2010/2011 Starting Lineup

• 37 replies

boo3

Re: 2010/2011 Starting Lineup
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 06:07:46 PM »
  I think Q. Roberts surprises a lot of folks this year. 

1st three off the bench

Horne
  Polee
  Roberts

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 01:19:50 PM »
What I want it to be...
Roberts
Hardy
Kennedy
Brownlee
Burrell

What it will be

Boothe
Horne
Kennedy
Brownlee
Evans

Poison

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 01:44:12 PM »
What I want it to be...
Roberts
Hardy
Kennedy
Brownlee
Burrell

What it will be

Boothe
Horne
Kennedy
Brownlee
Evans

This line up could turn it over 30 times a game.

Roberts
Hardy
Kennedy
Brownlee
Burrell

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 04:11:09 PM »
LJSA & KANIGHT, who's your pg in that line up?

I don't think this team gets a good PG until 2012 with Jevon Thomas.

Boothe love his hard work, tenacious D rebounding for his size seems like a good guy but he has basically been the same player since his JR year in H.S.
Can't shoot worth a lick from FT line or 3pt line. FG% numbers are also dismal.His TOs are also too high if you are offensively challenged. Also he is not a durable player so starting him may hurt the team in the long run because once they Gel he will get hurt again.

I rather just run the offense through DJ and have a slash in Horne on one side and a shooter in Hardy on the other side
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 04:45:28 PM »
What I want it to be...
Roberts
Hardy
Kennedy
Brownlee
Burrell

What it will be

Boothe
Horne
Kennedy
Brownlee
Evans

Roberts
Hardy
Kennedy
Brownlee
Burrell

would a lineup of boohe hardy kennedy evans coker hold onto the ball any better?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2010, 05:21:03 PM »
I don't think this team gets a good PG until 2012 with Jevon Thomas.

Boothe love his hard work, tenacious D rebounding for his size seems like a good guy but he has basically been the same player since his JR year in H.S.
Can't shoot worth a lick from FT line or 3pt line. FG% numbers are also dismal.His TOs are also too high if you are offensively challenged. Also he is not a durable player so starting him may hurt the team in the long run because once they Gel he will get hurt again.

I rather just run the offense through DJ and have a slash in Horne on one side and a shooter in Hardy on the other side
I never noticed Boothe's mediocre FT %'s until now.  Was focused on the other issues with his game.  Yikes. 

Only problem with the Horne/ Hardy/ Kennedy backcourt is that you could pressure them unendingly. Only Hardy's got a solid dribble, and it's not that great.

Poison

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2010, 05:29:45 PM »
What I want it to be...
Roberts
Hardy
Kennedy
Brownlee
Burrell

What it will be

Boothe
Horne
Kennedy
Brownlee
Evans

Roberts
Hardy
Kennedy
Brownlee
Burrell

would a lineup of boohe hardy kennedy evans coker hold onto the ball any better?

We know that Coker and Evans will turn it over a lot.

But without a point guard out there, or a lead guard who is strong with the ball in his hands,
we are at a huge disadvantage. Hardy, Horne and DJ turn it over with Boothe out there. With him,
it would be ugly. I mean uglier. 

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 01:12:53 AM »
What I want it to be...
Roberts
Hardy
Kennedy
Brownlee
Burrell

What it will be

Boothe
Horne
Kennedy
Brownlee
Evans

Roberts
Hardy
Kennedy
Brownlee
Burrell

We know that Coker and Evans will turn it over a lot.

But without a point guard out there, or a lead guard who is strong with the ball in his hands,
we are at a huge disadvantage. Hardy, Horne and DJ turn it over with Boothe out there. With him,
it would be ugly. I mean uglier. 

ya turnovers have killed this group for three years..hopefully it is adressed this season. With boothe out on the court we are limited if anyone else steps up (horne hardy dj or Q) and runs the team well we would benefit
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 09:45:14 AM »
This group played it's best basketball ever at the very end of the season.
Boothe played very well. Maybe not amazing, but he certainly held his own against
a good Marquette team, Uconn and Memphis.

If they go through this season simply beating teams of their caliber, we'll make the dance.

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2010, 12:11:29 PM »
In case you're ever wondering I always update depth chart regularly on the site.

http://johnnyjungle.com/junglepedia/team-roster/
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Tha Kid

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2010, 12:13:21 PM »
In case you're ever wondering I always update depth chart regularly on the site.

Your depth chart does not include Justin Burrell.  It also claims Quincy Roberts is the 3rd back up 3 and 2, but Polee is only listed as a 4...might want to change a few things...
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2010, 12:15:36 PM »

Your depth chart does not include Justin Burrell.  It also claims Quincy Roberts is the 3rd back up 3 and 2, but Polee is only listed as a 4...might want to change a few things...

Burrell is currently injured so he wouldn't be on any depth chart.

Quincy is slotted behind Paris, DJ and Hardy but he'll probably see more time than Sean Evans.

Polee will be our starting our PF (maybe center)....small ball.

Poison

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2010, 12:18:22 PM »
Burrell is wearing a soft cast now. He might be back, but he will be brought along slowly.

Tha Kid

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2010, 12:18:47 PM »

Quincy is slotted behind Paris, DJ and Hardy but he'll probably see more time than Sean Evans.

so there's no derivation where Polee could play SF?  I assume when Burrell comes back it is possible depending on how everyone plays.  I guess that's my point, its tough to have a depth chart where you are listing guys multiple times when we really have no idea how it's gonna work.  Might make sense to list them only once...

As for Burrell, he's only out a few games right?

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2010, 12:23:49 PM »

so there's no derivation where Polee could play SF?  I assume when Burrell comes back it is possible depending on how everyone plays.  I guess that's my point, its tough to have a depth chart where you are listing guys multiple times when we really have no idea how it's gonna work.  Might make sense to list them only once...

List them more than once to see the rotation.

Tha Kid

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2010, 12:29:58 PM »

So you don't expect Polee to get any time except at the 4?

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2010, 12:35:46 PM »

So you don't expect Polee to get any time except at the 4?

4 or 5...but no time elsewhere for now. He's just a little too inexperienced to play elsewhere. Brownlee will play the 3 before Polee does. Also expect DJ, Paris, and Hardy to log most minutes.

Wods317

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2010, 01:24:32 PM »
I know Burrell may miss the first game or two but a lineup of Brownlee and Polee at the 4-5 and is a very small lineup and will have a tough time in the paint. Polee is very thin and Brownlee is not taller that 6'6 not matter what anyone says so I could see both playing at the 4 but I just cant see them playing at the same time at the 4-5. I would like to see Coker and Burrell playing the 5 and Brownlee and Polee playing the 4.