How many top 50 recruits does Lavin bring in for 2011?

• 50 replies
Re: How many top 50 recruits does Lavin bring in for 2011?
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2010, 05:41:47 PM »
Well that's 2!!

Tha Kid

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2010, 05:45:47 PM »
Realistically, I'm expecting zero for this year, but with the outside hope that he'll be able to get as many as two (Sampson, Pelle) of the 25-50 variety. I think he'll be able to be more effective at going after the 2012 and beyond kids. Staffs need some time to build relationships and, with the accelerated nature of recruiting, they're getting in relatively late with this class. He had an excellent track record as a recruiter at UCLA, but, other than being a high-major basketball program in an international city, UCLA and St. John's don't have an enormous amount in common.

To err is human....any new predictions NTSG? ;)

I'm just playin' around - nice to see you are wrong once in a blue moon, was wondering if you were human!
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2010, 07:41:04 PM »
Realistically, I'm expecting zero for this year, but with the outside hope that he'll be able to get as many as two (Sampson, Pelle) of the 25-50 variety. I think he'll be able to be more effective at going after the 2012 and beyond kids. Staffs need some time to build relationships and, with the accelerated nature of recruiting, they're getting in relatively late with this class. He had an excellent track record as a recruiter at UCLA, but, other than being a high-major basketball program in an international city, UCLA and St. John's don't have an enormous amount in common.
To err is human....any new predictions NTSG? ;)

I'm just playin' around - nice to see you are wrong once in a blue moon, was wondering if you were human!
Thank God for Lavin and may this be the start of a long 21st century run. As a defense mechanism, I went conservative. I'm used to showing up, seeing quality talent, making a final five-ten, and then getting disappointed in the end.

Forgive me, I'm on the front lines, but, like all of us, have been repeatedly disappointed for the better part of a decade. My only top 50 hopes in this class were Sampson and Pelle.  Normally, I'm optimistic in life, but this program would've made Norman Vincent Peale depressed over the past decade.

Now, if somebody could improve the Bears and Mets  ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 07:42:37 PM by Not The Sleaveless Guy »

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2010, 08:23:13 PM »
That's 3!! Welcome Mr. Harrison

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2010, 10:16:22 PM »
I like the thought of the lone poster who believes Lavin and staff will sign 4-5 top 50 players for the 2011 class.  I wonder who is that particular poster.   :up:

it was manbearpig. manbearpig has big expectations of coach lavin
manbearpig says 1 more and hes rite!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2010, 06:46:51 PM »
I like the thought of the lone poster who believes Lavin and staff will sign 4-5 top 50 players for the 2011 class.  I wonder who is that particular poster.   :up:

it was manbearpig. manbearpig has big expectations of coach lavin
manbearpig says 1 more and hes rite!!!!!!

manbearpig for mvp!!!!

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2010, 07:02:46 PM »
LOL at the last choice

"6-9 for those Lavin walks on water folks"

Lavin is dancing on an ocean right now

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2010, 12:26:06 AM »
I'm really looking forward to giving Hollywood a loud standing ovulation when he's announced on Wednesday.

He's earned it and then some.

Moose

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2010, 09:46:31 PM »
I'm really looking forward to giving Hollywood a loud standing ovulation when he's announced on Wednesday.

The whole place should chant LAVIN LAVIN LAVIN LAVIN until he waves to the crowd.  Bleacher creature's style
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2010, 10:06:21 PM »
Carmine, if Lavin wants an ovulation, he can have it. Heck, he can have whatever he wants.

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2010, 11:06:20 PM »

The whole place should chant LAVIN LAVIN LAVIN LAVIN until he waves to the crowd.  Bleacher creature's style

If justice is served the place should explode with applause when he's announced.  I hope somehow we can upset St. Mary's.  That would help with the introductory cheering.