Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA

• 1080 replies
Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #440 on: September 24, 2011, 02:10:02 PM »
Why Pelle has been moved to 2012 class?

Best guess based on available information.  Article mentions he will spend all year at prep

Is there a 2nd article?  The Zags article said:

A source close to the Phelps School admission process confirmed that Pelle was on campus there Thursday.

“He’s as good as enrolled,” the source told SNY.tv, confirming news first reported by Keith Pompey of Philly.com.

The source said he was still under the impression that Pelle wanted to attend St. John’s, but it was unclear when he might become eligible.

“If something happens between now and January and he can be in college for the second semester we’ll certainly help him get there,” the source said.

I use the term "article" lightly in this case...It was a blurb from philly.com.

"The source said Pelle will spend a year at the boarding school in Malvern and play for its post-graduate team."

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/St-Johns-recruit-enrolls-at-Phelps-School.html#ixzz1YtWqPYzW
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #441 on: September 24, 2011, 02:29:36 PM »
We can most likely forget both Pelle & Sampson, what a mistake to recruit both of them (imo) in hindsight because now we're left with a small future lineup with no OTHER bigtime Centers or PF's to secure commitments from that we have a good shot at signing (imo) in regard to the current 2012 class.  Lavin and his staff are basically handcuffed going forward (imo) for the next potential two seasons.

Garett sounds like he might come here still though (good chance).  To lose one bigtime recruit to NCAA academic requirements hurts let alone potentially two or even perhaps three of them.

Read the latest Pelle article today on "Rivals.com" (not good if your a Johnnies fan), he could be heading eventually to San Diego State.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 02:39:40 PM by Lapchick1 »

gman

« Reply #442 on: September 24, 2011, 02:49:45 PM »

Read the latest Pelle article today on "Rivals.com" (not good if your a Johnnies fan), he could be heading eventually to San Diego State.

That article was bogus.  Go back and read the more recent Zags article.

« Reply #443 on: September 24, 2011, 03:29:02 PM »

How do we know what article is bogus and what one isn't?  This at the very best does not sound too encouraging for S. John's fans that Pelle looking elsewhere too.  Lavin needs to get back to work recruiting other Centers/PF's immediately/ASAP in the 2012 class.  We can forget this year, I don't think we'll see either Pelle or Sampson on the St. John's BB court playing for the Johnnies.

Moose

« Reply #444 on: September 24, 2011, 03:46:38 PM »

How do we know what article is bogus and what one isn't?  This at the very best does not sound too encouraging for S. John's fans that Pelle looking elsewhere too.  Lavin needs to get back to work recruiting other Centers/PF's immediately/ASAP in the 2012 class.  We can forget this year, I don't think we'll see either Pelle or Sampson on the St. John's BB court playing for the Johnnies.

Because if your following the thread the Zags article had quotes from his sister disputing and Pelle on his twitter disputed.  In fact the sister called the quotes 'lies'.
Remember who broke the Slice news

gman

« Reply #445 on: September 24, 2011, 03:59:39 PM »

Go read it and then come back and tell me what you think.

SJUFAN

« Reply #446 on: September 26, 2011, 02:35:19 AM »

"The source said Pelle will spend a year at the boarding school in Malvern and play for its post-graduate team."
[/quote]

I'm not sure if this is accurate. Pelle does not need to do an entire year.  All three just needed a few classes, which they can complete in the first semester. I still like our chances of landing Pelle. He has not officially decommited, and he is going to prep school on the east coast. If Pelle was considering SDSU, which has been the rumor, why would he be away from family and friends just to go to prep school on the east coast? Doesn't make sense to me. I believe he, along with Amir, are in the mix to join the team in December.

Poison

« Reply #447 on: September 26, 2011, 07:42:03 AM »
Away from family and friends?

I think it's so funny how these recruits get so homesick, and miss their mommy and daddy. It's like their 8, and this ia summer camp for the first time. The kid is at least 18, man up.

Moose

« Reply #448 on: September 26, 2011, 07:50:32 AM »

I think it's so funny how these recruits get so homesick, and miss their mommy and daddy. It's like their 8, and this ia summer camp for the first time. The kid is at least 18, man up.

Wow. Just wow
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #449 on: September 26, 2011, 07:59:47 AM »

You are right... homesick my a$$, it's called a better deal just came down the pike.

MCNPA

« Reply #450 on: September 26, 2011, 08:20:20 AM »
Did I miss something, or is Pelle still on board for SJU as far as we know?  He's prepping out east.  Give him the benefit of the doubt I suppose, until he officially de-commits.  I'd still love to see him work his tail off and be here next fall.

Poison

« Reply #451 on: September 26, 2011, 08:23:59 AM »
He should work his tail off now, get it here by December.

MCNPA

« Reply #452 on: September 26, 2011, 08:53:07 AM »

Just because you want him here doesn't mean it is necessarily an option.  I'm pretty sure all guys would love to be qualified for this entire season if it was an option. 

« Reply #453 on: September 26, 2011, 12:16:35 PM »

You are right... homesick my a$$, it's called a better deal just came down the pike.
You two guys feel a kinship?

Marillac

« Reply #454 on: September 26, 2011, 12:25:46 PM »

You act like he owes you someth g. Grow up and if you are a fan of this program get behind the kids that committed to it.  It sounds like you are challenging these kids to leave. we need this kid.

SJUFAN

« Reply #455 on: September 26, 2011, 12:33:42 PM »

Your missing the point, which is he has other options that may be more favorable. The fact that he choose to prep out east makes me believe that he is still trying to become eligible to suit up for STJ in December. If he needed a full year the staff would not have made him go to Rise in the summer. I think its looking good for him being here in December.

SJUFAN

« Reply #456 on: September 26, 2011, 12:38:40 PM »

You don't think they got paper out west? Its called being in a better position where the staff can help him become eligible by December. Much harder to do if he is out West.

« Reply #457 on: September 29, 2011, 06:19:31 PM »
Why was Norvel moved to 2012, while Amir is still listed as 2011.

I thought they are still both equally (but Amir has vocalized SJU more) possible for Dec 2011 ?
Molloy '71

« Reply #458 on: September 29, 2011, 07:52:55 PM »
Why was Norvel moved to 2012, while Amir is still listed as 2011.

I thought they are still both equally (but Amir has vocalized SJU more) possible for Dec 2011 ?

Nothing definitive has come out but it sure looks like Amir is intent on being here in December.  Mostly based on the blurb in philly.com it appears Pelle will be at the prep school all year.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

ras

« Reply #459 on: September 29, 2011, 07:58:18 PM »
I could live with him being in prep school for a year, as long as hes here next year.