Redzone vs Johnny Jungle

• 6 replies
Redzone vs Johnny Jungle
« on: February 07, 2008, 05:02:30 PM »
Redzone is the St. John's sanctioned school spirit committee. They invited 811 students for the game on saturday on Facebook. So far this event has recorded 85 confirmed guests, 143 maybes, 248 not attending, 343 still awaiting reply. This was their description of the event...

MEN V. PROVIDENCE @ NOON
WOMEN V. VILLANOVA @ 2:30

The St. John's Athletic Department will compete in the NCAA sponsored "Pack the House" Challenge in its women's basketball game against Villanova on Saturday. The game is slated to begin at 2:30 p.m.

The goal of the program is for each participating school to set a women's basketball attendance record. The NCAA will select 32 winning institutions (one from each of the 31 Division I conferences and one independent) based on creative marketing strategies and sellouts, or the largest percentage increase from the previous year's single-game record attendance.

As part of the efforts to promote the event, the St. John's Athletic Department has designated the game as "$1 Night," with select food and merchandise items being offered for just a dollar. In addition, all fans in attendance at the St. John's men's game vs. Providence at noon on Saturday are invited to attend the women's game free of charge.

There will be several giveaways during the game, including a Sabatino's Pizza Giveaway and T-shirt toss. Students are being encouraged to attend the game with an "Empty the Residence Halls" Contest, where each floor of the residence halls will compete against each other to get the most students to the game, with the winning floor being rewarded a prize.

---------------------------------------------

Johnny Jungle invited 874 people to the game via facebook. I won't post results yet since I just sent it out about 5 min ago but here is my description.

St. John's has its third Big East game on campus this season against the Providence Friars of Rhode Island. St. John's is climbing in the standing in a last ditch effort to make the Big East Tournament. This game has huge impact in those efforts and we need to Pack the House. PC has wins and is currently in the 12th and final spot. St. John's has 3 wins and you do the math is one game back of the Flying Friars.

So rest Friday, wake up early, get dressed in Red, get your swerve on, and start the party off right on campus Saturday afternoon at the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Now I know you might kill me for sounding to optimistic but I have to hype it up but I wish the school(redzone) would take a more student friendly approach to enticing students to come. Pizza and red tshirts has been the main attraction to coming to game for the past 5 years now. I had 2 draws full of red shirts from attending game it gets old! I donated about 40 st. john's shirts to the good will box. Also this stuff should all go on at the mens game and carry over to the womens and should have some serious give a away at halftime and even bigger at the end of the womens game if they are that concerned with students staying for the game.

Either way there is 1700 students invited to the game....
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Redzone vs Johnny Jungle
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 05:05:03 PM »
So far most of the students who have declined the invitation are locals.....bayside, fresh meadows, whitestone, etc. kids. All commuters

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 09:28:11 PM »
so far the jungle's invitation has 83 confirmed, 83 maybe, with 600 still awaiting reply

Randomhero423

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 09:41:10 PM »
don't some people on facebook just say yes to everything they get invited to, so it doesn't really mean they are going?

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 11:06:42 PM »
i declined theres and said yes to yours. i doubt i stay around for the womens game all my energy will be used at the mens

kob24

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 12:02:14 AM »
great idea from all. its about time

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 01:04:41 AM »
don't some people on facebook just say yes to everything they get invited to, so it doesn't really mean they are going?

Yes so you always have to use the rule of 3. Whatever says yes divide that number by 3. There is also people who just hit "no" too.

i declined theres and said yes to yours. i doubt i stay around for the womens game all my energy will be used at the mens

should have said yes to both...we're all after the same cause.

Side note we're up to 102 confirmed yes, 101 maybe, 238 No, 429 awaiting reply. Notable "No" Sylven Landesburg(hey can't blame a kid for still trying maybe Eric Gordon gave me some inspiration to keep him home still)