Jordan Dickerson - C - IMG - Brooklyn, NY - SMU

• 102 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Jordan Dickerson - C - IMG - Brooklyn, NY - SMU
« on: October 14, 2010, 01:17:20 PM »
Didn't realize we didn't have a thread on Dickerson.  He's listed as a shade under 7 feet tall.  According to jmattera on redmen, coming to Midnight Madness.

Video from Rivals (posted 2 weeks ago).  Looks a little mechanical, slow, unaggressive.  But he's tall and maybe he'll blossom at Lincoln.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-basketball/7-0-Center-Jordan-Dickerson-Highlights-794993?NICK_NAME=JohnnyJungle&LEVEL=2&TIME=1287075586&SIG=dca5cc3ea05d26c9c69dc20482c75f14

ESPN profile: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/125442/jordan-dickerson

Strengths:
He's extremely long with good agility and the sturdy frame to eventually support a good deal more muscle. He runs the floor well, shows a good motor on both ends, and has good agility for a player his size.

Weaknesses:
He is still fairly raw offensively, lacking much presence with his back to the basket and sometimes struggling to come up with clean catches and finishes in traffic.

Bottom Line:
Dickerson is another physically-gifted big man with a world of potential. He is a defensive game changer who patrols the paint like a one-man zone and blocks shots with good timing.

Rivals: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Jordan-Dickerson-118700
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:27:35 PM by kjd01067 »

Re: Jordan Dickerson - C - Lincoln HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 02:00:12 PM »
Sounds like a prep year would help his "potential".
He's not even listed on Scout.
Did he play AAU or tournaments this past summer ?
Molloy '71

pmg911

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 02:16:08 PM »
where did Tiny steal. . opppss. . I mean get this kid from..?

Seriously, who was the last Lincoln player to become an All American in college.?

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 02:20:59 PM »

Seriously, who was the last Lincoln player to become an All American in college.?

He was very raw, when I saw him. He's actually a Virginian.

I think Marbury was something like a third-team AA.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 02:21:39 PM »

I believe he was acquired from the state of Virginia.

It's not all about All-Americans - that's an awfully high bar for any high school to cross, don't you think?  The question is can he become a rotation contributor or a major-conference starter.  The Red Storm recruiting, so far, is hurting for height/ post players.

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 02:26:06 PM »
It's not all about All-Americans - that's an awfully high bar for any high school to cross, don't you think?  The question is can he become a rotation contributor or a major-conference starter.  The Red Storm recruiting, so far, is hurting for height/ post players.

Yes, we're currently hurting for height in the 2011 class.  But, I believe God's Gift will be delivered and we're very much in it with Pelle.

I haven't heard much about Kevin Johnson lately.  I'm more than sure the focus is on God's Gift and Pelle at the moment.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 02:35:25 PM »

Yes, we're currently hurting for height in the 2011 class.  But, I believe God's Gift will be delivered and we're very much in it with Pelle.

I haven't heard much about Kevin Johnson lately.  I'm more than sure the focus is on God's Gift and Pelle at the moment.
I assume there will be at least one more - a local or a JUCO.  JaKarr can't hold down the post regularly, for 40 minutes a game, as far as I know.  But I haven't seen him, so I'm at a disadvantage.

pmg911

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 02:54:17 PM »

I believe he was acquired from the state of Virginia.

I feel sadness for the kids and I feel disgust for their parents that let kids transfer to Lincoln High School. It is not only a bad school that is in a bad neighborhood, these kids will learn nothing from Tiny. He only cares about and coaches the star kids and doesn't care lick about any of their academic progress.

As for a high bar, you are correct. Maybe I am being tough on the school but Tiny makes me sick to my stomach. I have seen his antics up close & personal for a long time. He is just bad guy.

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 03:16:07 PM »

I assume there will be at least one more - a local or a JUCO.  JaKarr can't hold down the post regularly, for 40 minutes a game, as far as I know.  But I haven't seen him, so I'm at a disadvantage.
No, you're correct. Sampson definitely couldn't handle 40 minutes in the low post in the BE, as a freshman.

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 08:25:58 PM »
[tweet]http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/35155372960391168[/tweet]

Kansas State watched Lincoln (NY) forward Kamari Murphy '12 & center Jordan Dickerson '11

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 09:39:36 PM »
they can have both of them
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 06:51:55 PM »
FWIW, he said Villanova, Texas, WV, Va Tech, and Cincy were coming after him.

Moose

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 06:56:39 PM »
He's definitely prepping, right?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2012, 11:16:17 AM »
Since Baldi cracked out an old Suber thread.

Whats the story with Dickerson?  Can't find much on IMG this year where him and Kamari are.

He's a legit 7 footer.
Remember who broke the Slice news

sju89tr

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 09:29:50 AM »
Since Baldi cracked out an old Suber thread.

Whats the story with Dickerson?  Can't find much on IMG this year where him and Kamari are.

He's a legit 7 footer.

He is a project from what I heard but is a true 5

NYCoffey

Jordan Dickerson-IMG
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 02:27:24 PM »
This was a guy we were recruiting for 2011 and ended up doing a post grad year at IMG. He's  a 7ft shot blocker who is raw on the offensive end. Does anyone know if we are still involved with him. Looking around there is no recruiting news. Anyone know if we are still involved with him at all. God knows we could use the size next year.

Re: Jordan Dickerson-IMG
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 05:36:13 PM »
I asked about a week ago and was told that he still may not even qualify for this year. Looking at his size and skill set i'd imagine he could be a good player but not sure if he's a target

ras

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 07:20:21 PM »
Unless this guy is bad, not a bad idea to have  a player that size on the roster, IMO. Especially when our tallest player is 6 8. You never know when we could be going against a really tall center that causes match up problems for our guys.

DFF6

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 07:23:48 PM »
I looked into Dickerson a while ago.  I think he's academically challenged, and I recall Dave commenting on another thread that his basketball IQ has been questioned by some, but no doubt he's legitimately a center in size.

paultzman

Re: Jordan Dickerson - C - IMG - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012, 07:19:12 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: He was at prep fyi RT @RunninRams3: Per Source: URI is showing interest in Juco C Jordan Dickerson. Who was ruled eligible today.”