Mason jr to the heat

• 74 replies
Re: Mason jr to the heat
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2010, 10:00:55 AM »
Does Khakistan have direct flights or is there a layover someplace?

Beastilaty not really my thing, but I don't judge.

But seriously Mase is not an NBA player. If he can make a nice living playing ball overseas good for him.

sjd8886

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2010, 01:11:24 AM »

But seriously Mase is not an NBA player. If he can make a nice living playing ball overseas good for him.

i do not think he should have even been drafted so we probably share the same thought on this one but still you might want to rephrase this to "in my opinion" bc mase was very much almost an NBA player this year, coming off a less than average year for a bottom feeder college team...if he regains his health and conditioning and improves some, he very well may be an NBA player

pmg911

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2010, 09:50:51 AM »

i do not think he should have even been drafted so we probably share the same thought on this one but still you might want to rephrase this to "in my opinion" bc mase was very much almost an NBA player this year, coming off a less than average year for a bottom feeder college team...if he regains his health and conditioning and improves some, he very well may be an NBA player

WAIT a second - regains his health & conditioning..? From everything you read, he was in great shape.

Lets be honest..   while it does read like he performed well in camp, the ONLY reason he was there was because his Father is super tight
with Pat Reilly. Mason Jr. didn't have anyone else knocking down his door to invite him to camp.

Good luck to him as he moves forward in his hoops career. He will certainly be getting paid to play somewhere this year.

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2010, 09:57:53 AM »

Bestiality not really my thing, but I don't judge.

IMO JR will never make a pro roster. Now I would have said the same thing about Ced Jackson. However Ced had one specific skill(defense) that is a wanted quantity in a 13th or 14th man. JR does not do any one thing particularly well.

Poison

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2010, 10:10:40 AM »
I don't know how anyone can say he'll never made an NBA roster. He almost did. That tells me that he'll probably make it, sooner than later.

« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2010, 10:18:52 AM »
I don't know how anyone can say he'll never made an NBA roster. He almost did. That tells me that he'll probably make it, sooner than later.

David Cain played on the Knicks preseason roster, never played one game in the NBA. Mase has two options play extremely well in the D league sign a couple 10 day contracts if he is lucky or go overseas and make some money. If he chooses the first option then would he have a chance at playing  a game or two in the NBA maybe, but I would not take bets on it.

Tha Kid

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2010, 10:19:44 AM »

How did he "almost" make a roster?  He was the first guy cut, on a team that HAD to invite a ton of minimum pay players bc of the salary cap situation there.  Most teams dont put all their money in 3 guys. 

Also, the invite was bc of the relationship with Riles and Papa Mase.  Otherwise he would have had more invites.  Read between the lines people.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2010, 11:12:08 AM »

Lets be honest..   while it does read like he performed well in camp, the ONLY reason he was there was because his Father is super tight
with Pat Reilly. Mason Jr. didn't have anyone else knocking down his door to invite him to camp.

According to who? you? I personally know there were other teams interested in him
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2010, 11:13:18 AM »

How did he "almost" make a roster?  He was the first guy cut, on a team that HAD to invite a ton of minimum pay players bc of the salary cap situation there.  Most teams dont put all their money in 3 guys. 

Also, the invite was bc of the relationship with Riles and Papa Mase.  Otherwise he would have had more invites.  Read between the lines people.

Tha Kid there were a ton of other guys cut after summer league that didn't even make it to training camp.

Tha Kid

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2010, 11:17:45 AM »

Tha Kid there were a ton of other guys cut after summer league that didn't even make it to training camp.

Thanks to Pops.  Mase is not close to making an NBA team yet.  If that is his dream, hopefully a few great, healthy, years abroad will make his NBA dream a reality.  But we all knew it was not happening this year.

Tha Kid

« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2010, 11:19:16 AM »

According to who? you? I personally know there were other teams interested in him

If they were so interested, where are they now?

pmg911

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2010, 11:21:52 AM »

Well the two area NBA scouts I know told me they heard zero about any other teams being interested.

Please share with us who wanted him in camp. I am sure that since there were other team interested he will be getting called in for
a look, its still early for a lot of teams.

That battle with James Jones for the final roster spot didn't shape up like you expected..?

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2010, 12:24:38 PM »

Well the two area NBA scouts I know told me they heard zero about any other teams being interested.

Please share with us who wanted him in camp. I am sure that since there were other team interested he will be getting called in for

That battle with James Jones for the final roster spot didn't shape up like you expected..?

Its been printed in publications of other teams who were interested. So the guys you "know" who are NBA Scouts either don't know what they are talking about or are incapable of a simple google search.

I'm not sure what you are trying to prove. Mase needed to beat out James Jones and he didn't. Going with the veteran talent for a championship contender is an obvious choice. I was hopeful though that Mase could have beaten him out. I think anyone who roots for St. John's would root for Mason.

pmg911

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2010, 01:05:15 PM »

Its been printed in publications of other teams who were interested. So the guys you "know" who are NBA Scouts either don't know what they are talking about or are incapable of a simple google search.

I'm not sure what you are trying to prove. Mase needed to beat out James Jones and he didn't. Going with the veteran talent for a championship contender is an obvious choice. I was hopeful though that Mase could have beaten him out. I think anyone who roots for St. John's would root for Mason.

While I don't think Mason will play in the NBA anytime soon, I have done nothing but wish the kid good luck in anything he does in his basketball career.

I have seen in other posts where you have asked posters to provie factual detail about items they are discussing. I did a quick Google  search
and after a few pages of results I didn't see anything about another team that was interested in Mason Jr. for camp.

As for my friends that work for NBA teams, I will take their word everyday and twice on Sundays when it comes to things NBA related. They have both been scouts, for various teams, for over 15 years.

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2010, 01:10:22 PM »

Tha Kid

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2010, 01:24:51 PM »
I won't send you looking too far...

http://johnnyjungle.com/columns/daly-dribble/past-present-celebrate-their-future/

Dave:

This article does not support your statement that other teams were interested.  Teams bring in guys for workouts for tons of reasons, and sometimes the coach or GM has no real interest at all.

Moreover, that was PRIOR to the draft, so teams need to do some fact finding, esp. for a guy who didnt play much due to injury in his career.  It shows NO interest that you were talking about previously.

Please provide actual support.  I hate to butt into you and PMG's little bickerfest, but this just does not support anything, and I agree that I have not heard of ANY team having "serious" interest in Mase other than his dad's buddy Riles.

I also did a google search as you suggested, and came up with nothing.

pmg911

« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2010, 01:38:20 PM »

http://johnnyjungle.com/columns/daly-dribble/past-present-celebrate-their-future/

So the "other publications" it was printed in was the Jungle.?

Like I said, a basic Google search for "Anthony Mason Jr." doesn't pull up any articles that say he has other teams that wanted to invite him to camp.

Saying a work out equates to interest in a camp invite is like saying a job interview means a company definitely wants to hire you.

« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2010, 02:14:28 PM »

So the "other publications" it was printed in was the Jungle.?

Like I said, a basic Google search for "Anthony Mason Jr." doesn't pull up any articles that say he has other teams that wanted to invite him to camp.

Saying a work out equates to interest in a camp invite is like saying a job interview means a company definitely wants to hire you.

Here is the bottom line. Could JR one day find himself on the very back end of a pro roster? I guess it could be possible.
But the reality is JR does not have the skills to make a living in the NBA. I think everyone including the Mason family could agree on that. Is this a bad thing ? NO! If he can make some decent scratch playing overseas somewhere that is desirable  to him I don't see anything wrong with that.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 02:16:00 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2010, 02:15:15 PM »
Even though listing anything printed on JohnnyJungle.con should be enough. I did a quick google search and saw this. I'm sure I can fund more but I'm on my mobile now.

http://www.lex18.com/news/patrick-patterson-works-out-for-pacers

Tha Kid

« Reply #59 on: October 13, 2010, 02:25:04 PM »
Even though listing anything printed on JohnnyJungle.con should be enough. I did a quick google search and saw this. I'm sure I can fund more but I'm on my mobile now.

http://www.lex18.com/news/patrick-patterson-works-out-for-pacers

Dave, see my previous post.  Workouts for the Draft do NOT show serious interest in signing a guy months later.  The Knicks brought in a ton of guys that prob never had a shot to be drafted, as do MOST teams.  So yes, you have proved that a FEW teams did their due diligence on Mase prior to the draft.  Where's the follow up from these teams?  Where's the camp invite interest from ANY team but Miami?

This is NOT support for your previous statement.   
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 02:26:29 PM by Tha Kid »