D'Angelo Harrison - SG - Dulles High School - Fort Bend, TX - ST. JOHN'S

• 277 replies

sju89tr

Re: D'Angelo Harrison - SG - Dulles High School - Fort Bend, TX - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #200 on: April 25, 2011, 10:05:06 AM »
I like Harrison as instant offense off the bench as well but he has looked good in these all star games and I was a little disappointed with Lindsey watching him in the JUCO tourney.  Harrison's outside shooting may give him the edge over Lindsey.

I only watched one game of Lindsey in the JUCO tourney and he was carving up the defense with his forays to the basket.  Maybe, you didn't see that particular game.  Maybe, you did. 

I believe Lindsey is the starting point guard and Harrison is starting next to him or the first guy off the bench.

I am thinking Nuri, Harrison, Mo, Polee, and Pelle as the starting 5

DFF6

« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2011, 10:46:49 AM »
I like Harrison as instant offense off the bench as well but he has looked good in these all star games and I was a little disappointed with Lindsey watching him in the JUCO tourney.  Harrison's outside shooting may give him the edge over Lindsey.

I only watched one game of Lindsey in the JUCO tourney and he was carving up the defense with his forays to the basket.  Maybe, you didn't see that particular game.  Maybe, you did. 

I believe Lindsey is the starting point guard and Harrison is starting next to him or the first guy off the bench.

I am thinking Nuri, Harrison, Mo, Polee, and Pelle as the starting 5

The starting 5 might ultimately be what your thinking, but other than Nuri, as of today, I think the starting 5 will be an ongoing experiment for the first part of the season until Lavin & Co. gets a good handle on what these kids can do.  Thankfully, we're so deep that the term "starter" will probably have little significance to the amount of playing time each player actually gets. 

Marillac

« Reply #202 on: April 25, 2011, 01:15:50 PM »

For as good as our class is, we are lacking in deep shooters.  For that reason, Harrison will get plenty of playing time.  I can't see anyway he doesn't start.

I think it will be Nuri-Harrison-Harkless-Polee-Pelle, but I just can't see Pointer not playing.  I don't think there are any sure bets to start, but Harrison is a sure thing to get 25 mins with his scoring ability.  I don't think Pointer has the handle to play the two conistently right now.

Damn do we have a lot of "Spark plug" type players:  Greene, Sampson, Pointer, Garrett, Polee...Harrison with his shot.  The biggest battle next season will be between Pointer and Harkless.  I think Harkless will get the nod because of his offensive skill.  That sets up an offensive-minded group with Nuri and Harrison and paves the way for a wholesale substitution of defensive-minded energy guys like Pointer, Garret, Sampson, and Greene. 

« Reply #203 on: April 25, 2011, 06:25:38 PM »

Damn do we have a lot of "Spark plug" type players:  Greene, Sampson, Pointer, Garrett, Polee...Harrison with his shot.  The biggest battle next season will be between Pointer and Harkless.  I think Harkless will get the nod because of his offensive skill.  That sets up an offensive-minded group with Nuri and Harrison and paves the way for a wholesale substitution of defensive-minded energy guys like Pointer, Garret, Sampson, and Greene. 

It'll be interesting if he tries to go offense/defense like that.  My thinking is that Harrison and Harkless are the most skilled offensively and that he will try to have one of them on the court at all times. 
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Marillac

« Reply #204 on: April 26, 2011, 11:50:11 AM »

It'll be interesting if he tries to go offense/defense like that.  My thinking is that Harrison and Harkless are the most skilled offensively and that he will try to have one of them on the court at all times. 

Completely agree.  Greene seems like he could be in that group as well.  I saw him play live in Florida this season and I'm PUZZLED that he's not a top 50 or at least a top 75 talent.  I don't understand what I'm missing.  He's a jumping jack, athletic, shoots well, passes well, tight handles, d's up....really reminded me of Ben Gordon when I saw him as a junior. 

Moose

« Reply #205 on: April 26, 2011, 11:53:08 AM »

Completely agree.  Greene seems like he could be in that group as well.  I saw him play live in Florida this season and I'm PUZZLED that he's not a top 50 or at least a top 75 talent.  I don't understand what I'm missing.  He's a jumping jack, athletic, shoots well, passes well, tight handles, d's up....really reminded me of Ben Gordon when I saw him as a junior. 

You saw Greene play?  Where is your recap?  I recall another poster on one of the two boards writing a recap but it def wasn't Marillac.

Would love to hear about Greene and Traylor and even Deandre for that matter.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #206 on: April 26, 2011, 12:04:29 PM »
it puzzles me how a player such as Daniels, who is a conscientious top 30 prospect, can be the second best player on his team (green won MVP for IMG this year), and yet Greene isn't even sniffing the top 100 as far as rivals and scout goes. 

I'm excited to have a third guard capable of coming in and hitting shots, playing d, and facilitating the offense. Something we may not have had since? Shariff fordham?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #207 on: April 26, 2011, 12:23:23 PM »
You saw Greene play?  Where is your recap?  I recall another poster on one of the two boards writing a recap but it def wasn't Marillac.

Would love to hear about Greene and Traylor and even Deandre for that matter.

Honestly, I believe I'm the only one (with the exception of a poster on Redmen) who has witnessed Greene play.  I've spoke about Greene a couple of times or so on both boards.

I asked Marillac about Greene in the "2011-2012 starting lineup" thread on this board, and he basically admitted he hadn't seen him play without actually verbalizing it (as, he never once said he saw him play until now).  I'm sure if he had witnessed Greene play then he would've came to this board talking about it. 

LOL  C'mon, dude! 

Back to Harrison....
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:36:12 PM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #208 on: April 26, 2011, 01:22:08 PM »
Fordham hitting shots? Playing d, sure, but hitting shots?

« Reply #209 on: April 26, 2011, 01:27:01 PM »
it puzzles me how a player such as Daniels, who is a conscientious top 30 prospect, can be the second best player on his team (green won MVP for IMG this year), and yet Greene isn't even sniffing the top 100 as far as rivals and scout goes. 

I'm excited to have a third guard capable of coming in and hitting shots, playing d, and facilitating the offense. Something we may not have had since? Shariff fordham?

On redmen.com a while aback, section 10 had a lenghty post about attending a game @ IMG.
He raved about Greene and cautioned that he didn't like Daniels' game at all.
Fire Mullin.

« Reply #210 on: April 26, 2011, 01:59:18 PM »

On redmen.com a while aback, section 10 had a lenghty post about attending a game @ IMG.

I believe it was Traylor's game, in which he had reservations.

« Reply #211 on: April 26, 2011, 02:15:48 PM »

I believe it was Traylor's game, in which he had reservations.

woops, you're right.
Fire Mullin.

« Reply #212 on: April 26, 2011, 03:58:55 PM »
Why would anyone in their right mind pay for Rivals?

http://twitter.com/#!/NYCHoops/statuses/62955568167526401
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #213 on: April 26, 2011, 04:16:46 PM »
Why would anyone in their right mind pay for Rivals?

http://twitter.com/#!/NYCHoops/statuses/62955568167526401

He used the wrong choice of words, in reference to Harrison's game on last Friday.  Harrison didn't light up the scoreboard, but he played a pretty decent game.  He was even playing fairly decent on the defensive end, as well.

« Reply #214 on: April 26, 2011, 04:59:42 PM »
Chances are he didn't see the game if he is tweeting about it 3 days later. That's what irked me.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

23 points today at IS8 as per zags
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 06:28:27 PM by mjmaherjr »

Moose

D'Angelo was at the Rumble in the Bronx last night (Friday) watching STJ target Ricardo Gathers on Harrison's old Franchize All Stars team.  Joining D'Angelo in the crowd was Moe Harkless.

Long trip from Texas just for a weekend, or is here for the summer?

Is D'Angelo finished w HS already ?

Molloy '71

Moose

Long trip from Texas just for a weekend, or is here for the summer?

Is D'Angelo finished w HS already ?

Schools in the west and south are usually finished before June rolls around.  I know GG is already on campus.

Looks like D'Angelo will be in NY for summer school next week:

"Not yet, I'm coming down to watch my AAU team," Harrison said when asked if he was in the Big Apple for school already. "I think I come down June 20th, something during that week [for] . . . second summer session."

With his soon-to-be school so close by, Harrison did not waste the opportunity to head to St. John's over the weekend.

"I actually worked out there [on Saturday]," Harrison said, adding that he was likely going back again Sunday night.

With only one member of the Red Storm returning next season, Harrison was not working out with the team, but rather with some future Johnnies, amongst others. He said that he was in the gym with Maurice Harkless, God's Gift Achiuwa as well as Nate Blue.

"Harkless, JaKarr [Sampson] and Dom Pointer. I think that's the core group [I know the best] . . . and Amir Garrett too," Harrison said.

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1231334