Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ - UCLA

• 2498 replies

Gumby

Re: Kyle Anderson - F - St. Anthony's - Paterson, NJ
« Reply #2020 on: September 17, 2011, 12:41:53 AM »
Moose and Dave,

Perk up, we just hit a recruiting speed bump. The good news on Tuesday will cheer you up.

It still comes down to Coach Lavin, Rico, MSG, Mom, FF possibilities within 2 years, and location, location, location!

My Coach Lavin bobblehead has never been wrong.

MJ, as you can see, I graduated from the "Stop Worrying School".  No it was not associated with Rise College.

Everybody, Tuesday night, my place.  Make a right when you get to NM!  Look for the 25' Coach Lavin mock bobblehead doll in the middle of the Sonoran Desert.  You cannot miss it.

In Coach Lavin we trust!!!

dR3w

« Reply #2021 on: September 17, 2011, 12:00:37 PM »
Ouch - Moose doesn't think KA is coming to St. John's anymore??? 

I think he's really a SHU fan1 :)

lihoop

« Reply #2022 on: September 17, 2011, 12:31:01 PM »
keep the good vibes coming Gumby

lihoop

« Reply #2023 on: September 17, 2011, 12:37:08 PM »
I officiated a scimmage for Dunlap was coaching at Metro State years ago and the man is a great teacher of the game.
I can only imagine what Keady, Rico, Hicks and Lavin bring to the table - this staff is amazing.  If KA comes here he will be ready.

« Reply #2024 on: September 17, 2011, 04:46:32 PM »
I officiated a scimmage for Dunlap was coaching at Metro State years ago and the man is a great teacher of the game.
I can only imagine what Keady, Rico, Hicks and Lavin bring to the table - this staff is amazing.  If KA comes here he will be ready.

With the (3) ineligible players and the possibility of Anderson going elsewhere (I'm guessing it's Ucla or don't count out Florida), that leaves SJU {4} possible players short AGAIN going into next season/2012-2013 season (2 seasons in a row).  Lavin and his staff need to start hitting the recruiting trail again hard & heavy JUST IN CASE one or more of the three currently ineligible players fail to qualify and never end up coming here (imo).  You have to have a BACK-UP PLAN.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 04:48:37 PM by Lapchick1 »

boo3

« Reply #2025 on: September 17, 2011, 04:48:31 PM »
 Our coaching staff gets paid a lot of money.  They know, full well, what they have to do moving forward.  I'm not worried about Lavin and Co. having to go out and find more talent.  It is what they do.

« Reply #2026 on: September 17, 2011, 04:51:49 PM »
Our coaching staff gets paid a lot of money.  They know, full well, what they have to do moving forward.  I'm not worried about Lavin and Co. having to go out and find more talent.  It is what they do.

I agree that I'm not worried about them eventually finding suitable players (won't most likely be as good/talented though as Pelle, Garrett & Sampson), but I am starting to worry if they'll be QUALIFIERS as well?

« Reply #2027 on: September 17, 2011, 05:02:23 PM »

I agree that I'm not worried about them eventually finding suitable players (won't most likely be as good/talented though as Pelle, Garrett & Sampson), but I am starting to worry if they'll be QUALIFIERS as well?

Relax, the plan is to have all 3 back soon and I believe they will. In a short amount of time last year, Lavin brought in 6 top 100 players and 2 all star Jucos, he would have no problem bringing in 4 top level guys this year. In fact it would be easier because of the other talent that will already be here. How ever, hopefully its just 1 more player that he will need to recruit

Gumby

« Reply #2028 on: September 17, 2011, 06:02:42 PM »
Folks,

How about we get back to using this site for KA material with three days left? We already have another site for material on the three freshmen.

Moose

« Reply #2029 on: September 17, 2011, 06:35:20 PM »
Folks,

How about we get back to using this site for KA material with three days left? We already have another site for material on the three freshmen.

So says the guy who talks to his Lavin bobblehead :)
Remember who broke the Slice news

Dan

« Reply #2030 on: September 17, 2011, 06:43:57 PM »
Hopefully it's just Bruins fans blowing smoke, this would really be an amazing get.

« Reply #2031 on: September 17, 2011, 08:22:54 PM »
Can someone with access to Rivals tell us what this article called "Compelling Kyle Anderson commitment theory" says?

http://stjohns.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=1171&script=showmsg.asp&cid=&fid=2305&tid=162998670&mid=162998670&rid=

Moose

« Reply #2032 on: September 17, 2011, 08:29:54 PM »
Can someone with access to Rivals tell us what this article called "Compelling Kyle Anderson commitment theory" says?

http://stjohns.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=1171&script=showmsg.asp&cid=&fid=2305&tid=162998670&mid=162998670&rid=

Says we had him but dropped the ball.  Wingate got it from someone who used to work at Hall.   Also said this which makes no sense to me and has me scratching my head.

The source also said that a connection between Seton Hall, the Nets owner and NBA aspirations is also a motivating factor.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #2033 on: September 17, 2011, 08:55:06 PM »

Says we had him but dropped the ball.  Wingate got it from someone who used to work at Hall.   Also said this which makes no sense to me and has me scratching my head.

The source also said that a connection between Seton Hall, the Nets owner and NBA aspirations is also a motivating factor.

Well the nets are going to have a lot of lottery balls the next several years so maybe he is saying he will draft kyle with a top pick. lol

crgreen

« Reply #2034 on: September 17, 2011, 09:22:09 PM »

Just a reminder - remember those "no talent assistant coaches who were only hired because they were buddies of Lavin"  that Steve had at UCLA when he was fired?  One of them was Gerald Madkins - he's now the VP of Player Personell for the New Orleans Hornets.  Chris Paul and Kyle Anderson would be a nice backcourt someday  :)

« Reply #2035 on: September 17, 2011, 09:51:39 PM »
Says we had him but dropped the ball.
                                                                                                                                                                                                  It may or may not be true, but I believe that to be the case.   I've had that belief since the beginning of the week (days before the news of our recruits came out).

mkras99

« Reply #2036 on: September 17, 2011, 09:58:58 PM »
How would you say we dropped the ball dink?

« Reply #2037 on: September 17, 2011, 10:08:51 PM »
                                                                                                                                                  I don't know, if we necessarily dropped the ball, per se'.  But, I have a hunch we were once in the driver's seat for Anderson.  I don't believe we are at this point.  I could be wrong, but my instincts tell me differently.  I've thought this since the first part of the week.  Hopefully, I'm wrong on this. 

Gumby

« Reply #2038 on: September 17, 2011, 10:28:41 PM »
It is not that strange for some of us to second guest our original beliefs that KA was coming to St. John's.

We have been inundated the past week to ten days with all of the SHU and UCLA stuff, as well as some UF materail.  Mix in the news of the three ineligible freshmen!  Thus the feeling of some that the "ball has been dropped".  No it has not!

During that same time we have not had much KA-St. John's love in the news to bask in.

It still comes down to Coach Lavin and KA being on the same page.

Never the less, be prepared for great news on Tuesday.

« Reply #2039 on: September 17, 2011, 10:29:54 PM »
                                                                                                                                                  I don't know, if we necessarily dropped the ball, per se'.  But, I have a hunch we were once in the driver's seat for Anderson.  I don't believe we are at this point.  I could be wrong, but my instincts tell me differently.  I've thought this since the first part of the week.  Hopefully, I'm wrong on this.

What school do you think is in the lead for him now? SHU or UCLA?