Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies

Moose

Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH
« Reply #980 on: February 27, 2012, 12:15:56 PM »
How hard is it to have a constructive conversation?    I don't understand why it always comes down to "optimists" v "pessimists"  ??   
This is such a ridiculous oversimplification.   

We've won 3 games in a row Lapchick, what did you want Lavin to win this year?   the Big East?   The NCAAs??

He won't answer till next weekend.  Only so many computer hrs your allowed each week where he is
Remember who broke the Slice news

LJSA

« Reply #981 on: February 27, 2012, 01:16:09 PM »
How hard is it to have a constructive conversation?    I don't understand why it always comes down to "optimists" v "pessimists"  ??   
This is such a ridiculous oversimplification.   

We've won 3 games in a row Lapchick, what did you want Lavin to win this year?   the Big East?   The NCAAs??

He won't answer till next weekend.  Only so many computer hrs your allowed each week where he is

Technically, he won't answer at all. He'll just recycle the same garbage he's been posting.

« Reply #982 on: February 27, 2012, 04:27:51 PM »
Dear Lapchick,

Billy Madison - Ultimate Insult (Academic Decathlon)

Everyone lets keep the focus of discussion on JaKarr Sampson please. I know things have been bit of a carousel lately with recruiting news but St. John's is in a good situation with Sampson. Coaching staff feels confidently about him. Let things happen. No matter what the sun will come up the next day. 
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Gumby

« Reply #983 on: February 27, 2012, 04:59:17 PM »
Dave, thanks for reminding us that this is in deed a JS forum.  It is never productive to have personal infighting on a recruit's site.  For Coach Lavin to express his belief that when all is said any done we will have a top 10 recruiting class, he must, I hope, know a great deal more than is out in the public domain.  JS is clearly a major step in that direction.  Having said that, all this KU talk reminds me of the later days of the hunt for KA.

Poison

« Reply #984 on: February 27, 2012, 05:23:02 PM »
Please keep the focus on Jakarr Sampson. Now watch this Adam Sandler video.

DFF6

« Reply #985 on: February 27, 2012, 05:33:20 PM »

I think you reversed the order of messages in the post you reference, but the suggested hypocrisy of the post was not lost in translation.

Poison

« Reply #986 on: February 27, 2012, 05:35:17 PM »

I think you reversed the order of messages in the post you reference, but the suggested hypocrisy of the post was not lost in translation.

Just having a little fun. I'm trying to at least. It's how we can all stomach a 13-16 season

« Reply #987 on: February 27, 2012, 05:50:22 PM »
This was on a PC blog:

JaKarr Sampson Gets Goosebumps from Kansas Visit

BY DAVE@FRIARBLOG – FEBRUARY 26TH, 2012 2:37 PM

Well good news is, JaKarr Sampson didn’t pop while he was out visiting Kansas this weekend. Bad news is, he couldn’t have gone to a better game in seeing Kansas come back from 19 points to beat Missouri in OT. In fact, Jeff Borzello from CBS Sportscalled it the best game so far this season. Oh crap.

"It was crazy, I got goosebumps from how loud it was," JaKarr Sampson on his visit to KU, story on the trip and what's next coming shortly.
@BSnowScout
Brian Snow
Providence is still thought to be in great shape with Sampson, and it doesn’t look like he’ll make a decision any time soon since he still plans to visit Florida and PC.

Good thing Ed Cooley’s relationship building > goosebumps.

Wow - PC blog feeling it! :o
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 05:51:10 PM by bball purist »

Poison

« Reply #988 on: February 27, 2012, 05:52:26 PM »
Perhaps Kansas will pull Bucknell again in the dance. A few years ago, that game gave me goosebumps. At least there was a lot going on in Kansas after that happened.

paultzman

« Reply #989 on: February 27, 2012, 06:35:12 PM »
JaKaar going through with Florida and Providence visits at least means he did not get totally intoxicated with KU visit. Just being positive, no Lapchick 1 cool aid references desired please!

Poison

« Reply #990 on: February 27, 2012, 08:16:48 PM »
A trip to Gainesville? I'll take that. You'd have to be crazy not to take that.

MCNPA

« Reply #991 on: February 27, 2012, 08:48:25 PM »
One SJU fan on twitter commented today that he wakes up every thing hoping Jakarr would come back to us and how he's penciled in an PF or something to that effect.  Jakarr retweeted this.  I still think we just let it play out.  He's said good things about KU, Providence too.  I think he is trying to be low key about SJU due Jason Smith.  He certainly has plenty of love for SJU.  Hopefully in the end, we overcome the obstacles.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:49:11 PM by MCNPA »

desco80

« Reply #992 on: February 27, 2012, 08:57:09 PM »
Last time around it came down to us, Baylor, and Kansas.   Providence has basically stalked the kid for the last two months, and they reside close bye, so it doesn't surprise me they've entered the race. 

But I agree with Poison, I think the visit to Florida is more of a curiosity/vacation visit than anything else.
And with Gathers going to Baylor, and Quincy Miller returning, I think they're less attractive than they were a year ago. 

« Reply #993 on: February 27, 2012, 11:33:24 PM »
One SJU fan on twitter commented today that he wakes up every thing hoping Jakarr would come back to us and how he's penciled in an PF or something to that effect.  Jakarr retweeted this.  I still think we just let it play out.  He's said good things about KU, Providence too.  I think he is trying to be low key about SJU due Jason Smith.  He certainly has plenty of love for SJU.  Hopefully in the end, we overcome the obstacles.
lol one person on his twitter said he would name his first child after him if he commits to St. John's 

LJSA

« Reply #994 on: February 28, 2012, 01:14:53 AM »
lol one person on his twitter said he would name his first child after him if he commits to St. John's 

Jakarr Goldstein has a nice ring to it. Maybe Jakarr O'Sullivan. Hopefully the guy's name was something along those lines.

MCNPA

« Reply #995 on: February 28, 2012, 01:17:23 AM »

My point on the twitter thing was only that he's paying attention to SJU still and I don't think we're out of the conversation just yet.  I too thought it funny when I read it. 

« Reply #996 on: February 28, 2012, 01:40:20 AM »

My point on the twitter thing was only that he's paying attention to SJU still and I don't think we're out of the conversation just yet.  I too thought it funny when I read it. 

Don't read into that stuff. I could tweet JaKarr can dunk cookies in milk and he'd retweet it. They retweet anything with their name in it.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #997 on: February 28, 2012, 09:20:26 AM »

Don't read into that stuff. I could tweet JaKarr can dunk cookies in milk and he'd retweet it. They retweet anything with their name in it.

manbearpig says prove it dave

paultzman

« Reply #998 on: February 28, 2012, 04:03:50 PM »
FWIW Nate Blue tweets he feels we are still in JaKarr sweepstakes, noting a conversation w his folks last night.

boo3

« Reply #999 on: February 28, 2012, 05:20:05 PM »
Jason Smith tweeted the finalists for Jakkar, listing ST Johns. I called him out for listing st johns last before realizing it was in alphabetical order. Doh! He tweeted me back letting me know it was nothing personal, just alphabetical.  Then I got a bunch of Rock Chalk jay hawk tweets from Kansas fans.   Good times.