Its stuff like this that makes me hate St. John's

• 3 replies
Its stuff like this that makes me hate St. John's
« on: February 07, 2008, 04:16:09 AM »
Go to redstormsports and click their photo galleries in the post game column. It looks really nice however if you want the photo it has an ad that pops into the corner "Buy"

Remind you that these are all AP photographs and if you go on ESPN.com and I'm sure other sites you can easily get access to the pictures to copy/paste/save as yet St. John's tries to entice you into buying the photo. CSTV has blame in this as well as I think they are a poorly ran company but St. John's is the bigger idiot for buying into their system.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Its stuff like this that makes me hate St. John's
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 05:26:53 AM »
Go to redstormsports and click their photo galleries in the post game column. It looks really nice however if you want the photo it has an ad that pops into the corner "Buy"

Remind you that these are all AP photographs and if you go on ESPN.com and I'm sure other sites you can easily get access to the pictures to copy/paste/save as yet St. John's tries to entice you into buying the photo. CSTV has blame in this as well as I think they are a poorly ran company but St. John's is the bigger idiot for buying into their system.

Im not sure if this is the same topic here, but does SJU have a PR DEPT? If so, what the hell have they been doing?

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 01:42:47 PM »
jj,

it's illegal to take photos from other websites. even if you leave the watermark on it that say's 'AP', you are still supposed to buy it. st. john's buys the photos from AP (or maybe has an account with them, i don't really know exactly how it works) and is covering its bases by putting the 'buy' thing up there.

i know last year we were going to buy a photo from AP for the torch and it was like 100 bucks.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 04:51:37 PM »
jj,

it's illegal to take photos from other websites. even if you leave the watermark on it that say's 'AP', you are still supposed to buy it. st. john's buys the photos from AP (or maybe has an account with them, i don't really know exactly how it works) and is covering its bases by putting the 'buy' thing up there.

i know last year we were going to buy a photo from AP for the torch and it was like 100 bucks.

really my bad then i see tons of websites/blogs with the same photos. My apologizes to St. John's.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle