Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies
Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #1980 on: September 16, 2011, 12:17:03 AM »
Can't believe how nonchalant your board is about all the news of the day.  First 3 of your top recruits are ineligible ...then there is all this smoke about Kyle going to ucla.  I commend you guys for being so calm....but after a 100 page thread...thought there'd be more concern/ disappointment. 

I for one didn't think Kyle would be lured from the BE....if I were a betting man, I'd say he's gone.

It wasn't a shock for anyone who is a part of the community here. Everyone knew there was a chance of this happening so it's not that big of a deal. Regardless this place is usually pretty level headed with things.

As for Kyle to UCLA what is this the 4th report in 4 days of him going to one school or another? This one may have most weight but you'll know in a few days for sure from him.

In other news I was drinking some beers with Phil Wait the other day at a Monmouth bar. He's a far better drinker than a basketball player.

Dave, I think he expected to come here and it would be total chaos in here.  I find this poster as another passive-aggressive one.  I know you like to welcome posters with open arms, but my detector is starting to go off on this one.

Quite frankly, I've also noticed Dan to pop up during bad times.  I don't understand folks who call themselves fans, but they are only around when things are going bad.  There is a fan or two like Dan on each board of my respective teams.  I also believe he was stirring up trouble during one of the Johnnies games during last season over on Redmen.

It's cool to post, as Dave stated.  But, it's mighty odd someone like Dan only shows up when things aren't going smoothly. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 12:17:35 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #1981 on: September 16, 2011, 08:43:12 AM »
My brother reads the G'town board, it's a premium site. Strong evidence on there showing he's going to UCLA, including Kyle Sr. rocking a UCLA jacket recently. Grain of salt I guess, but signs aren't pointing here anymore.

« Reply #1982 on: September 16, 2011, 08:52:15 AM »
Can't believe how nonchalant your board is about all the news of the day.  First 3 of your top recruits are ineligible ...then there is all this smoke about Kyle going to ucla.  I commend you guys for being so calm....but after a 100 page thread...thought there'd be more concern/ disappointment. 

I for one didn't think Kyle would be lured from the BE....if I were a betting man, I'd say he's gone.

It wasn't a shock for anyone who is a part of the community here. Everyone knew there was a chance of this happening so it's not that big of a deal. Regardless this place is usually pretty level headed with things.

As for Kyle to UCLA what is this the 4th report in 4 days of him going to one school or another? This one may have most weight but you'll know in a few days for sure from him.

In other news I was drinking some beers with Phil Wait the other day at a Monmouth bar. He's a far better drinker than a basketball player.

Dave, I think he expected to come here and it would be total chaos in here.  I find this poster as another passive-aggressive one.  I know you like to welcome posters with open arms, but my detector is starting to go off on this one.

Quite frankly, I've also noticed Dan to pop up during bad times.  I don't understand folks who call themselves fans, but they are only around when things are going bad.  There is a fan or two like Dan on each board of my respective teams.  I also believe he was stirring up trouble during one of the Johnnies games during last season over on Redmen.

It's cool to post, as Dave stated.  But, it's mighty odd someone like Dan only shows up when things aren't going smoothly.

I'm, not saying that this specific poster is correct in their information regarding Anderson, but my personal experiences in the past have been that when-ever a fan of their respective rooting team gives their honest opinion of something regarding that said team, and that information isn't positive than all of a sudden they're considered to be trolls or not true fans if their not drinking the Kool-Aid too and that's just not the case at all.  The truth is not always positive so sometimes we have to deal with the reality of that possibility as well.  Like on every fan message board, the Kool-Aid drinkers rule the roost, and the Kool-Aid drinkers are one sided thinkers who like to put a positive spin on everything (true or not true in their opinion).

Like in any company, organization, sports team etc. the first thing you have to do in order to correct something or get an accurate handle on anything is to recognize the situation that exists in an accurate viewpoint first and foremost.  You don't spin or dream or overrate your way to the top, because it just doesn't work that way.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 08:59:13 AM by Lapchick1 »

Moose

« Reply #1983 on: September 16, 2011, 08:53:21 AM »
My brother reads the G'town board, it's a premium site. Strong evidence on there showing he's going to UCLA, including Kyle Sr. rocking a UCLA jacket recently. Grain of salt I guess, but signs aren't pointing here anymore.

I recall Jordan Henriquez wearing STJ schwag and 2 days later he committed to K-State.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1984 on: September 16, 2011, 10:23:24 AM »

MJ - I know u love the word "clown," "clownin'," etc., so here's the term used to describe these clowns: "College Schadenfreuders!"  These miscreants (I will keep using that term from my own arsenal) do not really support any one team, but rather get off on any other college teams' misfortune.  It truly is an illness in my book.  Fwiw, I'd dump 'em all in the Hudson River (or Potomac for that matter w/ their politician friends.)

« Reply #1985 on: September 16, 2011, 10:26:42 AM »
I can live with Anderson going to UCLA.    They'll have a lot of talent around him and a good coach.

If he goes to Seton Hall over St. John's, I'll be sick to my stomach

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #1986 on: September 16, 2011, 12:07:19 PM »
I'd be shocked if he chooses St. John's now.

« Reply #1987 on: September 16, 2011, 12:11:40 PM »
I'd be shocked if he chooses St. John's now.
how many volts can you handle?  :D

« Reply #1988 on: September 16, 2011, 01:15:42 PM »

I recall Jordan Henriquez wearing STJ schwag and 2 days later he committed to K-State.

dozens of prospects wore stj schwag under the past regime...and all we got was phil wait.

the bad karma surrounding the program will change as soon as the balls start bouncing again.

« Reply #1989 on: September 16, 2011, 01:51:46 PM »
Adam Zagoria
Kevin Willard's home visit with @KyleAnderson5 is Monday night, not Sunday.

Isn't that a bit late considering Kyle said he was gonna make his decision on that day and announce it on Tuesday?

« Reply #1990 on: September 16, 2011, 02:07:27 PM »
Adam Zagoria

Isn't that a bit late considering Kyle said he was gonna make his decision on that day and announce it on Tuesday?

The in-home with Seton Hall was scheduled the day he set up in-home visits with UCLA and Florida.  Yeah, it's kinda late, but he may give their staff a "yay" or "nay" that night. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:07:51 PM by mjdinkins »

Moose

« Reply #1991 on: September 16, 2011, 02:42:04 PM »
Adam Zagoria

I thought it was the 18th also.

« Reply #1992 on: September 16, 2011, 02:46:02 PM »
Adam Zagoria

You're right!  It was supposed to be the 18th.  Maybe, Zags initially had the wrong visit date.  Who knows!?!  Just a few more days, folks. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:47:04 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #1993 on: September 16, 2011, 02:47:41 PM »
Adam Zagoria

I think it was as well but my guess is he is scheduled to fly home from Florida on the 18th and so it might not be feasible to do both.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 02:48:18 PM by fordham96 »

Gumby

« Reply #1994 on: September 16, 2011, 06:16:32 PM »
I was wondering how KA and his family were going to have a HV on 9/18 after being in FL for two days and flying home on the 18th. 

I guess we did not make the cut, HV-wise.  I still would like one on 9/20.

Moose

« Reply #1995 on: September 16, 2011, 07:00:34 PM »
I was wondering how KA and his family were going to have a HV on 9/18 after being in FL for two days and flying home on the 18th. 

He has said he will decide on night of 19th and announce on 20th.  So probably not happening.

Gumby

« Reply #1996 on: September 16, 2011, 07:44:56 PM »

He has said he will decide on night of 19th and announce on 20th.  So probably not happening.

I know.  My reference to a 9/20 HV was meant that KA was going to announce for St. John's.  I still believe in Coach Lavin.

Moose

« Reply #1997 on: September 16, 2011, 07:56:25 PM »

I know.  My reference to a 9/20 HV was meant that KA was going to announce for St. John's.  I still believe in Coach Lavin.

I know. I felt that way prior to yesterday.

« Reply #1998 on: September 16, 2011, 08:05:13 PM »

I know. I felt that way prior to yesterday.
Nate Blue stills believes in coach as of yesterday....

@Nateblueis4real rick apodaca sent a tweet congratulating kyle anderson on picking UCLA...is this premature? id like to believe it is #stjbb

http://twitter.com/#!/bruuuuusca/status/114390841937772544

« Reply #1999 on: September 16, 2011, 08:06:06 PM »
It's coming up for Kyle...yessir