Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA

• 1080 replies

Moose

Re: Norvel Pelle - C - Price High School - Long Beach, CA - IONA
« Reply #1000 on: August 24, 2012, 02:52:51 PM »
Alot of haters here

What did you expect?

* By the way what HS will it announce him from? Phelps? @damn_norvel or whatever his Twitter name is?  Still don't know what his last 'school' was.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 02:54:07 PM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1001 on: August 24, 2012, 03:13:51 PM »
Get back to us after the first semester.

« Reply #1002 on: August 24, 2012, 03:16:06 PM »
Alot of haters here

What did you expect?

* By the way what HS will it announce him from? Phelps? @damn_norvel or whatever his Twitter name is?  Still don't know what his last 'school' was.

Apex Tech Online School

« Reply #1003 on: August 24, 2012, 06:00:36 PM »
No one hates you Marco
It is just a strong dislike! ::)

gman

« Reply #1004 on: August 24, 2012, 06:08:43 PM »
Alot of haters here

A lot of realists.

LJSA

« Reply #1005 on: August 24, 2012, 08:03:00 PM »
Alot of haters here

I wish I had the energy to attempt to compile a Baldi greatest hits list when it came to Pelle last year. I can't imagine you didn't have some nasty stuff in there.

« Reply #1006 on: August 24, 2012, 09:55:06 PM »
Alot of haters here

I wish I had the energy to attempt to compile a Baldi greatest hits list when it came to Pelle last year. I can't imagine you didn't have some nasty stuff in there.

If you can believe, I said he was the most important recruit in that class. I kid you not

MCNPA

« Reply #1007 on: August 24, 2012, 11:48:28 PM »
Alot of haters here

You made us what we are...

MCNPA

« Reply #1008 on: August 24, 2012, 11:56:24 PM »
Fwiw, Pelle has boatloads of natural talent.  I just don't think he'll ever have the common sense nor work ethic to get it done.  He's still pushing himself as a guard/wing player instead of what he is.  I don't get the feeling the he'll ever be receptive to the type of coaching that can put him in position to succeed.  A kid that reminds me of this is James Felton.  Felton was one of the most talented kids around.  More talented overall than Elton Brand in that class, but nowhere near the drive nor smarts.  Sad that the kid imploded and I hope Pelle doesn't follow that extreme, but I see some similar traits. 

Pelle should be working on his strength and post moves after first and foremost his grades.  I'm still skeptical whether he makes it to Iona and further that he stays in school.  He's an awesome athlete and certainly has tools.  So did Lenny Cooke.  We'll see what he does with it...

« Reply #1009 on: August 25, 2012, 12:10:22 AM »
Fwiw, Pelle has boatloads of natural talent.  I just don't think he'll ever have the common sense nor work ethic to get it done.  He's still pushing himself as a guard/wing player instead of what he is.  I don't get the feeling the he'll ever be receptive to the type of coaching that can put him in position to succeed.  A kid that reminds me of this is James Felton.  Felton was one of the most talented kids around.  More talented overall than Elton Brand in that class, but nowhere near the drive nor smarts.  Sad that the kid imploded and I hope Pelle doesn't follow that extreme, but I see some similar traits. 

Pelle should be working on his strength and post moves after first and foremost his grades.  I'm still skeptical whether he makes it to Iona and further that he stays in school.  He's an awesome athlete and certainly has tools.  So did Lenny Cooke.  We'll see what he does with it...

So did Mike Glover. Staff found a way with him

MCNPA

« Reply #1010 on: August 25, 2012, 12:17:06 AM »

There is zero comparison between Mike Glover and Pelle.  Not an iota.  Glover's issue was grades and school.  Mike Glover is a warrior on the court like his brother Anthony.  Mike Glover has 100 times the work ethic on the court that Pelle has and has never fancied itself anything other than the tweener forward he was.  Staff didn't do anthiny to Mike Glover except get him admitted.  He was always a gamer with an exceptional motor on the court.

When I say that Pelle has tools, I mean raw athleticism and natural ability.  He has never had the motor to make him the dominant player he could be.  I hope he accepts the direction of Cluess and staff and sincerely hope this move to Iona is the start of an upward trajectory.  Id love to see him succeed.

The fact that he and Rambo Rasheed are making commentary that he's a guard and likening him to Durant and Kg don't lend themselves to us to believing that he has his head screwed on straight.  I hope I'm wrong. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 12:23:14 AM by MCNPA »

« Reply #1011 on: August 25, 2012, 12:17:50 AM »
He was a highly-touted recruit who failed to qualify, and then didn't  take the steps that others did to ensure that he ended up at SJU (or express the same desire that Amir or, to a lesser extent, even Jakar did before re-committing).  And you are surprised with the negative commentary when he goes elsewhere?  Even though St. John's cut ties, we all wanted him here and were disappointed that it didn't happen...

As far as the comments about his eligibility, I think people would have expressed those concerns wherever he committed. 

None of that changes that he was well worth the gamble for your squad, Baldi.  If I were you, my only concern is that the team chemistry will be thrown off by too many players trying to get theirs, since there are so many new faces and transfers.

« Reply #1012 on: August 25, 2012, 12:35:00 AM »

There is zero comparison between Mike Glover and Pelle.  Not an iota.  Glover's issue was grades and school.  Mike Glover is a warrior on the court like his brother Anthony.  Mike Glover has 100 times the work ethic on the court that Pelle has and has never fancied itself anything other than the tweener forward he was.  Staff didn't do anthiny to Mike Glover except get him admitted.  He was always a gamer with an exceptional motor on the court.

When I say that Pelle has tools, I mean raw athleticism and natural ability.  He has never had the motor to make him the dominant player he could be.  I hope he accepts the direction of Cluess and staff and sincerely hope this move to Iona is the start of an upward trajectory.  Id love to see him succeed.

The fact that he and Rambo Rasheed are making commentary that he's a guard and likening him to Durant and Kg don't lend themselves to us to believing that he has his head screwed on straight.  I hope I'm wrong. 

Glover sued the NCAA.

« Reply #1013 on: August 25, 2012, 12:45:59 AM »

Ya Rambo should have compared him to Lenny Cooke.

crgreen

« Reply #1014 on: August 25, 2012, 04:27:39 AM »
He was a highly-touted recruit who failed to qualify, and then didn't  take the steps that others did to ensure that he ended up at SJU (or express the same desire that Amir or, to a lesser extent, even Jakar did before re-committing).  And you are surprised with the negative commentary when he goes elsewhere?  Even though St. John's cut ties, we all wanted him here and were disappointed that it didn't happen...

As far as the comments about his eligibility, I think people would have expressed those concerns wherever he committed. 

None of that changes that he was well worth the gamble for your squad, Baldi.  If I were you, my only concern is that the team chemistry will be thrown off by too many players trying to get theirs, since there are so many new faces and transfers.

If he's of the mindset of the kid who two years ago talked about being a Camby-like post player, chemistry isn't  a problem.   If he's seriously buying into this KD-like wing crap his brother is spouting,  then it could be a train wreck waiting to happen.

« Reply #1015 on: August 25, 2012, 11:46:02 AM »
Come the winter and California dreaming.

Oh, Marco maybe dislike is an under statement

redslope

« Reply #1016 on: August 25, 2012, 12:50:40 PM »
This over 1000 comment thread can be summed up as "college is not for everyone"

pmg911

« Reply #1017 on: August 27, 2012, 08:32:15 AM »

RISE

Poison

« Reply #1018 on: August 27, 2012, 10:05:49 AM »
I wonder if one of the reasons why Norvel was no longer considering SJU, and vice versa is because the academic requirements at SJU are no cake walk. Iona might be an easier school to coast in.

« Reply #1019 on: August 27, 2012, 12:22:59 PM »

I recommend the Gael players keep a close eye on their sneakers then. ; )