it is the backbone of success.  This model is not so different.  I applaud him for surrounding himself with such great and talented coaches.  The gang-tackle approach works and for good reason.  Hopefully KA sees how this program is rocketing to the top and wants to be a part of it.  I still think he will despite the latest UCLA hype.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:10:55 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #1161 on: August 31, 2011, 11:27:16 AM »
Per Zags....

Kyle Anderson`s St. John`s visit has been pushed to middle of next week, source tells SNY.tv. SHU on for tomorrow.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamZagoria/status/108922525517492224

That's fine....  We'll be the second to last visit.

« Reply #1162 on: August 31, 2011, 11:39:12 AM »
Per Zags....

Kyle Anderson`s St. John`s visit has been pushed to middle of next week, source tells SNY.tv. SHU on for tomorrow.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamZagoria/status/108922525517492224

That's fine....  We'll be the second to last visit.

I actually think that is great news.  And the entire team will be on campus by then.

NYCoffey

« Reply #1163 on: August 31, 2011, 11:45:38 AM »
I think Georgetown is going to be on Sept 6th according to this twitter so they will be 2nd to last.

CasualHoya Casual Hoya
Kyle Anderson to Visit Georgetown on September 6th sbn.to/nzFtcL

http://twitter.com/#!/CasualHoya

« Reply #1164 on: August 31, 2011, 11:47:10 AM »
BTW-For our sake I hope this is not the same "source" that told him SJU and UCLA were standing out last week.

Because our Georgetown friends told us that he basically invents stuff or just pulls stuff from other boards thus this is very well may niot be true. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 11:51:23 AM by fordham96 »

« Reply #1165 on: August 31, 2011, 11:48:31 AM »
I think Georgetown is going to be on Sept 6th according to this twitter so they will be 2nd to last.

CasualHoya Casual Hoya
Kyle Anderson to Visit Georgetown on September 6th sbn.to/nzFtcL

http://twitter.com/#!/CasualHoya

The middle of the week is usually considered Wednesday, so I believe that would place the Johnnies second to last.

« Reply #1166 on: August 31, 2011, 11:50:12 AM »
BTW-For our sake I hope this is not the same "source" that told him SJU and UCLA were standing out last week.

Because our Georgetown fans told us that he basically invents stuff or just pulls stuff from other boards thus this is very well may niot be true. 

LOL  Hopefully, it's true, as that would certainly place all of the incoming class on campus by the time he visits (as, you mentioned).

pmg911

« Reply #1167 on: August 31, 2011, 11:56:06 AM »
Fordham - I know you are being sarcastic but don't make it seem like Zags Blog is not just a rumor mill for College Hoops most of the time.

« Reply #1168 on: August 31, 2011, 12:00:09 PM »
If true, this is great news.  The campus will be full of energy by next week and it gives the team some time to get comfortable with their new surroundings.  It's all to the benefit that KA has the best experience possible.

« Reply #1169 on: August 31, 2011, 12:04:46 PM »
Kyle Anderson SJU visit moved to Wed so both parents can attend. SHU tomorrow, Gtown Tues, SJU Wed.

Per Zags.  :)

« Reply #1170 on: August 31, 2011, 12:06:17 PM »
Dave,

Is he still scheduled to be on campus Friday?

No his entire schedule is pushed back
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1171 on: August 31, 2011, 12:07:28 PM »
Fordham - I know you are being sarcastic but don't make it seem like Zags Blog is not just a rumor mill for College Hoops most of the time.

I agree with PMG

« Reply #1172 on: August 31, 2011, 12:09:17 PM »
Kyle Anderson SJU visit moved to Wed so both parents can attend. SHU tomorrow, Gtown Tues, SJU Wed.

Per Zags.  :)

Here is the link to the news 04 recently posted....

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamZagoria/status/108933036590108672

« Reply #1173 on: August 31, 2011, 12:10:19 PM »
It would have been nice to get KA on campus on a Friday because of the weekend....1st weekend of school. It would have been big time party.

However they should definitely try to get him there on a Tues/Thurs so he can see common hour where everyone will be hanging outside on campus. Definitely my favorite time of the year at St. John's. Scenery is NICE.

« Reply #1174 on: August 31, 2011, 12:20:00 PM »

If you know I am being sarcastic then don't tell me what I need to know.

And I already know you are a rumor mill yourself as well as who you are really rooting for.

But I am sure you will tell us that Kamari to Okie St stinks, I am sure every blogger will pick up that inference and run with it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 12:22:59 PM by fordham96 »

Moose

« Reply #1175 on: August 31, 2011, 12:28:58 PM »

I agree with PMG

The world must be coming to an end :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1176 on: August 31, 2011, 12:41:25 PM »
Let me add that pmg thinks that a player like Kamari Murphy, good player mind you but a player ranked in the 100-150 range by most publications, smells because he chose Okie St (a large state school who has been to several NCAA Tourney's in recent memory including a lot of success under Eddie Sutton).

That is a shock but apparently the no. 3 player in the country choosing SHU over UCLA, Florida, Georgetown and SJU is not a shock at all.  Seton Hall which has done exactly what the last decade.... Seton Hall has landed exactly what consensus top 100 player recently?

But let's get to the point at hand.  I am only referring to Kyle Anderson.  Jerry Meyer of Rivals says he talked to Kyle's father for a good length of time and said that SJU and UCLA seemed to be running neck and neck.  We know Zags talks to Kyle's father since he in article after article quotes him directly.  Not only that but how in the world did he scoop everyone else on the visits and the change in the G-town and SJU visits if he does not have direct access to the family?

So with that established knowledge, when Zags posts that a source close to Kyle says that UCLA and SJU are standing out don't you think he actually has a source, considering who PUBLICALLY has gone on record with Zags prior to that tweet?

This has nothing to do with previous things Zags may have written or gotten wrong before.  You maybe right.  But let's be clear, he knows the family and talks to them.  It does not take a genius to figure out that he did not make up that tweet.

The Hoya fans were CHOOSING not to believe him because what he tweeted did not suite their liking, so they invent some reason to not believe it.  If you look at my logic, it is pretty hard to argue with it.  And that is the point.  Because if you choose to think that Zags invented that tweet before, then I am sure Hoya fans will question is tweet about changing Gtown's visit from this week until next.  I mean how could he have gotten that info but been wrong on his previous tweet????  Kind of hard to square those two thoughts, no?

I am finished here.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 12:42:14 PM by fordham96 »

pmg911

« Reply #1177 on: August 31, 2011, 12:54:39 PM »
Fordham - you are at the very least predictible.

Comparing Murph to OSU and KA to SHU is not fair for the sole reason that SHU is the home state school in this race. They are/have become the long shot though.

That being said, I have said I had a gut feeling that Kyle was going to shock people and sign with SHU and I still do. As a SJU fan I hope I am wrong but like I have said, in the end I think he will want to play as close to his Father as possible. That is the ONLY reason I think he picks SHU.

« Reply #1178 on: August 31, 2011, 01:05:01 PM »
Anderson Set to Visit Seton Hall, St. John’s

By Adam Zagoria on August 31, 2011, 10:11AM

Kyle Anderson finally made it home to the East Coast from Los Angeles Tuesday night.

Now he’s set to visit Seton Hall Thursday and St. John’s Friday in two unofficial visits that could prove critical in his decision.

The 6-foot-8 Anderson will choose from among those two area schools, Georgetown, Florida and UCLA on Sept. 20.

Hall of Fame St. Anthony coach Bob Hurley broke down the two local schools Wednesday morning during a phone interview with SNY.tv.

“I think with Seton Hall, he’s a teammate of Fuquan [Edwin] from high school [Paterson Catholic], so there’s a connection there,” said Hurley, whose team went undefeated and won the mythical national championship last season. “And I think the family feels right now that he’s developed into such a good player that even at a school whose talent pool isn’t quite what it was, he can still go there and help the team to win.

“I think Seton Hall even though people can criticize the roster for not being so strong because some of the names are not local kids, I think he can go in there and, because he’s such a good player, he can do things to make other players better.”

Seton Hall coach Kevin Willard worked extremely hard all summer, following Anderson throughout the AAU circuit. He knows that in addition to pure talent, Anderson is exactly what Seton Hall needs to reverse the negative perception it has accumulated in the recent past.

Anderson is a Bob Hurley kid, a high-character kid. He’s a member of the Playaz Basketball Club. He played at Paterson Catholic. And he’s piled up a slew of MVP awards this summer at the highest level.

“All summer long his teams have won,” Hurley said. “Whether he played for St. Anthony’s or whether he played for the Playaz, they won. And when it comes down to it at the end of games, he makes plays. And you want somebody to give you statistics, but you also want a performance that counts. And that’s what he really does.”

If Anderson were to pull the trigger for Seton Hall, their 2012-13 starting lineup could look like this:

PG – Kyle Anderson

SG – Aaron Cosby / Haralds Karlis / Sean Grennan

SF – Fuquan Edwin / Brian Oliver / Patrik Auda

PF – Raymon Austin / Brandon Mobley

C – Gene Teague / Kevin Johnson (assuming Johnson qualifies)

While Seton Hall is in Anderson’s home state of Jersey, St. John’s is in New York and plays in Madison Square Garden. Keep in mind that Anderson’s mother, Suzanne, lives in Harlem.

Anderson is also well aware of the nationally-ranked recruiting class head coach Steve Lavin has brought in for this year.

“It’s close to home,” Anderson said of St. John’s by phone from California. “Coach Lavin is a great coach so I’ll be playing for a great staff. The incoming freshmen are coming in this year that will be sophomores in the Big East.”

Hurley also pointed to St. John’s incoming trove of talent as a motivating factor.

“With St. John’s, the roster’s terrific,” he said. “So he can go in there and play with players, their wings. Their guys at the 2, 3, 4 are really talented. To have finishers all around him, guys would be able to finish all the passes that he makes and he could really settle in there and just try to stir the drink.”

Here’s how St. John’s 2012-13 roster could look with Anderson:

PG – Kyle Anderson / Phil Greene

SG – Nurideen Lindsey / D’Angelo Harrison / Darrick Wood

SF – Maurice Harkless / Amir Garrett / Sir’Dominic Pointer

PF – Ricardo Gathers / God’sGift Achiuwa / JaKarr Sampson

C – Norvel Pelle

After the Seton Hall and St. John’s visits, Anderson takes an unofficial to Georgetown Tuesday and then an official to Florida Sept. 16.

Hurley said he believes Anderson remains “open.”

“I think he’s open to things and it’s going to happen and I don’t think anybody’s fretting over this, which is terrific,” Hurley said. “He’s acting like any other high school senior getting ready for the beginning of school.

“He finished an unbelievable summer and he’s getting ready now to help to lead us during the season.”

New article from Zags. Just looking at Seton Hall's and St. John's rosters laid out like that is funny. It's like night and day.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/08/31/anderson-set-to-visit-seton-hall-st-johns/

It is utterly ridiculous looking at those rosters...The Johnnies have guys listed "3rd" on the depth chart in Pointer and Sampson that would start on most Big East teams

« Reply #1179 on: August 31, 2011, 01:41:50 PM »
Since we're going off topic, how about them yankees?

Ok back on topic please....