• 127 replies

NYCoffey

Re: Amile Jefferson - SF - Friends Central School - Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2012, 04:04:24 PM »
Goes to duke

Tha Kid

« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2012, 04:14:22 PM »
Big get by Coach K.  Don't expect him to play too much as a frosh, but I am hoping for big things from him starting in 2013-2014 season.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2012, 05:07:12 PM »
Big get by Coach K.  Don't expect him to play too much as a frosh, but I am hoping for big things from him starting in 2013-2014 season.

I bet hell get around 20 minutes. Coach k loves those big small forwards  and he can play there as well as the 4
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Tha Kid

« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2012, 05:42:23 PM »
I hope he gets that much Amase.  Will depend on how he compares to Alex Murphy, and whether MP3 gets time, or whether they are using Ryan Kelly as the de facto 4.  if Ryan is used as a 3 with the Plumlee brothers at 4 and 5 much, then Amile's time will be more limited.  I think 10-15 is a more likely guess.  I guess also depends on if Coach K inexplicably plays Hairston a lot just because he's a vet (like Tyler Thornton).
"I drink and I know things"

Marillac

« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2012, 11:13:34 PM »

I bet hell get around 20 minutes. Coach k loves those big small forwards  and he can play there as well as the 4

I'm with you, Mase.  I really think think Amile has top 10-15 ability. I don't know why he's not ranked there, but I guess that's why I'm not an expert.  I think he comes in right away and demmands minutes. He is an intelligent, skilled player.  I think he's a face-up four at his best. 

MCNPA

« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2012, 02:30:41 AM »
Amile is a kid I really like.  Smooth and smart player.  He's not really a perimeter guy and has strange outside shot which he takes from his shoulder, but really effective at getting around guys.  He's smoker than Lance Thimas was.  Maybe a bit like Jeff Green?  Regardless, Duke got a real nice one.  Fwiw, I think SJU has our version of him in Jakarr Sampson who is probably as good but slightly different type of player.  Both are hybrid forwards who neither of which fit purely into the SF nor PF spots with their skill set.  Regardless, I look forward to handing Mr. Jefferson and his team a loss at the Garden this season. 

paultzman

« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2012, 07:33:35 AM »
Amile is a kid I really like.  Smooth and smart player.  He's not really a perimeter guy and has strange outside shot which he takes from his shoulder, but really effective at getting around guys.  He's smoker than Lance Thimas was.  Maybe a bit like Jeff Green?  Regardless, Duke got a real nice one.  Fwiw, I think SJU has our version of him in Jakarr Sampson who is probably as good but slightly different type of player.  Both are hybrid forwards who neither of which fit purely into the SF nor PF spots with their skill set.  Regardless, I look forward to handing Mr. Jefferson and his team a loss at the Garden this season. 

Amile and JaKarr are both good kids as well. Will never see problems with them!

Moose

Smoker than Lance Thomas?
Remember who broke the Slice news