Five Starting Fives [JohnnyJungle.com]

• 4 replies
Five Starting Fives [JohnnyJungle.com]
« on: September 27, 2010, 12:19:42 AM »
The first thing out of any experts’ or analysts’ mouth when talking about St. John’s Basketball team is versatility and depth. But except for injuries and disciplinary actions, the team saw a familiar starting 5 every game for the last two seasons – Sean Evans/ DJ Kennedy/ Paris Horne/ Malik Boothe with either Justin Burrell or Anthony Mason Jr. With a new staff – and with the graduation of Mase – will the status quo change?

Obviously, it’s more important who finishes the game rather than who starts, but its imperative to establish tempo and control of the game from the opening tip. And St. John’s often found themselves in need of a scoring boost from bench players like Dwight Hardy and Justin Brownlee; personnel changes could spark better starts.

With that in mind, here is a look at five different starting lineups for St. John’s.

Continue Reading...
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

Re: Five Starting Fives [JohnnyJungle.com]
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 09:20:08 AM »

Good article.  One lineup (or two) not on there that I think you'll see is traditional replacing horne with hardy.  Or small replacing hardy with horne. I wouldn't be shocked if either of these became the main starting five, but we def have a LOT of options and a lot of guys who will be fighting for minutes.
"I drink and I know things"

Foad

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 12:37:20 PM »
I agree that Brownlee would be in the "shooting" line up. I'm less sure he'd belong in the "making" line up.

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 01:17:03 PM »
I agree that Brownlee would be in the "shooting" line up. I'm less sure he'd belong in the "making" line up.

Ha he's of the low percentage lineup when shooting from the outside. Regardless though he is capable of making it more so than the other big men. I'd love to hear more lineup combos and thoughts from other posters too
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 01:54:13 PM »
The Highlight Reel Fast Break Lineup:

Malik Boothe
Paris Horne
DJ Kennedy
Dwyane Polee Jr.
Justin Burrell
"I drink and I know things"