Jordan Dickerson - C - IMG - Brooklyn, NY - SMU

• 102 replies
Re: Jordan Dickerson - C - IMG - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2012, 04:36:17 PM »
Maybe it's me but the dunks aren't as impressive as they were made out to be. Especially the first one. Isn't a dunk supposed to a thunderous thing of beauty?

First one wasn't even a dunk.  He got blocked and basically threw the ball towards the basket and it still went in.  I too thought he was actually getting "dunked on" when I read the tweets.  Wasn't quite what expected. Both instances, Obekpa wasn't bodying Dickerson, rather trying to drop back down low for the block.  These types of baskets are the kind that shotblockers at HS level give up frequently until they learn how to body guys more in college.
Your explanation seems like the definition of dunking on someone! :)

Moose

« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2012, 04:40:29 PM »
Maybe it's me but the dunks aren't as impressive as they were made out to be. Especially the first one. Isn't a dunk supposed to a thunderous thing of beauty?

First one wasn't even a dunk.  He got blocked and basically threw the ball towards the basket and it still went in.  I too thought he was actually getting "dunked on" when I read the tweets.  Wasn't quite what expected. Both instances, Obekpa wasn't bodying Dickerson, rather trying to drop back down low for the block.  These types of baskets are the kind that shotblockers at HS level give up frequently until they learn how to body guys more in college.
Your explanation seems like the definition of dunking on someone! :)

Did you check out the video?
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2012, 08:48:07 AM »
“@AdamZagoria: 2012 7-footer Jordan Dickerson is currently visiting Auburn after visiting Providence and South Carolina. http://t.co/82YOoAjG

paultzman

« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2012, 09:23:06 PM »
“@FriarFrenzy: #pcbb RT“@JHokanson: 'The best yet': Auburn leads for 7-footer Jordan Dickerson following official visit http://t.co/1xGpOod0 @Rivals””

« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2012, 09:31:08 AM »
We got the big man we wanted. Good luck to him.

paultzman

« Reply #85 on: June 14, 2012, 10:48:48 AM »
Hope he winds up in BE

“@AdamZagoria: Jordan Dickerson Enjoys Auburn, SMU Up Next http://t.co/twLbHO9Z

« Reply #86 on: June 14, 2012, 12:18:03 PM »
Hope he winds up in BE

“@AdamZagoria: Jordan Dickerson Enjoys Auburn, SMU Up Next http://t.co/twLbHO9Z

If SMU is going to be in the Big East we need them to be a big time program.

« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2012, 10:03:07 PM »
See you in New Ro in 2 years Jordan

« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2012, 05:15:01 AM »
if sum got goodman and dickerson as well as turner and the other transfer that would be a pretty good spur of the moment class

NYCoffey

« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2012, 01:00:30 PM »
Gonna decide this week.

7-1 center Jordan Dickerson of Alexandria, VA is expected to make his college decision this week his uncle said Sunday night. <p/>Dickerson took an official visit to SMU late last week. He also made official visits to USC, Providence and Auburn. <p/>Dickerson's uncle, Darrell Crawford, said all four schools remain under consideration.

http://www.oneclicksportsnow.com/ncaa/south-carolina-gamecocks/1227599/Dickerson-decision-coming/

Moose

« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2012, 01:13:17 PM »
Gonna decide this week.

7-1 center Jordan Dickerson of Alexandria, VA is expected to make his college decision this week his uncle said Sunday night. <p/>Dickerson took an official visit to SMU late last week. He also made official visits to USC, Providence and Auburn. <p/>Dickerson's uncle, Darrell Crawford, said all four schools remain under consideration.

http://www.oneclicksportsnow.com/ncaa/south-carolina-gamecocks/1227599/Dickerson-decision-coming/

First time we have really seen that he isn't a NY'er and really from VA who came to NY to play under Tiny.

paultzman

« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2012, 12:06:54 PM »
I'm happy he has some decent choices. Hope he picks
 SC. IMO, Martin can develop him over time. Avoid the "Providence Curse" Jordan!

“@NYPost_Brazille: Jordan Dickerson will decide "sometime this week" according to his uncle. Between Providence, Auburn, SMU and So. Carolina. #boyshoops”

MCNPA

« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2012, 01:01:45 PM »
I actually hope he picks SMU, but dont mind him at Providence either.  Good for Big East basketball.

desco80

« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2012, 02:58:29 PM »
Yea, I hope he goes to Providence actually.   I have no love for Larry Brown or SMU.   
Providence needs a big man in the worst way.   

« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2012, 03:15:14 PM »
We need the Non Football schools in the Big East to be strong.

Moose

« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2012, 03:17:18 PM »
Ironically with Auburn, Providence and South Carolina we have a chance at seeing him.

paultzman

« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2012, 01:30:06 PM »
“@JonRothstein: Hearing Auburn is in good position w Lincoln big man Jordan Dickerson. 7-footer will add instant shot blocking for Tony Barbee + the Tigers.”

paultzman

« Reply #97 on: July 11, 2012, 03:52:24 PM »
Hope he can play point guard!

“@TXboysbasketbal: 7-0 240 C Jordan Dickerson from IMG Academy by way of Lincoln HS (NY) signed with SMU... He visited Auburn, South Carolina, Providence”

« Reply #98 on: July 11, 2012, 03:57:38 PM »
providence just keeps getting beat up! LOL

Moose

« Reply #99 on: July 11, 2012, 03:59:44 PM »
providence just keeps getting beat up! LOL

I almost feel sorry for them.  But then they accuse us of cheating every minute of the day so that thought goes away.

*Also good job on that scoop three posts above Jon!