D'Angelo Harrison - SG - Dulles High School - Fort Bend, TX - ST. JOHN'S

• 277 replies
For those who are interested, here is a highlight video of D'Angelo Harrison: D'Angelo Harrison Highlights - HardwoodElite.com

For those who are interested, here is a highlight video of D'Angelo Harrison

Very smooth and deadly.  Per the couple of all-star games and two videos I've witnessed of Harrison....  I, most definitely liked what I've seen so far.  If, none of you have read some of the spring and summer reviews of Harrison (from last year), per Rivals....  Go and read 'em.  Some very stellar reviews. 

Thanks for the vid, Hardwood! 

MCNPA

Hea going to be a killer offensive player for us right out the gate, and rebounds really, really well for a guard.

The Fort Bend Sun Top 10 athletes

3. D’Angelo Harrison, Sr., Dulles basketball

In a district where double-teams are a rarity because teams are so deep, Harrison sometimes got double-teamed when he didn’t even have the ball. He was as dominant as any player in recent years in the state’s toughest basketball district. The St. John’s signee averaged 31.1 points, 10.3 rebounds, 2.8 assists, 2.8 steals and made 87 3-pointers. He was named the Sun’s Player of the Year for the second year in a row.

Dulles' D'Angelo Harrison

Arguably the best basketball player in Fort Bend ISD during the last 10 years, Harrison was a scoring machine. He averaged 31.1 points and 10.1 rebounds. The St. John's signee checks in at No. 3 on the Sun's list of Top Athletes for the 2010-11 school year.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/fort_bend/sports/article_7e84fe96-9923-11e0-abb9-001cc4c002e0.html
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

gman

Anyone else of note come out of that region in the last 10 years?

Off the top of my head.....

TJ Ford and Daniel Ewing were in Ft Bend. Thats still saying a lot considering the Houston are is talent rich

Marillac

Big East Freshman of the Year...he is going to be a lot of posters´favorite Johnny ever before it´s all said and done. 

MCNPA

Big East Freshman of the Year...he is going to be a lot of posters´favorite Johnny ever before it´s all said and done.

Agree there is a very good chance at this Marrilac.  He has swagger and poise that is un-freshman like.  I think he averages double digit scoring right out the gate.  He's got a good handle, can shoot anywhere in the building and is a great rebounder for a guard.  He's one big reason we can make the NCAA's this season because I think he'll make a seamless transition to the college game with his work ethic and adjust quickly ala shabazz Napier.  Some of our forwards need some fine tuning, but Harrison is a scoring guard in every sense, and has few "cold" nights because he doesn't seem to just rely in his jump shooting. He's an instant starter at SG.  I love his nastiness on the court.  From what I heard coming out if IS8, he's a green beret out there and refuses to lose.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:17:38 AM by MCNPA »

Moose

Agree there is a very good chance at this Marrilac.  He has swagger and poise that is un-freshman like.  I think he averages double digit scoring right out the gate.  He's got a good handle, can shoot anywhere in the building and is a great rebounder for a guard.  He's one big reason we can make the NCAA's this season because I think he'll make a seamless transition to the college game with his work ethic and adjust quickly ala shabazz Napier.  Some of our forwards need some fine tuning, but Harrison is a scoring guard in every sense, and has few "cold" nights because he doesn't seem to just rely in his jump shooting. He's an instant starter at SG.

I think he is a lot better than Napier.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

Agree there is a very good chance at this Marrilac.  He has swagger and poise that is un-freshman like.  I think he averages double digit scoring right out the gate.  He's got a good handle, can shoot anywhere in the building and is a great rebounder for a guard.  He's one big reason we can make the NCAA's this season because I think he'll make a seamless transition to the college game with his work ethic and adjust quickly ala shabazz Napier.  Some of our forwards need some fine tuning, but Harrison is a scoring guard in every sense, and has few "cold" nights because he doesn't seem to just rely in his jump shooting. He's an instant starter at SG.

Agree moose.  Only comparing the poise which I was very impressed with in Napier as a freshman.

Moose

Agree moose.  Only comparing the poise which I was very impressed with in Napier as a freshman.

Saw more poise out of Lamb than Napier IMO.

Wanna see how both react now that Kemba is gone.  Can they step up?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 09:23:55 AM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

D'Angelo Harrison is on campus @ St. John's  :)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 06:40:58 PM by SuperStarOneO5 »

Gumby

D'Angelo Harrison is on campus @ St. John's  :)

I am glad, as I worried that he might have become lost in the NYC subway system with Sir Dom and GG on the way back from their sightseeing trip.  Whew!

Marillac

Re: D'Angelo Harrison - SG - Dulles High School - Fort Bend, TX - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #233 on: August 03, 2011, 12:24:39 AM »
Here's some great news about our future star D'Angelo.  I haven't seen this posted yet, but it was back from the Derby Classic which was LOADED with talent. 

"The White team trailed all the way until a third-quarter rally. St.John's signee D'Angelo Harrison hit back-to-back three-pointers that tied it at 92, and his alley-oop pass to LeBryan Nash gave the team its biggest lead at 108-99."

"D’Angelo Harrison certainly isn’t filling up the stat sheet, but dude is playing harder than anyone out there.  Hustling all over the floor, making the right pass, and not playing strictly for the highlights are a few of the things that the St. John’s commit is doing out there."

"That's some unselfish play. Could Harrison challenge for the lead guard role with the Johnnies? Certainly, from what we saw from the game, he could be the backup point guard in a pinch. And that's best for his future money-making prospects - at 6'2" or so, he'll need to be able to handle to play on the pro level. There's a lot to like about D'Angelo Harrison's game."

Again, his stat line from that game was 8 pts (3-7 overall, 2-5 from deep) 5 assists, 3 boards, 1 steal, and only 1 turnover in 21 minutes.  The only knock on Harrison was his defense, but he was getting after it the tournament I saw him when he filled it up with 21 points and apparently he was playing harder than anyone in the Derby Classic and running the star-studded offense and his team to a victory.  I love the fact that he took a backseat for the good of his team, but his back-to-back three's to tie the score after his squad was trailing the entire game.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #234 on: August 03, 2011, 04:03:12 PM »
I remember that (posted it on the Rumble blog) - it's from Slam Mag: http://www.slamonline.com/online/college-hs/high-school/2011/04/derby-festival-classic-live-blog/ for those looking for the link.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 04:04:56 PM by peter »

« Reply #235 on: August 03, 2011, 04:57:14 PM »
Thanks Pete knew I had read it some place.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 06:59:25 PM by jumpinjohnny »

« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2011, 11:17:07 AM »
Love this kid. He is going to be something special. I want to say a troy bell type esp with the attitude

« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2011, 01:20:38 PM »
How can anyone not like this kid? Well spoken young man and I like the fact there are no selfish team members.

Not sure why Ralph thinks this kid is from some Podunk town...Missouri City is Houston for the most part...the 4th largest city in the US. Good interview though

« Reply #239 on: August 29, 2011, 01:38:28 PM »
very early in the season last year, coach lavin said that Hardy and Brownlee had impressed him the most in practices.  everyone seemed surprised given that DJ was to top player the previous year.  lavin was spot on with his assesment.  i wonder who it will be this year?  i'm going to bet that it's harrison.  i think he provides that greatest combination of speed, athletiscm, 3-point threat, can get to rim, and has a great handle.