Re: Mason Jr. Injury
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 08:26:42 AM »
bruised calf

nothing serious

he should bruise it every game :)

kob24

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 04:56:42 PM »
thats messed up pioson. the freshmen did play well its a big moral booster for them all. they won that game by themselves. with the help of that sophmore.um whats his name  oh yeah LARRY RIGHT

Tha Kid

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 09:10:27 AM »
yeah the problem is not Mase...the problem is Norm simply doesnt play Wright and Boothe enough!  If he plays the 2 frosh as much as he did against USF, with Justin playin the whole game, then you would be very pleased with Mase out there, I'm willin' to bet on it.
"I drink and I know things"

pmg911

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 11:17:35 AM »
yeah the problem is not Mase...the problem is Norm simply doesnt play Wright and Boothe enough!  If he plays the 2 frosh as much as he did against USF, with Justin playin the whole game, then you would be very pleased with Mase out there, I'm willin' to bet on it.

I disagree..

I think Mason is OVER RATED and selfish...   the team has clearly played much better team basketball when he is not on the court...     

Tha Kid

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2008, 11:31:11 AM »

I disagree..

I think Mason is OVER RATED and selfish...   the team has clearly played much better team basketball when he is not on the court...     

Mase makes good passes when he wants to --- don't you think its at least a POSSIBLE theory, PMG, that he will work better in the team offense if Wright is out there who he has to have more confidence in as an option than DJ?  I'm not saying Mase will def play better team ball, but its certainly possible he feels less need to shoulder most of the offensive load...

pmg911

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 12:16:45 PM »

I disagree..

Mase makes good passes when he wants to --- don't you think its at least a POSSIBLE theory, PMG, that he will work better in the team offense if Wright is out there who he has to have more confidence in as an option than DJ?  I'm not saying Mase will def play better team ball, but its certainly possible he feels less need to shoulder most of the offensive load...

I really believe the kid thinks its HIS team and he is and always should be the focus of the offense...

He is a good player. . not great and by no means should he ever be the focus of a team...

I think he could be a good player..     but that would have to be within a good offensive scheme. .    and that is a discussion for another htread...

Mason is playing this year like a selfish player and I don't see it changing...

Tha Kid

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2008, 12:28:36 PM »

I disagree..

I really believe the kid thinks its HIS team and he is and always should be the focus of the offense...

He is a good player. . not great and by no means should he ever be the focus of a team...

I think he could be a good player..     but that would have to be within a good offensive scheme. .    and that is a discussion for another htread...

Mason is playing this year like a selfish player and I don't see it changing...

regardless of that, dont you think its weird we hardly ever see Mase and Wright on the floor together?  Like by this point in the season shouldn't we be able to definitively say whether Mase plays any differently than Wright than have to guess like we are.... ???
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 12:29:25 PM by Tha Kid »

kob24

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2008, 12:39:45 PM »
whats crazy is that the young ones buy into norms offense better than the juniors or seniors. i think mase is needed but he has to get better shot selection.

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2008, 02:48:13 PM »
I think Mason is very good player and no one is calling him a superstar so how is he overrated? I think people tend to over exaggerate him being a ball hog because he shows agressiveness to create his own shot something we haven't seen from anyone on this team since Hatten. Mason's assists are at an all time high this year I believe and he makes some awesome passes but he also has the confidence to take the load which is something I don't mind.

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle